You will never forget the day ....

longhairgoal

What were the best hair compliments you ever received?

Mine are:

One day, I had my hair in a bun. I was on the elevator, and this lady complimented how shiny my hair was.

Another day, I wore my hair down for the first time in a long time. I entered this lady's office, and she stared at me. I couldn't figure out why. I walked into a common area, and I heard her call my name. She called me back to get another look at my hair! She said she had never seen it down and couldn't believe the length.

Another time, I went to a brunch with my boyfriend, and two of the ladies there were really pretty tv anchorwomen. One of the ladies said that my hair was just gorgeous. My boyfriend said, "Thanks. I know how hard she works on it. " It was funny because it made him just as happy as it made me. :)

Isis

I was at a mall recently and I sensed someone close behind me as I was walking. I quickly turned around and a guy (who happened to be black) stepped back a little to keep from running into me. He admitted he was checking my hair and thanked me for wearing my own hair long. He said most of the women he meets who have long hair have weave in their hair. He thanked me again. It was nice getting my hair noticed like that from a guy although it was kind of weird that he was walking so close behind me. :look:

Divastate

I go to a spa to a local spa get my facial/manicure. The best compliment was when I came in one day and a young lady ran up to me and told me she had heard about me and my hair and asked for the tips and website that I had shared with a new natural that worked at the spa- and told me how beautiful my hair is. Its funny because I never really get any words either way about my hair usually but all of a sudden I feel like a celebrity because any time I go to this spa people run over to tell me how much they love my hair.

I actually only got compliments when I cut my hair to chin length because it was always full and freshly trimmed. Now that I grew it out to mid-back, it looks straggly.
Anyway, my most memorable compliment was from a girl I didn't know, who was standing behind me in school. She tapped me on the shoulder and said "You have great hair." She seemed sincere and at the time I was self-conscious about the short length so I was pleased.

WesternEyes

Well sometimes, people ask me,"How did you get your hair like that? It's so cute." And what's really weird to me is when people ask me about my hair color and advice on how to get theirs like mine. This one lady was so curious about my hair she touched it. :eek: I didn't even know her.

sharee

Just recently, I took my hair down from a bun. I caught my fiancee looking at me like :love:. He then said wow, your hair sure looks like it is getting thicker..it looks really nice. Small compliment I know, but a huge one in my eyes.

chocolate01

When I first started doing flexi rod sets everyone in my fam wanted me to do their hair because they liked my hair so much. That was big for me because im like aww they trust me with their hair.

sylver2

I never forget
-Whenever a guy comes up to me and ask me what my ethnicity is when I wear my hair wavy after doing bantu knots.
-Whenever I wear my hair straight and parted on side I always get somebody calling me aaliyah.
-When my hair was short, ear length, the stylist asked if I would be her hair model because she loved how thick it was. This made my day because I was depressed that it was taking so long for my hair to grow out and felt it looked shaggy.
-Anytime I think I'm having a bad hair day and someone says something nice about my hair.

Cinnabuns

My bosses wife complemented me one day and said that my hair looks so shiny (this was when I used LUST as a leave in).

I wore my hair down a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a year (after my bun challenged stopped) I got so many complements. My firiend said "look at all that hair" and my other friend said "I thought that you stopped perming" - my hair was really wavy / curly because of the wet bun that i wore the night before. :)

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I was surprised when an Asian woman in a beauty supply store complimented my hair as she checked my photo id and bank card.

Belladonna

1)short hair cut back in the day. I was not wanting short hair and a guy said it looked very nice.

2)First time I went blonde a woman stopped me and said she really liked my color.

3)Last year ,first time with natural hair.Many compliments on thickness and it's all hers!

Ms Red

my boyfriend likes to touch my hair and says how silky and soft it is. the other day he told me that the cut really suits me

whenever i wash my hair and do a rollerset (usually on the weekend) on Monday i get a lot of compliments. today a co-worker told me "your hair looks soooo nice" in a board meeting and last week another one told me "your hair is just so cute and so pretty" i won't forget that! now i look forward to mondays

my boyfriend's sister (who is a model and has a head of beautiful natural hair) told me how nice my hair looked after i got it cut. and she was thrilled when i told her i am transitioning to natural.

those comments i will never forget! lol :lol:

FashionistaNY

I was in high school and the most flattering comment I had ever heard was from this girl who I thought had the most beautiful head of hair. She complimented me by telling me how healthy and shiny my hair looked even on humid and rainy days saying how much she wished her hair was like mine. I was taken back. But she didn't know that I would wear my hair wrapped in a scarf to school and take it down in the bathroom.

beloved1

Great thread- I was thinking about posting something like this-

All my best compliments have been at church (I guess I spend a lot of time there:)
I use to be a weave-queen, so since I've been on the board my own hair is pretty full and healthy , and the elder's wife at church touched it and said, "Is that yours- it's so pretty"

Another time, I was talking w/ the girls with the two most BEAUTIFUL heads of hair at church and I told them how much I liked their hair, and they both said at the same time, "We like YOUR hair"- and my hair isn't even long- yet.

This past Sunday, after I Phyto'd, I had 3 additional inches hiding under there- a lady actually passed me a note in service to say "You think you're cute b/c your hair is growing, okay you are cute":) Made my day.

And my husband just oohs and aahs alot.

kedra70

My hairdresser was putting the finishing touches on my hair, and she said "girl your hair looks like a wig!" We both busted out laughing - see, I'd been taking flax seed oil and my my hair was growing in shinier - so the wig comment was in reference to the shine.