May 17,18,19..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans??

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Happy TGIF Beautiful LHCF Ladies! The Most Lovely Ladies on the face of the Planet!:grin:

So, what are you Wonderful, Talented, Amazing Sistas' doing this weekend to Nuture & Nourish Your Hair?????:grin:

KPH

House Head
I think I'm going to go to great clips or somewhere and get a deep trim in some kind of style, even though I wear my hair up most of the time, when is down the unevenness looks SLOPPY and I'm over it, plus I start a new job Tuesday sooooo I can't go in there looking crazy. I bunned it for the interview.

lana

Well I made it 9 months into a transition and I think I'm going to texlax again this weekend. I have healthy hair and it's thick. Wearing twist outs got me through the stretch. I thought I would remain natural, but I find that I want the same ease of styling and length retention that only texlaxing gave me.

I thought about BKTing but it seems (after reading the entire thread!!!) to be "iffy" and I don't want "iffy" results. At least with texlaxing I know what I'm going to get. I'll probably only texlax once or twice a year going forward. Part of the reason that I experienced thinnnig ends was time (you just have to trim after a period of time), texlaxing too often and heat.

Now I wear twist outs about 75% of the time. So there is less heat, minimal blow drying and way more length retention.

So that's it...it's a hair journey and I'm taking the full ride!

EnExitStageLeft

Prepoo w/ Dabur Vatika Oil

Shampoo using Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed hair and follow with Soft Sheen Carson Breakthru Poo

Do a reconstructive treatment w/ the GVP version of the Kpak Reconstructor

DC w/ steam using Naturelle Grow Marshmallow root, slippery elm and cinnamon dc

Rinse and detangle using my slippery conditioner mix

Apply Leave Ins: Distilled water, Db Herbal leave in, Luvnatural Love me leave in, Db Tucuma butter moisture whip, seal with Db Pumpkin seed Elixir and apply Phyto Phytokeratine Reparative serum to my ends

Air dry using the banding method and BUN another week through :grin:

Last edited:

janeemat

I have been trying to embrace my gray hair that is coming in with a vengence, but I think that I am going to color my edges since I have been bunning. I am 9 weeks post and these gray new growth edges is NOT cute!!!

naturalagain2

Prepooing now in a bun I used Amla/Brahmi/Vatika Frosting
Shampoo this afternoon with Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo follow up with NuENZ Organic Shampoo
Do a henna treatment
DC with Bask cacao bark
Rinse and detangle with Aussie Moist Condish
Final Tea rinse (don't know with what yet)
Moisturize with Bask Hair Milk Leave in condish and Tapioca Hair Cream
Seal with Bask Sevenfold butter blend

I think I'm going to do another bantu knot out

Lissa0821

Deep condition on dry hair with Joico Moisture Treatment Balm mixed with honey and olive oil. Wash and condition with Joico Moisture Recovery. Blow dry with Elasta QP Design Silk and Chi Silk infusion. Roller set with purple flexirods, flat iron roots the next morning.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tonight or Tomorrow:
Oil Soak with Pure Rice Bran Oil for a few hours
Cowash w/Shea Moisture Purification Masque
Do a quick Reconstructor (Sebastian Penetraitt)
Steam with Purabody Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie
ACV Rinse
Tea Rinse & Oil and dry under dryer

Rozlewis

Today doing a hard protein treatment in anticipation of my relaxer next week. I followed the protein with Shea What Deux to put the moisture back in. I will blow dry and flat iron today. This will be the first time using direct heat in over 90 days but I need to get those roots straight for the relaxer. I used to love using direct heat now I cant stand it.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I rollerset my hair last night.

Does anyone notice that their rollersets take longer as their hair gets longer?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
PM: Moisturize and seal my box braids.
Will use Africas Best Braid spray Friday and Saturday..
and SCurl Sunday.

Ill use my njoy oil Friday & Sunday night

jbwphoto1

Some of you are going to be very busy this weekend.

I completed mine before getting to work today.

I did my henna (from the Indian market) under steamer one hour and then under plastic cap and satin scarf and washed out with NaturelleGrow's Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioner.

My indigo (www.mehandi.com) also under plastic cap and satin scarf and washed out with Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioner.

A deep conditioning with NaturelleGrow's Orange and Hibiscus Deep Conditioning Treatment (she's really getting a lot of my money) under steamer followed by NJoy 's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil on scalp with a few minutes of massage; my moisture spray of distilled water, glycerin and EOs and sealed with a leave-in conditioning butter from StudioSundari on etsy.

