How do you/would you deal with heat damage?

• Total voters
Honestly, hair can carry energy. A lot of cultures shave the hair after a death or some traumatic event. It’s partially why I feel so leery of wearing another person’s hair.
And honestly, why I’ve cut my hair has always impacted how I feel about the cut. Not the cut itself. If I get scissor happy on myself, it’s kinda like oh well. But if someone damages my hair and I have to cut that damage off, I’m pretty furious/sad...
TFS! The good news isn’t that it’ll grow back and there’s tons of style switchups available in the interim.
:bighug:
Well I've done a fresh start in all areas of my life so I said my hair too.... But I miss my hair and am not feeling this look.

Honestly, hair can carry energy. A lot of cultures shave the hair after a death or some traumatic event. It’s partially why I feel so leery of wearing another person’s hair.
And honestly, why I’ve cut my hair has always impacted how I feel about the cut. Not the cut itself. If I get scissor happy on myself, it’s kinda like oh well. But if someone damages my hair and I have to cut that damage off, I’m pretty furious/sad...
TFS! The good news isn’t that it’ll grow back and there’s tons of style switchups available in the interim.
:bighug:
Thanks sis

see that's is whats is annoying to me because people will big chop because of heat damage and then turn around and do the same thing a few years later.
so for the new year i was going to find a stylist who could do a light flat iron so i could have my hair trimmed. but after reading this thread, i'm going to see if i can either get a rollerset and then have her cut it, or either cut it while wet to shape it. no flat iron.

good job. try to avoid any setbacks. that is definitely my 2018 new years hair goal

so for the new year i was going to find a stylist who could do a light flat iron so i could have my hair trimmed. but after reading this thread, i'm going to see if i can either get a rollerset and then have her cut it, or either cut it while wet to shape it. no flat iron.

I could've written this!!!
I’ve worn my hair all sorts of ways. BC’d, transitioned, colored, relaxed... heck, even shaved my head. I am not my hair. But, I like my hair long. I really do. It’s not the end of the world, but I wouldn’t be cavalier about a big cut either.

Thanks for admitting this. I’ve cut down to a TWA over heat damage in the past. This is my 4th time rocking a TWA and I prefer longer hair. I believe longer hair suits me. I know that everyone struggles with the awkward stage, but once my hair grows out, I’d like to keep it shoulder length or longer.

I’m a firm believer that when we feel our best, we can be our best. If we like the way we look, we feel great. It doesn’t matter whether 50-11 people think short hair looks best on us, it matters what WE think looks best on us.
I know that everyone struggles with the awkward stage, but once my hair grows out, I’d like to keep it shoulder length or longer.

Back