Yay! I can Cornrow NOW!: Learned from a website

TrustMeLove

Ok. Ever since I was 10 I've tried my hardest to learn how to cornrow. Ok..well I gave up pretty quickly..say 20 minutes. 13 years later I have learned that talent which has fleeted me all these years. lol.

I've been natural for the past 2.5 years and I just figured I wouldn't learn how to cornrow. Within in the last few months I just learned how to flat twist. I think this was a really important step in learning to feel my way through adding hair by feel and not sight.

I came across this website http://cornrows.co.uk/howto/howtobraidcornrowsx.html
a few months ago and bookmarked it, but paid it no attention.

Well, it's a friday night and I'm in the house. I figured I should use this ME time wisely. I pulled up the webpage and within 5 minutes MAX I was cornrowing. :yay:

The world seems so much brighter. lol I now can cornrow and now I have the base to do a weave if I so desire. This is soooo cool.

Hope this website helps someone else.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Congratz TML girl I know how you feel, I just recently learned a month or so ago and I was doing the happy dance too. Thinking about purchasing a doll head to get more practice in.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Congratulations! I'm so jealous! :lol:

I'm hopeless when it comes to cornrowing. I've had two people veeery slowly show me step by step how to cornrow. I've looked at step by step tutorial pics online. I even bought a Braids By Breslin instructional dvd. All to no avail :perplexed

I'm about to check out that site, hopefully I'll be cornrowing within a few minutes like you! (probably not :look: )

ETA- Wow, that's a good website!!! I think this may actually be the ''cornrowing for dummies'' instructional that I needed! I'm really tired right now, so I'll look at it again tomorrow and try it on my dd to see if it helps! *crossing fingers* :crossfingers:

Last edited:

Platinum

Ok. Ever since I was 10 I've tried my hardest to learn how to cornrow. Ok..well I gave up pretty quickly..say 20 minutes. 13 years later I have learned that talent which has fleeted me all these years. lol.

I've been natural for the past 2.5 years and I just figured I wouldn't learn how to cornrow. Within in the last few months I just learned how to flat twist. I think this was a really important step in learning to feel my way through adding hair by feel and not sight.

Well, it's a friday night and I'm in the house. I figured I should use this ME time wisely. I pulled up the webpage and within 5 minutes MAX I was cornrowing. :yay:

The world seems so much brighter. lol I now can cornrow and now I have the base to do a weave if I so desire. This is soooo cool.

That's great! I want to learn too. I'll check that site! Thank you for sharing.

TrustMeLove

Thanks Y'all!

I'm so excited. I'm now searching for a tutorial on cornrow extensions. lol. I haven't even done a style w/ cornrows but I want to know how to add hair. Like I'm advice or something..just learned to cornrow a few hours ago. :lachen:

Oh and the cornrow is snug to the scalp. No loosey goosey here. And I wasn't pulling hard at all. I thought the braid was going to look soooo wack, but it turned out really nicely. :yep:

Well, I have to figure out a style that will incorporate my new cornrowing skills. I want to wear that style today.

Mook's hair

:Copy of 2cool::Copy of 2cool::rocker::2cool::2cool:

Awwwww, sookie sookie!

Party Like a Rock Star!

Cornrows are great!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I am SOOOOOOO jelly!!!! :kiss:

I've always wanted to learn how to braid and especially flat twist.

If you find a flat twist video, share it here. That's a fantastic protective style.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

We want pics!!! :clapping:

mnemosyne

Oh wow, I'll have to look at this. The last time I tried the one I did snaked around my head and got fluffy towards the back. :nono:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Thanks. i know how to conrrow but i cant do it on my head because it was very difficult to part. i may try it soon!

lovedone_24

I got to get up on this! Thank you! I have been wanting to know this since forever. The girls around the way always had an extra $10-20 from braiding, but sadly I never learned.

Anancy

Wow that's an excellent site, the instructions are great. I'll have to give it a go tomorrow.

Woo hoo this is exciting. Congrats girl, its a great achievement.

Peacan Tan

If you don't really know how to do them you might try to do it before you take out the micros. I learned how to do it years ago before extentions when all you got were box braids.

drasgrl

Maybe I should bookmark it. I can't cornrow either and I practice. Mine always comes out reversed like underhand.

hopeful

Thanks for this, I just printed out the instructions and will try on my dd's hair tonight. If you find a good one on how to do with extensions too please share. Thanks.

Chromia

Thanks so much! I just followed those instructions and did a cornrow in the back of my head!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'M SO JELLY!!! That's something I've always wanted to do...:yep:

delitefulmane

****Mook where are you? I need some expert advice****
Or anyone else that is an avid braider...
Do you all really start with the middle (guide) braid as suggested?