I added a giant Janet collection afro puff on top. I think I've done pretty well for myself today.

I'm also hoping to visit the Trader Joe's that I just found out about. :yep:

SweetSunshine

Haven't "washed" in two weeks, so I'm due!

Prepoo- Tresemme naturals + jojoba oil
Clarify - Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Strengthen - Aphogee 2 Min.
DC - Mane Choice (new product)
Leave Ins- Mango Hair Butter sealed with coconut oil

Roll with Big Rollers, let dry, then flat twist for lovely waves...
Hair Bliss:drunk:

SherylsTresses

...Just finished a semester in pre-nursing and haircare was put on hold...

Cowash with Tresemme Naturals
DC with Giovani 50:50/EVOO for a few hours
Apply Giovanni Direct Leave-in/EVOO
Airdry into a baggy bun a la Chicorro

cherry.a

HOT W/ Carols Daughter TUI moisturizing oil.
Wash W/ Shea Moisture thickening shampoo.
DC W/ Shea Moisture restorative conditioner .

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
-HOT with steam using extra dark JBCO
-Steam with either Silk Dreams Shea What Deux or Bel Nouvo CastorCoco dc. Decisions, decisions... :scratchch
-Clean scalp with NaturelleGrow Marshmallow CC
-Moisturize with Hairitage Moisture Riser
-Seal with Hairitage Green Tea Time
-Twist hair back up for wiggin

:reddancer:

veesweets

Hemp seed & EVCO mix prepoo
SD go moist shampoo
Komaza Protein hair strengthener
DC with naturelle grow chamomile and burdock
Coconut vinegar rinse (still experimenting with this, first two rinses went really well)

LexiDior

Today i took out my box braids, tomorrow ill let my hair take a break and then Sunday ill relax and get new braids put in.

chebaby

i dont really have too much planned. i may do an amla treatment, steam with something, maybe the rest of my kbb masque or one of my naturelle grow deep conditioners and then just wash and go. ill probably use kbb sa as a leave in. maybe a curl cream for extra definition. i have no idea lol.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Nothing major -- I cowashed tonight with BFH Macadamia and I'm air drying. I'll do a good steam session on Sunday with something very moisturizing....either AO HSR or HV SitriNillah.

SingBrina

I am going to be doing a twist out as a protective style and then on Monday I am going to straighten my hair for work... unless this experiment with the twist out looks stunning...then i will just keep the twist out for a week

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I will take out theses two week old cornrows, cleanse with Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse, DC with Sitrinillah. I will LOCB with grspeseed oil, Whipped Creme, and Almond Glaze.

I will style my hair with fresh cornrows and braids or twists in the back.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

hair4today

Henna time, using Red Raj from Henna Sooq for the first time. Hope it lives up to the hype. My henna routine goes a little something like this....

1 week prior, Mix henna with hibiscus and rosehip tea, add Amla & Olive oils after dye release then freeze.
Night b4 (Fri) prepoo/dry detangle with AO Camellia and Amla oil, defrost henna
Henna day (Sat) wash hair with IPN Shikakai Walnut Cleanser
Apply henna, plastic wrap 2 hrs, steam 1 hour
Co-wash out the henna using Trader Joe Nourish Spa (several rinses)
DC with Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends for an hour, heat cap for 30 mins
ACV Floral rinse, leave on for 15 minutes then do a final rinse with plain H2O
Apply NG Soft N Silky Leave-in, seal with Camellia Oil
Air dry with 2 strand twists or curlformers (if I'm staying in for the day)

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I really wish I had the time to do SOMEthing with my hair this weekend. Sigh...Maybe tonight I'll take my updo down and just M&S. Work is kicking my arse this week. :nono:

lamaria211

tomorrow im going to clarify using Mizanni puriphying shampoo, then DCing over a tea rinse for an hour using heat with SD vanilla silk cream. Addidng Darcys daily leave in before sealing with PM super skinny serum, then air drying in a bun

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Washing with CON Green
DCing with SE MegaSilk and letting that sit for a few hours
.......that's all!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Tonight: oil scalp with castor oil and pre-poo hair with an ayurvedic mix.
Tomorrow is the usual wash and DC with heat using cholesterol
Moisturise in sections with S-Curl, braid and seal with castor oil, air dry

LifeafterLHCF

Friday-on impulse did a corrective relaxer on one area of my head
Sunday-wash with Joico Moisture Recovery,DC with the Recovery Balm,blow dry,moisturize and seal. More than likely I will bun for the week as I don't want to flat iron my hair again.