WIG CHALLENGE 2008

I don't know how to post a link, but I bumped the older 2007 thread.

Please post a link here, if you know how to. Thanks!

After reading the old thread I'm definitely in....this sounds awesome plus now I don't have to worry about my hair looking rough from all my gym visits...quick question though....what is the difference between a fall and a wig....?

I'm in! I'm still trying to decide how to wear my hair underneath though, my edges are too thin for cornrows. :ohwell:

Any ideas would be much appreciated! :grin:

I was in church on Sunday and my daughter said that she could see the net under my wig! You know, the part that covers your hair in the back? Yeah, that! Is there a way to wear the half wig where it doesn't show the wig cap underneath? I was "mortified, horrified...petrified (Russell Crowe, "A Beautiful Mind")"!

I was in church on Sunday and my daughter said that she could see the net under my wig! You know, the part that covers your hair in the back? Yeah, that! Is there a way to wear the half wig where it doesn't show the wig cap underneath? I was "mortified, horrified...petrified (Russell Crowe, "A Beautiful Mind")"!

Hi Bee,

Here a supportive:grouphug3: hug!

How did you secure your wig? did it slip?

l just secure mine with booby pins and always do a wig check from all angles before leaving the house.

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie with SL hair, but I would love to join the challenge.

Wigs are my protective style of choice anyway, because they are so low maintence, with a nice finish look.

Last edited:
I really want to join this challenge but I'm having wig trouble. I've tried on several different styles, but I feel like the wigs overpower my face, whether the style is short or long. I'm thinking about buying something that fits me best, then having a stylist thin it out.

I've been doing this since Sept 1, when I cut my hair really short. I will continue through the next year. I was, deep condish, and re flat twist my hair every 2 weeks and use a leave in for moisture.

I am soooo in! I just purchased 2 wigs/instant weaves and I am in love:love:! I went to the BSS to purchase one wig and ended up leaving with 2. I am soo tempted to buy a few more but I'm going to wait until Spring. Who knew wigs could look so real? They're also very comfortable. I got one long one (APL with long swoop bangs) and one short one (Neck length bob with swoop bangs).

Regimen while I'm wiggin' it:
-I plan to keep my hair in cornrows for 2 weeks at a time.
-Moisturize daily with braid spray.
-Wash and deep condition weekly.
-Take a 1 week break after taking out cornrows to give my hair a break. Also, during that break I will wash and deep condition every 3-4 days.

Last edited:
Today I had my hair cornrowed in a circle (as if I was getting a weave). I got the idea from Meganita, thanks :). No extension (kanakelon) was used. I plan on keeping them in for 10 weeks. I will continue to deep condition my hair once each week and all that good stuff. I'm still undecided if I'll post pics every quarter or wait until December 2008.

~Happy Hair Growing :).~

Hi Ladies!

I'm in! I bought my first wig this morning, it looks amazing. Im sooo pleased that I dont have to flat iron my hair all the time and I think I will corn row it and then wear a wig cap so it doesn't stress my edges.

What kind of wigs are you all purchasing? I got a aftress one from a bss for £24.99. I have restyled it a bit and moved the fring to the side. I love it. Everyone at work was like wow your hair looks amazing but one bold guy came up to my and had his hamnds up in it. I have never ever moved so fast!

Hi Ladies!

I'm in! I bought my first wig this morning, it looks amazing. Im sooo pleased that I dont have to flat iron my hair all the time and I think I will corn row it and then wear a wig cap so it doesn't stress my edges.

What kind of wigs are you all purchasing? I got a aftress one from a bss for £24.99. I have restyled it a bit and moved the fring to the side. I love it. Everyone at work was like wow your hair looks amazing but one bold guy came up to my and had his hamnds up in it. I have never ever moved so fast!

Sounds like you're having fun with yours! I am too :lol:! Since I've been home I've been trying different styles and adding accessories to see what would look best. I really, really like the wigs that I got. One of them I got was Sensastionnel (sp?) and I love it! I was doing a search online and they have sooo many different styles. I just ordered two online:look:. I'm pretty certain that they will look good on me. I can see how wiggin' it can be addictive. No more for me until the Spring. I really mean it this time:yawn:.

I am really considering this, especially since I recently had to cut off a nice little bit. I also plan on picking up my excercise this year and can't be worried about sweating/styling/sweating/styling.

I have wigged it before and experienced great growth. My question is how do you maintain your wig? I always found that the wig would get tangly/knarly looking after a couple weeks wear. I would take it off at night, and washed it weekly. Human hair wigs faired no better. So how do you keep your wig looking nice?

I have wigged it before and experienced great growth. My question is how do you maintain your wig? I always found that the wig would get tangly/knarly looking after a couple weeks wear. I would take it off at night, and washed it weekly. Human hair wigs faired no better. So how do you keep your wig looking nice?

I don't. I only buy synthetic for this exact reason. I wear my wigs 2 weeks at a time and then donate them to my sister (she likes "broken in" wigs).I just pay 19.99-24.99 ,wear it for 2 weeks and go get a new one...

Nixx I love my wig! Infact I just looked and saw that i am wearing a wig in my Avator - I'm not a massive fan of that one it was overpriced but still provided fun for a few weeks.

I can't wait to get more - I'm just looking online for new ones and think I will get a Cloud 9 Crystal.

I'm also going to get a few different coloured tracks when I go to the Bss and sew clips on them to add some colour and thickness to some of the plainer wigs that are on sale in the bss.

These are 2 wigs that I have been rocking lately...I just bought a curly 1/2 wig that I will post later...tell me what you think ladies!

SORRY THE PICS ARE SOOO BIG :perplexed

101_0719-vi.jpg

101_0732-vi.jpg

101_0834-vi.jpg

101_0839-vi.jpg

These are 2 wigs that I have been rocking lately...I just bought a curly 1/2 wig that I will post later...tell me what you think ladies!

SORRY THE PICS ARE SOOO BIG :perplexed

101_0719-vi.jpg

101_0732-vi.jpg

101_0834-vi.jpg

101_0839-vi.jpg

I like both of those wigs.
I think that I have the longer one.
It is good to see them on real people other than the models online if you can't get them from a BSS.
I'm off to get a couple more wigs.:ohwell:

Thanks NaturalgurlAZ!

The short one is by Motown Tress (It Tress) -- YoYo
The long one is by New Born Free -- Beyonce (I don't know why they called it Beyonce--I've never seen her rock a style like this! marketing gimick... I don't know LOL) I had to the cut the bangs on this one, they were stabbing me in the eyes!:spinning:

A Challenge I can joine this is too cool!!! I just BIG chopped! So I'll be hiding for a good minute under the Lace :grin:

Back