Your Hair Products " Non - Stash "

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The "What the Kinks" YouTuber has what she calls an "anti-stash."

Wooo! Sounds so . . . harsh . . . to me. :giggle:

Do you have a non-stash? Could you have a non-stash? What is or would be in it?

PHOTOS ARE WELCOME!!! :smile:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I have made GREAT strides.

I have pared down my "in-the-current-rotation" products as much as I could pare them down. Then I put them all in the cabinet in the bathroom. The only thing not shown is the chelating shampoo I keep in the shower, and the prepoo that is in the mail on its way to me.

I had a little extra space in the cabinet :giggle:, so I placed 4 or 5 bottles of stuff in there that aren't critical.

I am now in the process of moving EVERYTHING else out of sight. Only tools (dryer, Conair Wave Clips, etc.) will be anywhere near me.

I love it. It is WONDERFUL to just keep myself in that cabinet, giving the best I've discovered so far to my hair each day. :yep:

So right now, the closest I come to a "non-stash" is about 12 commercial products plus DIY CurlyProverbz Ayurvedic Hair Growth Oil, aloe Vera juice, and organic rice water.

WP_20170904_004 1.jpg

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I intend to have an arsenal of at least 24 oils in rotation, not counting EOs. Why? I like them and they last a long time. I see what she is saying, though.

Oh, that makes sense to me. I feel like oils and AVJ and ACV don't count against. Like at all, in my book. :look: They are simply good for the hair and need to be around, and that's it from my perspective. :lol:

I was more thinking of commercial "products."

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Oh, that makes sense to me. I feel like oils and AVJ and ACV don't count against. Like at all, in my book. :look: They are simply good for the hair and need to be around, and that's it from my perspective. :lol:

I was more thinking of commercial "products."
Ah... I got 11 jars of one creme because I feel like it will be discontinued. I have 5 gels and 1 pudding because I wanted to see if styling products worked on me; 3-4 will not be a repurchase. I am not opposed to a shampoo in the future, depending on the ingredients. That is it, not counting the Ayurvedic powder and clay. I need more options as my hair grows longer in case I have to change things up.

vevster

I am working towards an "anti stash" like that where I have only tools, products currently in rotation, and a few back ups. It'll be years before I'm there though. If ever...

Me too. At this point I'm not trying any new brands and don't need any new deep conditioners. So funny, @YvetteWithJoy talking about her hair flair and I'm like "Do I need this?" Once I googled what it was, realizing that i have one.....

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Me too. At this point I'm not trying any new brands and don't need any new deep conditioners. So funny, @YvetteWithJoy talking about her hair flair and I'm like "Do I need this?" Once I googled what it was, realizing that i have one.....

:lol:

That's a funny and cute story.

Yeah, I just need to stop now. :smile: Besides an excellent table top dryer (or standing if it must be), I have finished the "research-and-find-great-products-for-your-hair" leg of the healthy hair journey from relaxed to natural.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
What would make the cut? I.e., what would make it to the minimal stash?

3 shampoos - 2 Moisturizing (Mizani Moisturfuse and HEHH) and 1 clarifying
5 detangling/cowashing conditioner - mostly for scent variety. I could probably get away with just 2.
1 protein conditioner - Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
2 moisturizing deep conditioners
2 leave-in/moisturizers - Rotating Alterna Cavier CC 10-N-1 cream, Alterna Cavier Moisture Milk, and It's a 1o Leave-In (man all of these are expensive but boy do they work well. I'm bracing myself for purchasing the mega sizes)
1 gel - for twisting and edge control
1 curl enhancer - Thinking about DevaCurl Coconut Styler (again, lots of coinage needed to acquire but I love the way my hair looks when I use this)
1 foaming wrap lotion - Lottabody Wrap Me Foaming Wrap for rollersetting

YvetteWithJoy

On break
5 detangling/cowashing conditioner - mostly for scent variety. I could probably get away with just 2.
2 leave-in/moisturizers - Rotating Alterna Cavier CC 10-N-1 cream, Alterna Cavier Moisture Milk, and It's a 1o Leave-In (man all of these are expensive but boy do they work well. I'm bracing myself for purchasing the mega sizes)
1 curl enhancer - Thinking about DevaCurl Coconut Styler (again, lots of coinage needed to acquire but I love the way my hair looks when I use this)

That's pretty small! Nice collection.

