Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I massaged my scalp with castor oil and I feel like it gave this blowout a second life. My roots are so soft. My hair feels thicker. I have a new routine. I’ll oil with castor oil in between blowout appointments to keep my hair soft and happy.

Ugh, postpartum hair loss has found me. I'm losing way more hair than usual on my weekly wash days. My edges are also thinning, and my hair seems more tangly than usual. :sad: :sad: :sad: I am still at the same length I was in December, which is about 2" from WSL, I believe, but I don't even care about that because the health of my hair is deteriorating. Any suggestions? I'm still taking my prenatals.

Ugh, postpartum hair loss has found me. I'm losing way more hair than usual on my weekly wash days. My edges are also thinning, and my hair seems more tangly than usual. :sad: :sad: :sad: I am still at the same length I was in December, which is about 2" from WSL, I believe, but I don't even care about that because the health of my hair is deteriorating. Any suggestions? I'm still taking my prenatals.

((BIG HUG))
I really hope you can figure this out soon.

I've been through postpartum twice. I breastfed both babies for at least a year so I was on prenatals for a while following both pregnancies. I don't think I ever paid attention to hair loss either time, I was just overwhelmed with other stuff. Both times, though, I've found it helpful for both my hair and my sanity to stay in low-to-no manipulation styles all of the time. The 2nd time, I had to hide my hair from my baby bc he was a hair puller so I stayed under crochets and in cornrows most of the time. Also, I do have naturally thin edges. I've found that Megatek did a good job helping areas fill in that were weakened and/or suffered damage from doing relaxers too often in the past. It's a protein so I had to watch out for other protein in my regi. Also, keeping a diet high in protein was helpful in improving the health/thickness of my hair.

I've seen others recommend massaging in castor oil.

Maybe you could also try doubling up your moisture routine?

GL to you! :bighug:

Washed my hair on some real random stuff as Sunday is wash day and I’m going to experiment with air drying. I really will have to relax soon because it feels like a baby fro on my scalp and the south is doing pre heat hazing.

Washed my hair on some real random stuff as Sunday is wash day and I’m going to experiment with air drying. I really will have to relax soon because it feels like a baby fro on my scalp and the south is doing pre heat hazing.
I washed my hair last night and put some foam in, smoothed my hair down, used some wrap strips, and air dried with my scarf, leaving the length out and wrapping another scarf to cover.

I was going to sit under the dryer, but I was tired and it was my bedtime..

I had to cut my hair into a bob. My hair was Midback length at the time. You gotta let that hair go.. it will grow back, but the hair loss, thinning, and trying to hide it will just be stressful and may do a number on your self esteem. Having a cute haircut will help!

This is why I’m a wig wearer but thankfully I don’t have obligations the require me to be with people.
Embrace your child free life and singleness! More women are getting honest and open about what really goes down. I got things to do that do not technically have anything to do with me.. lol You got women on here right now talking about how their hair fell out. Some women teeth fall out. lol Embrace and appreciate the blessings that you have and that you are!

Embrace your child free life and singleness! More women are getting honest and open about what really goes down. I got things to do that do not technically have anything to do with me.. lol You got women on here right now talking about how their hair fell out. Some women teeth fall out. lol Embrace and appreciate the blessings that you have and that you are!
I most definitely am and kinda don’t have a choice as I’m invisible to society. I have immense gratitude to the moms who adore their kids and the sacrifice to hair and beauty. When I read about child birth I was distraught. Hair is such a big thing.

A nice trim will give the appearance of fuller hair. Castor oil on your roots will help with growth. I took garlic pills to halt the shedding. I’ve been through it 4 times. There’s a garlic conditioner called alter ego that I used as well.

I really want to cut my hair. But what’s stopping me is my lack of ability to wear a ponytail or bun just yet

I’m a wig babe and like to not look like I wear helmets but was on youtube recently and one of these wig slayers shared this ruby kisses foundation but mentioned the color and mercy I hope she is blessed because my wigs look so seamless. I’m buying a back up as I can not be without esp as I try more festive colors like pink.

I saw someone on YouTube talking about this product too but I couldn't tell what shade to buy since I found it only on Amazon. How did you decide on what shade to get?

I saw someone on YouTube talking about this product too but I couldn't tell what shade to buy since I found it only on Amazon. How did you decide on what shade to get?
The video I was watching the girl pretty much dealt with Black women and she showed several where she used shade 13 on them and it was nice. I believe this is the video I found it. Just to show the variety.

The video I was watching the girl pretty much dealt with Black women and she showed several where she used shade 13 on them and it was nice. I believe this is the video I found it. Just to show the variety.

Thank you!
Just had a chance to watch the video. It's informative but the voiceover style creeped me out. I got the idea though. She used shade 13 for most clients on the brown/darker side.

Did shade 13 work for you? I noticed she applied it mainly to the wig cap, I will be applying it to the lace mainly since I have a sew-in with closure.

Thank you!
Just had a chance to watch the video. It's informative but the voiceover style creeped me out. I got the idea though. She used shade 13 for most clients on the brown/darker side.

Did shade 13 work for you? I noticed she applied it mainly to the wig cap, I will be applying it to the lace mainly since I have a sew-in with closure.
The young ones do some interesting things with videos lol. But yes the 13 hit so much. It’s made my wigs look so much better. I don’t do the bald cap method I apply to the lace because I’m getatric and I’m not for that life.

Anybody heard of a cold wax treatment for hair? I was googling something and came across this.
I was just looking at this. I ran across a stylist on Instagram who is offering it but it was all in Spanish (different brand https://simoneprofessional.com/producto/cera-fria-laciante-cold-wax/). It looks like it straightens your hair though. I would rather keep my curls so I was looking into Lasio Follicle Filler Rebuilding & Restoring Treatment. It is more of a rebuilder but helps with frizz. Female model: https://youtube.com/shorts/_tpLJr-zUjQ?si=LNdmUR7vC5GATQ6P Male Model:

I haven't been able to find out more about Cold Wax treatment but it does look interesting. HTH

@fifi134

I searched some forums for you. Seems like the hairdressers and reviewers are raving about this line for thinning, post partum shedding (and some forms of alopecia):

Surface Awaken Therapeutic Shampoo | LovelySkin

I hope you find something, even if not this.

Back