• Yes to Cucumbers!

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Both are equally great!

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Neither one is all that!

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really liked Yes to Cucumbers. I eventually had to put it down because of the cone in it.

Yes to Cucumbers did not have a cone in it. Yes to Carrots did. My hair did not like the cone in Yes to Carrot either. You might like Yes to Cucumbers :grin:

It does smell faintly like baby powder, but it also smells very musty/old.
I even asked my friends to smell it, to see if it was me, and they couldn't believe I ever even used it. :lachen:
Maybe it takes longer to ship to my local stores (Netherlands) and with all the natural ingredients and stuff.. I just can't stand the smell.

Oh wow that could be it, I heard it doesn't have a long shelf life so maybe it was bad. IDK
I need to go and smell them. I'm always stalking Ross to see if they have any for cheap:grin:

i voted both are equally good -- slip, moisturising, dissolves into air easily... but i like the color & smell of yes-to-cucumbers better. :grin::drunk::grin:

Glad to hear the smell is good!

So I've tried all 3 of these now and can give a fair review. Yes to Carrots is still my favorite and out of the 3 it has the most slip. Tomato's was nothing special for me, cucumber's I liked....it was heavier and a little more moisturizing than carrots, slip was really good but not as good as carrots, carrots will have your hair feeling like seaweed.:lick:

Yes to Cucumbers had my hair feeling so super silky soft! I'm glad I found it at Ross for $3. Wish I had found Yes to Carrots....that one will forever be my staple, even if I have to pay full price, lol

I didn't realize these formula's would be so different. As for the smells, I think they are so light it and smell like lotion or something to me. Carrots is the best and lightest smelling one, none of them stink to me and they're light enough that you can easily cover with your fav yummy smelling leave in if you want which is what i do sometimes.

Thank goodness for this thread. I saw both at Ross and couldn't decide. I think I'll roll with the Cucumbers, since I lurve cowashing.

So I've tried all 3 of these now and can give a fair review. Yes to Carrots is still my favorite and out of the 3 it has the most slip. Tomato's was nothing special for me, cucumber's I liked....it was heavier and a little more moisturizing than carrots, slip was really good but not as good as carrots, carrots will have your hair feeling like seaweed.:lick:

Yes to Cucumbers had my hair feeling so super silky soft! I'm glad I found it at Ross for $3. Wish I had found Yes to Carrots....that one will forever be my staple, even if I have to pay full price, lol

I didn't realize these formula's would be so different. As for the smells, I think they are so light it and smell like lotion or something to me. Carrots is the best and lightest smelling one, none of them stink to me and they're light enough that you can easily cover with your fav yummy smelling leave in if you want which is what i do sometimes.

Thanks for the through review. Now I think I'm going to just by buy both. :spinning:
But I'll prob bypass the tomatoes since these other two sound so spectacular. I'll prob try cucumbers first bc it sounds like its for mostly thick haired people.

what is ross? is that the full name of the store? and if i dont have one here could i pay someone through paypal and have someone with a ross ship it to me. i would be forever indebted. PM me if u dont mind! id greatly appreciate it!!

what is ross? is that the full name of the store? and if i dont have one here could i pay someone through paypal and have someone with a ross ship it to me. i would be forever indebted. PM me if u dont mind! id greatly appreciate it!!

It's a department store, the set up is like a TJ Maxx or Marshall's. The full name of it is Ross. I found one bottle at mine. I'm thinking of trying to find the other one near where I live (i don't know where it is and I'm bad with direction, lol).

I've been avoiding Yes to Cucumbers because of the cone, but I love the Yes to Carrots Masque and Yes to Tomatoes conditioner. Now that they're reformulating YTCucs, I might give it a try. The YTT conditioner has awesome slip and is great for detangling.

Yes To Carrots Pampering Hair Mud Conditioner I tried it and was not impressed, especially for the price. I know some people love it but it gets a thumbs down from me. I haven't tried the Cucumber conditioner.

I liked yes to cucumbers, i didn't know it had a cone in it. If it did it didn't bother me. Yes to carrots was not as moisturizing to me.

I have been a ytc & ytcu user for almost a year now. I began after walgreens had them marked half off and bogo! I have one more mask left. But I do like the ytcu better. My hair melts like butter when I use it.

For me I have to say Yes to Carrots.. I just tried it last night and I am in love.. My NG was sooooo soft and I have tried both of them.. I also have yes to tomatoes but haven't tried it yet.

I never used he mask just the conditioner

Last edited:
Yes to carrots Conditioner is on sale at Walgreens for $6.74.. The usual price is $8.99.. That sale I am guessing will be over with tomorrow..

Haven't seen a bad review in this whole thread. I'm not a PJ but I'm gonna pick both of these up. My hair tends to like natural ingredients so I'm looking forward to trying

Back