LushLox

Do you find this moisturising? I'm still puzzled what to make of this product as it doesn't to do that much for me. It is a decent cream to assist with coifing hair and as a final step as polisher but that's about it to me. I'm assuming you use it on dry hair?

Blessed&higlyflavoured

L'oreal Elvive Curl Noursihment shampoo
L'oreal elvive Curl nourishment Conditioner
L'oreal Elvive Curl Nourishment Co wash
L'oreal Elvive Curl Nourishment Leave In
L'oreal Elvive Curl Noursihment Deep Conditioner
Joico kPak Hydrator
Palmer Coconut Leave in Spray
Aphogee Green Tea Keratin spray
1 pack of bentonite Clay
Tigi Dumb blonde reconstructor
ORS Replenishing Conditioner
Aphogee 2 step
As I am hair butter
Camille Rose Almond Jai
Olive oil

I get what shes saying because The only things I enjoy using are
Aphogee Green Tea Keratin spray
Tigi Dumb blonde reconstructor
ORS Replenishing Conditioner
Curl Activator ( which I don't even have)
Joico kPak Hydrator
Olive Oil
and a clarifying Shampoo.

The rest I could do without

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Do you find this moisturising? I'm still puzzled what to make of this product as it doesn't to do that much for me. It is a decent cream to assist with coifing hair and as a final step as polisher but that's about it to me. I'm assuming you use it on dry hair?

This is very moisturizing for me. I've only ever used it on wet or damp hair as I don't do much in the way of styling. I've been able to eliminate sealing with oil because this helps retain moisture so well.

LushLox

This is very moisturizing for me. I've only ever used it on wet or damp hair as I don't do much in the way of styling. I've been able to eliminate sealing with oil because this helps retain moisture so well.

Thanks, I'll give it a try on damp hair.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I have a tiny stash. I have less than 20 products. I throw out anything I haven't used in over 6 months except for my clarifying shampoo and my gels. Any butters I stop using like the Camille Rose coconut one I give to my mother. If she says no I will save it until the next time she comes over and offer it again and then I'll dump it if she doesn't want it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I have a tiny stash. I have less than 20 products. I throw out anything I haven't used in over 6 months except for my clarifying shampoo and my gels. Any butters I stop using like the Camille Rose coconut one I give to my mother. If she says no I will save it until the next time she comes over and offer it again and then I'll dump it if she doesn't want it.

:yep:

Half of me wants to trash everything not in current rotation, with the exception of DCs.

LdyKamz

My anti stash looks exactly like this. I have 2 big tubs like this that I keep under my bed. In one tub are my blowdryers, flat irons, rollers, spray bottles and other crap. The other tub is all hair products for things that I'm currently using. I usually buy the liter bottles for my conditioners or if I can't get them I'll buy a few bottles, put one in the shower and leave the others in the tub until I'm ready to use it. I've finally gotten things down to where I have my staples and can incorporate new things. Like recently I just bought the Joico Kpak line and not crazy about it. When it is finished, I will pull staples out of the tub again and use those until I decide what I want to try from Design Essentials. I never thought I would get here but it's nice on this side. Join me product junkies, join me.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
If you're not using then give it away or dump it. Most of the things we have in our possession we do not use and have not used for more than a year, all things not just hair products.

I've been giving stuff away. It's such a trickle. I have a cousin with a new baby and SEVERAL natural heads to care for. She hasn't gotten back with me, but I would pay the shipping price to get my stash to her beautiful family.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I definitely don't have a non-stash considering I have products between two refrigerators and a closet.
Could I have a non-stash? Besides cleansers, butters, and [maybe] stylers, I doubt it. I enjoy variety and trying new things and conditioners and moisturizers is where that happens for me.