Will oiling

jellynote

your hair or scalp everyday with essential oils clog your pores? Will conditioning your hair everytime you wash it hurt your hair or help it? My beautician said that oiling your hair everyday will way your hair down andto much conditioner will hurt your hair. She suggested that I sometimes use a leave in conditioner after every other wash instead of using a conditioner. Is she right because I thought it both helped your hair grow instead of hendering it's growth? I would like some suggestions please.

Thank you for your responses.

EssentialGrowth

Hmmm, that's quite interesting for your stylist to say this/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif. I would disagree with her.
Oils are used to seal in moisture so I don't know why she thinks it would clog the pores. Conditioning retains moisture, and depending on the ingredients of your conditioner, can strengthen the hair so it can only be beneficial.
I deep CO with every wash and oils are a staple in my regimine. I have only been able to gain length and strength from doing what your stylist is adamantly against.
I would say follow what your hair tells you. If you usually CO with every wash, use various oils on your scalp and hair, and have seen benefits, stick with it. You know your hair better than any stylist or professional that may suggest something contrary to what you do. That's my two cents on the matter. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jellynote

That's what I thought also. My hair has been doing so much better now that I wash it 2x a week and oil my hair everyday. I use co every time I wash my hair and I deep co 2x a month. Thanks EssentialGrowth! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif

EssentialGrowth

Your Welcome Jellynote! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

P.S. Have you considered changing stylists /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif? I don't think your current stylists knows what she is talking about /images/graemlins/naughty.gif . But, if she does do a good job with your hair, (and deep conditions when she washes your hair /images/graemlins/laugh.gif), then definitely stick with her. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Angelicus

Your hairdresser is trying to sabotage your hair /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I am one of those people that believes that a clean scalp equals more growth though. I co-wash daily and barely put stuff on my scalp with the exception of carrier & essential oil.

jellynote

Thanks EssentialGrowth and anky I don't go to her that often anymore because I started noticing some things like she can't believe that my hair has gotten as long as it has.I feel that she's trying to sabotage my hair also. I called my old stylist in the states and she said that what I was doing is good and that your suppose to put some type of oil on your hair everyday even if I use a curling iron or flat iron. I think I'm go back to doing my own hair. That's all I need to do is go to her and get my hair done before my hubby comes back from Iraq and she Fu..s my hair up then I'll be /images/graemlins/swearing.gif My hair is 3 1/2 inches from brastrap when it's wet and stretched and I be damned if I let her mess up all my hard work especially since my hubby hasn't seen my lenght yet. Thanks again ladies I'll just continue doing what has been working for my hair. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

keke

I'm glad this topic came up because i wasn't all that sure of how to moisten my hair when i wear it str8 w/o puttin a water based concoction on my hair which will make it shrink.