Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

CodeRed

Please, stop bumping threads from 1972 just to vote in a poll.

:lachen:

It took me a while to figure out why that happened... even still, I'm like... why vote now? It's probably not even the same group that was here when it started :lol:

Lilmama1011

I picked up this from Sally' s today. They have the liter for 8.99 and I had a $5 coupon and paid $4.30 for it! Hopefully it will be good

ForumRunner_20150325_010437.jpg

CodeRed

This year's hair goal:

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Ordered a hair therapy heat wrap. Hopefully I'll start DCing for longer than 10 minutes. I also want highlights for the summer. Any NYC ladies have any recommendations for an affordable colorist, that would be greatly appreciated!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Every time someone post pictures of their hair and they lean to capture the back or sides, I think about this lady-boy. My baby was leaning his head yesterday looking at TV and I thought about it again. lol

Attachments

• image-2812830073.jpg
    image-2812830073.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Anaisin

Every time someone post pictures of their hair and they lean to capture the back or sides, I think about this lady-boy. My baby was leaning his head yesterday looking at TV and I thought about it again. lol

Lol where is this even from? I keep seeing it

PlainJane

Does anyone "treat" their hair before they go swimming?

I remember an old stylist used to tell me to put conditioner in my hair before I went swimming.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Does anyone "treat" their hair before they go swimming? I remember an old stylist used to tell me to put conditioner in my hair before I went swimming.
I put conditioner on prior to my swim class. I've been using SM coconut
& hibiscus conditioner lately. I swim at least 2 times a week. I use suave clarifying conditioner afterwards. I also deep condition on days I swim. Hope this helps.

CluelessJL

I'm thinking about flat ironing my hair. Partly for a proper length check, partly because I'm slightly bored of wavy hair (it's the only way I've worked out how to dry and style my hair with no heat!). But on the other hand, not using heat is my one major win so far - I'm still trying to find products and techniques that work, but I have cut out heat! So I think I'll feel like I've failed in some way if I flat iron just for the sake of it...

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Why the heck did I decide to do WHIP length Senegalese Twists, knowing it takes forever and a day? I have gotten compliments and even suggestions that I should go to cosmetology school. I really wish I could, but A) I have back problems that prevent me from standing or sitting for extended periods of time and B) I still have student loans from Everest (don't ask lol). What to do?

CodeRed

I hope there isn't a "hair guru" out there with a head full of fake hair making people believe it's theirs...I'm pretty good at spotting fake hair but people are getting better and better... I would've never been able to spot this:

Anaisin

I hope there isn't a "hair guru" out there with a head full of fake hair making people believe it's theirs...I'm pretty good at spotting fake hair but people are getting better and better... I would've never been able to spot this:

There is. Can't remember the yt name but she has natural weave. Her hair stays changing texture and length, she stays doing videos about growth etc lol.

oneastrocurlie

That isn't hers?? Oddly enough I'm more drawn to the color then her hair.

krissyhair

The thickness would have been my only clue.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
What's a good protein free gel to make the hair sleek? I'm using ecostyler without issues but notice it has hydrolyzed wheat pro. I don't want any issues.

Victoria44

I'm tired of how hair dew smells in my hair so I'm on the search for a more subtle smelling moisturizer. I switched to SM curl enhancing smoothie for a while but that doesn't smell good either in my hair and it just coats the strands. I bought samples of the oyin juices to try but moisture sprays usually dry out my hair so I don't have high hopes.

spacetygrss

I'm missing the way that the humidity in Hawaii had my hair feeling. I literally did nothing special to it and it felt so lush the entire time. I had to do a DC within hours of getting back to Texas to get that same feeling (the dry air sucked the moisture right out of my hair and skin!).

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm missing the way that the humidity in Hawaii had my hair feeling. I literally did nothing special to it and it felt so lush the entire time. I had to do a DC within hours of getting back to Texas to get that same feeling (the dry air sucked the moisture right out of my hair and skin!).
Humidity makes my hair dry as a bone! It's weird. I'm dreading summer because of it. I gotta master these Havana twists cuz I just can't deal with my loose hair all summer.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I'm tired of how hair dew smells in my hair so I'm on the search for a more subtle smelling moisturizer. I switched to SM curl enhancing smoothie for a while but that doesn't smell good either in my hair and it just coats the strands. I bought samples of the oyin juices to try but moisture sprays usually dry out my hair so I don't have high hopes.

Have you ever tried Annabelle's Perfect Blends? She has tons of scent options and her products are nice.