November 2014..What Did YOU Buy This Week?(Hair Care Edition)

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm waiting for SSI and Oyin's sales. If I do order Oyin, it will mainly be body stuff. I love their Coco Mango Afterbath oil and Whipped Shea Butter.

ETA: And I have to get Hair dew for my brother.

bronxsoloist

I let the PJ in me come out for a bit and bought some Tea Tree and Peppermint Oil, along with the usual VO5 cheapie conditioner, and then throw in some Camille Rose Moisture Milk. I am definitely impressed with the Moisture Milk, smells REALLY good and is perfect for my thick thick thick thick hair. Which I am realizing as it gets longer, just how thick it is. I dont need a "thickening" hair stage, I'm good. Length only please.

meka72

From Jessicurl's 72 hour sale:

Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
Deep Treatment

I'm excited to try these (new to me) products.

Pennefeather

Jakeala on etsy

Shea Nappy Butter
Amla Shea Parfait
Coconut Juice Leave in
Coffee butter balm

Babygrowth,

What do you think of the Alma shea parfait? I checked out the website, and the ingredients look good. How does it smell? Is it thick? And is it oily? Also, how are you using it? Sorry for so many questions.

Last edited:

KinkyGenius

Lawd, Jesus take my debit card :lol:

Amazon
Curlformer Dupes

I just installed box braids and plan on keeping them in for about a month to a month and a half. However, after taking them down I think I'm going to do a curlformer set for the holidays. Jen from JustGrowAlready helped me come to that conclusion with this post, just gorgeous.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

@Babrgrowth,

What do you think of the Alma shea parfait? I checked out the website, and the ingredients look good. How does it smell? Is it thick? And is it oily? Also, how are you using it? Sorry for so many questions.

Lol. I haven't received it yet but there are some ladies on here who have. I think Lita can help shed more light for you

oneastrocurlie

@Babrgrowth,

Pennefeather

I have it and used it for the first time yesterday. I'd say it thick, very thick. Not oily. I used it to do a couple flat twist. So far so good. A little goes a long way. I can't remember how it smells off hand. It's not near me but I doesn't stink lol. I can remember that much.

oneastrocurlie

oneastrocurlie

Didn't it comes in various 'scents'? I thought I ordered it in a scent?

I need to look at it and see exactly what I bought.:blush:....:lol:

I went to look at my order (I'm still nowhere near my bathroom where the product is lol). But you're right. It does come in various scents. I got cake batter but I need to sniff it again. I don't recall cake batter.

oneastrocurlie

@oneastrocurlie

I'm 'slightly' turned-off by your description of the extremely thick consistency. :ohwell:

I got Caramel Frappe. And I did not smell it.:rolleyes:

I got the Rhassoul Clay in Raspberry Zinger, I hope I like it.

Have you tried APB Hair Cream? It's very similar in thickness to me. It took my a while to figure out the right about to use at a time.

oneastrocurlie

oneastrocurlie

The only ABP Crème I've tried/purchased has been the Ayurvedic Crème.

Are you referring to that one or the Regular Crème? (which I haven't tried).

IDareT'sHair
Yup. The Ayurvedic one. I finally gave my Jakeala another sniff. Seems a bit like white Almond wedding cake to me. And I must not have been paying enough attention because I didn't realize it didn't have any water in it. Which is ok. I'll use it as a sealer. I need my moisturizing products to have water listed first, like the APB Ayurvedic cream.

gorgeoushair

Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk (Coconut Cream) - Ive been wanting to try this and it was the last one :look:

Natty Naturals CUPUACU & RHASSOUL DEEP CONDITIONER --Sitting with it in my hair now with Soft bonnet Dryer. Ingredients below:

Distilled water infused w/Brahmi, Calendula, Hibiscus, Lavender, Neem, Stinging Nettle. Less than 2% remain) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera), Panthenol, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu Butter), Theomobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter), Raw Cacao Powder, Irish Moss, Marshmallow Root, Rhassoul Clay, BTMS, Cetearyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar), Raw Honey,Acetic Acid (Raw Apple Cider Vinegar), Potassium Sorbate, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange Oil), Pumpkin Seed Oil

Bee Mine Hair Milk is some good stuff!

gorgeoushair

Hydroquench Systems
Moisture Rich Shampoo- love, love this stuff!
Puttyful-the "Antigel"-love this

Last edited: