Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Unread 07-20-2003, 09:32 PM

Thanked 2,073 Times in 853 Posts
Mentioned: 363 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Default Re: eating EGGS for faster hair growth?

I try to eat an egg daily but I am not concerned with the cholesterol. This is mainly becasue I read labels alot. Also, people are always checking to see the amount of cholesterol food has but they need to also check the SATURATED FAT content. This also contributes to high cholesterol.

Besides a daily egg, I really don't eat other foods with high cholesterol amounts so I consider myself in the saf zone. Besides I love eggs.
Unread 07-20-2003, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Actually i belee eggs wont affect your chol level that much..if you boil or poach them...just dont fry em in oil! docs recommend no more than 4-5 a week...

Uzz
Unread 07-20-2003, 11:19 PM

Thanked 25,369 Times in 7,654 Posts
Mentioned: 4670 Post(s)
Tagged: 151 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I was wondering if perhaps there is an optimum rate at which our hair grows, meaning once you reach that rate, no amount of extra supplements will make a difference. In other words, I was thinking that perhaps some of us seem to have "slow" growing hair coz our diets lack in sufficient amounts of an essential element, so that once we get enough of it, then we will experience growth at a normal rate. Perhaps 1/2 an inch a month continuously. That might explain why some people will load up on biotin and not see the same result as someone else who was taking the same amount. Maybe the copycat was OK in their body's biotin content and was just lacking a different nutrient all together. Hence the reason why someone will swear that MSM is the magical ingredient while another swears it's biotin. When really it's all of them in their right amounts for our unique bodies - and in forms that are easily assimilated so they reach the important cells. Don't forget, some of us may have conditions that deplete nutrients from our bodies making us need more of them.

With that in mind, I did a search online and found an article that told me I wasn't too far off in my thinking. Check this out.

In about 30 years, Diane Witt achieved over 6 ft of growth, which works out to almost 3-4" per year [EDIT: Oops, that shoulda been "in about 20 years"...Sorry], that is if you ignore the breaks hair seems to take from growing and any breakage she might've encountered. Her hair looks pretty thick so no idea if she trims away thin ends, if any. I wonder if she has a biography out there? If not, why the heck not?

Interesting thought, isn't it? That it's LACK OF THE RIGHT COMBINATION and not necessarily one particular element. In which case, because A gets good results with BiotinX, doesn't mean I will get the same results if I run out and get the very same biotin. Coz maybe sufficient biotin wasn't what was lacking in my program. After all, vitamins come from food too. So my diet might be supplying me more with goodies that yours isn't. Which is why I think we need to look at the whole picture. Are you eating as well as you possible could? If we eat the best we can, I think we will be closer to nailing the regimen that works for us. And we will be able to tell what supplements we need to increase on for our particular problems (dryness, thinning, etc).

So rather than aiming for length, if we aim for overall health, I think length will creep up on us when we least expect it.
Unread 07-21-2003, 03:55 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I agree with you JenJen! Last winter I ate two egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal every morning and my hair grew fast and it looked and felt healthy. But I messed up and switched perms, from Hawaiin Silky to Motions. Motions broke off so much of my hair that I was ashamed to go out. Lesson learned on my end!!!!
Unread 07-21-2003, 04:36 AM
The Good Physician

A very informative post, nonie! I'm going to check you link in just a moment.

I take L-Cysteine supplements, so...
Unread 07-21-2003, 11:25 PM

The eggs yolk are the one with the most protein and L-cysteine I'm pretty sure, but I guess it has its side effect too. I guess if I were really really in need of a major grow-out, I'll start eating eggs everyday for a month or so and then stop. I don't know if taking the L-cysteine supplement would give the same effect as eating the actual eggs, but I gues it's worth a try cause it's more healthier, I think it's recommended to take 1500mg of L-cysteine or more to get some sort of effect.

karen
Unread 07-22-2003, 03:14 PM

Thanked 1,083 Times in 305 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Lately, I have been eating eggs because they are cheap and easy to cook everyday but I haven't noticed a difference yet.
Unread 07-22-2003, 03:24 PM

Whenever I do the Atkins diet, I eat a lot of boiled eggs because they are quick and easy on the the go. I notice increased hair and nail growth when I do this.
Unread 09-17-2003, 07:52 PM

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,276 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)

[ QUOTE ]
It is true,eggs grow your hair really fast. Last month i started eating 4-8 eggs , mostly whites, a day and my nails started growing really fast and hard. I also noticed that my hair grew like a weed. This was within two weeks after I started taking the eggs. I got about an inch of growth in three weeks. When i reduced the egg intake down to 2-3 eggs a day the growth was reduced. I believe the egg whites are high in protein.I am going to increase the egg intake to see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]