Why didn't ya'll warn me - near death experience - too much weave!

Oh naturaltobe i just checked out your fotki and I am HORRIFIED at your treebraid attempts :nono: I'm so sorry you had to go through that!

Nope, not at all. The twists did not unravel at all when wet. The hair is so curly that it twists around itself.

I love this style. I like it even more now that the twist seemed to drop. I'm definitely going to do this to my hair.

Did the twist start to unravel when wet?

I am pleased to report that my twists are still in, after 8 weeks. DH was convinced that I would never keep my hair in the same style for more than a couple of weeks.

I am taking them out this week though & doing a BKT. DH says that I should have it freshly done for the new year and HE also asked ME about doing a length check. He wants to see how much my hair grew in 2 months since I have been drinking chlorella since 10/14.:lachen:

Hi I really would love to see your hair up close. I am saw it on Youtube and I liked it enough to buy the hair which came today and the site forced me to buy four packs. But, I can't see the style well enough to make sure the desired result and I tried two strand twisting some of the hair but am not sure that's what I am going for. Do you have more pics or can you recall instructions on how to treat the hair or do the twist. Please? Thanks.

I just ordered Dred Spring hair. I risked my life with this much weave in my head last time but I spoke to my new braider and she assured me that she can do this style as individuals, not crochet braids, so it won't be as heavy. It will be the same density as my own hair instead of larger pieces crocheted into my hair.

I've been using Havana Hair for the last few months and it's amazingly light! It's much lighter than Marley hair and more fluffy. For a Havana twist style using Havana hair it takes just under 3 packs to make 33 - 37 twists. Using Marley hair requires 6 - 7 packs for the same look.

Thankfully, I've had no more near death experiences due to weave.

I've been using Havana Hair for the last few months and it's amazingly light! It's much lighter than Marley hair and more fluffy. For a Havana twist style using Havana hair it takes just under 3 packs to make 33 - 37 twists. Using Marley hair requires 6 - 7 packs for the same look. Thankfully, I've had no more near death experiences due to weave.
I agree. I have Havana twists in right now and they are extremely light. I ordered 6 packs and I only used 3. I did not even you use all from the third pack. Did you upload a video? I always like your styles.
naturalmanenyc

I agree. I have Havana twists in right now and they are extremely light. I ordered 6 packs and I only used 3. I did not even you use all from the third pack. Did you upload a video? I always like your styles.
naturalmanenyc

ronie

Thanks! I have some hair leftover from the 3 pack as well.:grin:

Yes, I made a video of my first Havana twist attempt here: http://youtu.be/mp5auzzT0P0

I plan to try them again on my own one day.

Back