WIG CHALLENGE 2009

i'm so excited please count me in! i wore sew-ins for the last half of 2008 and now want to give things a break and switch it up for the new year. i have about 5 new wigs ready to rotate...i will post as i wear them. happy hair growing ladies :)

thanks sweetie :kiss4:! I went wig shopping today at Golden Beauty here and didn't find anything I really liked :sad: but wanted to ask you if you could give me recs for brands to try for comb free wigs w/the adjustable straps. I tried the combs today and they were killer. The construction of the wigs I saw made me a little afraid to remove the combs for fear of the entire wig coming undone.

I know what you mean those combs can be beastly sometimes. The one brand for sure that I know that doesn't have combs are the Freetress Equal Integration wigs and you can get those at Hairsisters.

I am so in .. I have been rocking wigs since Sept and plan to continue until I reach APL ... I am going to stock up on half-wigs tomorrow!

My regimen is:

• Sun - DC Organix Conditioner mixed with Avocado Oil
  • Tues - Co-Wash with some Cheapie
  • Thurs - DC w/ ORS Replenishing or Mayo
  • Clarify with baking soda as needed

After each wash I moisturize w/ Aubrey Organics HSR
Seal w/ Vatika Coconut oil or Avocado oil
Twist into a Bun and throw on a half wig !

Please count me in am already rocking one so will combine this challenge with 'DDC09' and get my hair game underneath more consistent, just to work out how to get these pics on

I'm in.... again. I'd stopped wearing my wigs for a while but realized last night that my other "protective" styles were actually damaging my nape. Wigs really helped me in '08 so I'm excited to start up again in '09.

thanks sweetie :kiss4:! I went wig shopping today at Golden Beauty here and didn't find anything I really liked :sad: but wanted to ask you if you could give me recs for brands to try for comb free wigs w/the adjustable straps. I tried the combs today and they were killer. The construction of the wigs I saw made me a little afraid to remove the combs for fear of the entire wig coming undone.

The Vanessa wigs I have don't have combs just the adjustable straps, they stay in place too.

Count me in!

I just dropped $100 on wigs from that Hairsisters Christmas sale, including an Omega part one.... I can't wait to see how much growth I get this year from wigging out!

I'm sick of those ashy looking buns. I want to rock some glam! :gorgeous:

Attention Wig Challengers!

Hairsisters.com is STILL running the sale on wigs, half wigs, and drawstring/half wig pieces, even though it was supposed to end the day after Christmas!

Savebeauty.com has some great wigs too for cheap, and $6 flat rate shipping. Sometimes they file stuff under wierd categories, though, so be sure to look under all the wig subcategories in order to see the full selection.

Now go stock up, y'all!

I got my LF wig today. :grin: I am so looking forward to not styling my hair everyday and most of all RETAINING all I grow this year! :yep::up:

Ladies, I am so excited:spinning: about this challenge cause its my very first one. I will be taking out my weave tommorrow and posting pics of my natural hair. I cant wait! :drunk:

Please add my name to the list.

I got a sew in yesterday and although I love the style, it is still kind of tight around the edges. I know i wouldnt have this problem if i was wearing one of my trusty half wigs. Once I take this out at the end of Jan, I will be wiggin' it up till Dec 2009!

Good luck to all.

I got a sew-in back in September. I just got a major cut - about 2-3 inches. Had to get rid of the last of the colored ends. I had my install redone at the beginning of this month.

So I think I will be doing a sew in challenge for 2009.

I've been on and off the wigs. But I still want to be a part of this challenge! I have to purchase more wigs soon (finances are a little stretched right now). Most of the wigs I have are ugly now. :grin: I need a nice APL wig and I'm looking for a nice short style as well.

I've been on and off the wigs. But I still want to be a part of this challenge! I have to purchase more wigs soon (finances are a little stretched right now). Most of the wigs I have are ugly now. :grin: I need a nice APL wig and I'm looking for a nice short style as well.

Hey Divine Favor!

Have you tried "fabric softener" to revive your wigs? :yep: Girl, I swear it really WORKS!

Just soak your old wigs in 1 part fabric softener and 1 part water (make sure the whole wig is submerged) and let it air dry complete before you comb.

For curly styles, I usually just shake afterwards and then just fluff the curls. For straight styles, you can now detangle (use a vent brush) from the ends to the roots.

I'm back!!!!:gorgeous: I just love half wigs and my upa clips!!!!:yep: I told my mom last night that I need to go back to my half wigs. I have a good bit of half wigs and phony ponytails. Everytime Hairsisters.com have a sale, I get a couple of half wigs. I also love wearing kinky twist but I get tired of them real fast. With wigs it's so many different styles to choose from.:look: Later on this week, I will update my Fotki. With my half wigs, phony ponytails and upa clips that I wore in 2008. They really helped me to retain my length, this year!!!!:weird:

I'm back!!!!:gorgeous: I just love half wigs and my upa clips!!!!:yep: I told my mom last night that I need to go back to my half wigs. I have a good bit of half wigs and phony ponytails. Everytime Hairsisters.com have a sale, I get a couple of half wigs. I also love wearing kinky twist but I get tired of them real fast. With wigs it's so many different styles to choose from.:look: Later on this week, I will update my Fotki. With my half wigs, phony ponytails and upa clips that I wore in 2008. They really helped me to retain my length, this year!!!!:weird:

Welcome back Gelati!:drunk:

This may seem like a silly question, but what is a "upa clip"?

Welcome back Gelati!:drunk:

This may seem like a silly question, but what is a "upa clip"?

It's not a silly question:grin: Remember one of the Members on here who has her own business called Laceflair.com, she sells the undetectable ponytail attachment(upa clip). I'm wearing one in my signature picture and in my avatar picture. Both pictures are the same upa clip hair. Worn two different ways and two different clips, the clips are interchangable too!:yep:HTH

Count me in!

I just dropped $100 on wigs from that Hairsisters Christmas sale, including an Omega part one.... I can't wait to see how much growth I get this year from wigging out!

I'm sick of those ashy looking buns. I want to rock some glam! :gorgeous:

Hey now!!! I got about 5 from HairSisters as well they had a great sale:drunk:!

Definitely count me in! Pretty Please...I'm wearing my wigs this year to grow out and get comfortable with my natural hair. Being able to take the wig off every day will help me embrace and learn what my natural hair likes so I can get better at styling it!

Let's do this ladies!

Absolutely:yep:, still in as I continue to transition; finding some great natural style wigs at the local BSS...always a great selection for me as most shoppers are snatching up the straight styles!!!

Definitely count me in! Pretty Please...I'm wearing my wigs this year to grow out and get comfortable with my natural hair. Being able to take the wig off every day will help me embrace and learn what my natural hair likes so I can get better at styling it!

Let's do this ladies!

Welcome MsBttrfly23! :yep:

I did the same thing and now I wear my natural hair out on the weekends!

Back