You Want Slip?!? You Can't Handle The Slip!!!!!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
You Want Slip?!? You Can\'t Handle The Slip!!!!!!!

This is kind of a take off on the thread about slip and no moisture or moisture and no slip...

I was thinking of Kenra MC which I say gives me slip when I don't leave it on for more than a few minutes, but doesn't give me slip if I do leave it on over a few minutes. It is indeed a conditioner that moisturizes and penetrates. But the more it penetrates the less slip it gives. I'd say this is true of many conditioners.

Possible Solution:

So I was thinking that for those of us who like to leave our MC's on a long time and they penetrate really well but then we get no slip...What if... we put another coat of conditioner on over the coat that has already penetrated right before we rinse. OR--what if we rinsed the original coat of conditioner and re-applied a new one and rinsed immediately???? I bet that would help with slip.

Just a thought--I'll try that next time I use my Kenra MC. You try it too and let us know what happens

cutebajangirl

Re: You Want Slip?!? You Can\'t Handle The Slip!!!!!!!

I do this with for my condition washes. Something ends as a condition wash for me if I don't like it as a deep condition. So I usually still don't like but use it up, I always add Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal, on top of whatever the offending conditioner may be. It always comes out great then.

Chaya

Re: You Want Slip?!? You Can\'t Handle The Slip!!!

I do this all the time. I LOVE my Deep Brilliance Moisturshine and I leave it in about 20 minutes. I rinse it out in the shower and this put another layer on for about five muntes while Im in the shower and I am guaranteed major slipage as well and the moisturizing benefits!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Okay--then you're the smart one Chaya
Okay y'all--I credit Chaya with this idea OK!!!!!!!!!

Hey I'm glad you like that conditioner. I may need you to take some off my hands soon

Chaya

OOHH WEE!!! Not a problem ! I have used two containers of this in the past month!!!! I would love to take it off your hands!!!!

Allandra

I've tried this before after keeping a 'good' moisturizing conditioner on overnight. I had to use something else to bring back the slip.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I've tried this before after keeping a 'good' moisturizing conditioner on overnight. I had to use something else to bring back the slip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!! I just posted about this earlier today in the "Overnight conditioning" post!!

gn1g

Missed you at the meeting last weekend.

Supergirl, I've got a question, how do you utilize the different products? Do you rotate every so often or are you still testing products to find the one that works for you? (maybe I have a couple of ?'s) Does your hair become resistant quickly to products? And what length did you start at and how long did it take you to get to the length you are currently at?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: You Want Slip?!? You Can\'t Handle The Slip!!!!

I have many "favorite" products and I just use them as I feel pretty much depending on the regimen for that week. If it's moisture, then I use one of my moisturizing conditioners, if it's protein I want then I use a protein conditioner. If it's both--then I have products for that too

About my hair length--my last major hair cut was in 1997, so I guess I've been growing my hair since then--with a few bumps in the road (scissor happy hair stylists)

I do not find that my hair becomes resistant to products quickly.