Who's using Hair Vitamins??? What works really well

Are any of you ladies using hair vitamins , what kind and have u seen any growth from them? I'm currently taking 5mg of biotin and futurebiotics hair skin and nails vitamins. Has anyone tried these?

Biotin worked for me. It worked too well. This was back when my hair was relaxed and I got sick of having to retouch so often.

I hear GNC hair skin and nails is really great. I bought the hair vitamins from the be beautiful line at GNC, but I am only on the first bottle, so I have no idea if they are working or not.

Last edited:
I hear GNC hair skin and nails is really great. I bought the hair vitamins from the be beautiful line at GNC, but I am only on the first bottle, so I have not idea if they are working or not.

I Got my futurebiotics from GNC, but those other hair vitamins were a little too expensive for me. I went to Walmart and found a bottle of biotin for 3 dollars. The ones i got from GNC had less biotin than the walmart biotin and it costs more, but maybe it's because it has other vitamins in it also

I hear GNC hair skin and nails is really great. I bought the hair vitamins from the be beautiful line at GNC, but I am only on the first bottle, so I have no idea if they are working or not.

I second this. I use the one with 3000 mcg of Biotin. No face breakouts and my hair and nails are really growing. It took about a month before I noticed a difference. But BEWARE....they make ALL your hair grow....:perplexed

I second this. I use the one with 3000 mcg of Biotin. No face breakouts and my hair and nails are really growing. It took about a month before I noticed a difference. But BEWARE....they make ALL your hair grow....:perplexed

All of my hair? oh gosh.:ohwell: looks like i'l be doing a lot more shaving, especially since i'm a naturally hairy sista:lachen:

I finished a bottle of Vitabase Hair, skin, nails. It worked well on my hair and skin but nails were weaker than before I started taking it. I was interested in trying out the Purvana so I just started those.

I've been taking GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair since January 12th and just recently added an extra mg of biotin just to get rid of what I had left before they expiration date, but I think I'm gonna keep it up to see what kind of results I get.

I have been taking Maxi-Hair for over a year...I started noticing the extra growth after using it for about 3 months....I was having to retouch more often but now I am stretching 9-12 weeks but sometimes I have to relax a little earlier...

I get them from vitacost.com and I love them....

I am also taking Flaxseed,Borage and Omega Capsules and just started incorporating Alta Silica this month

I take Biotin along with a B-Complex. Started just this month. I noticed after only a week that my nails became stronger and one of my thumb nails that I had torn off just a few days ago is now repaired and healthy again! Seriously. I don't know what effect it's having on my hair at this point because it hasn't been quite a month yet, so we'll see. I only take 1000mg a day.

I take Biotin along with a B-Complex. Started just this month. I noticed after only a week that my nails became stronger and one of my thumb nails that I had torn off just a few days ago is now repaired and healthy again! Seriously. I don't know what effect it's having on my hair at this point because it hasn't been quite a month yet, so we'll see. I only take 1000mg a day.

Well it looks like u and i are in the same boat, I started this month also. But i take 5000mg and this vitamin from gnc called futurebiotics. Its a multi vitamin for hair skin and nails. My pic in my signature is my most recent pic so i will be postin another one in april or may so i can measure my growth. Keep me updated

:lachen::lachen:Im laughing because I know what you mean!!!!! I used to take 10mg a day and went down to 5mg for this reason...ugh!!

Well it looks like u and i are in the same boat, I started this month also. But i take 5000mg and this vitamin from gnc called futurebiotics. Its a multi vitamin for hair skin and nails. My pic in my signature is my most recent pic so i will be postin another one in april or may so i can measure my growth. Keep me updated

You know, I've noticed a lot of ladies here take the high dosage biotin supplements (5,000, 7500). I think I'll up my dosage to 5000 after my current bottle is done.

I take 5000 mcg of Biotin. As a previous poster said,it works too well! LOL! The new growth and shaving is crazy!

I take Be Beautiful GNC vitamins for hair, nails & skin. They're about $19 for a 2 month supply. They have 3000 mcg of Biotin in them. My nails are SUPER long after a month & a week...and stronger than ever before! And my hair breaks and sheds less and is growing really well!

I'm hearing so many great stories about vitamins, i cant wait till i see some results. I think i might notice a little growth in my nails already. idk,maybe i'm just so excited. lol:rolleyes:

I take 5mg of biotin, b complex, msm & vitamin C for growth. And garlic pills to stop shedding plus fish oil.

Last edited:
Excellent!! I've gained growth, thickness and shiny strands from Viviscal and Nioxin. I've also used Biotin and achieved the same results. Multi- Vitamin, B-complex, Vitamin C and NAC are also on my list.

Last edited:
I'm still taking my vitamins and i also decided that i will be wearing my hair in a donut for the next month and i will be baggying at night. i also decided not to put any heat on my hair except for when i sit under th dryer for dc. i KNOW i'm gonna see some kind of results now

I am currently trying our GNC UltraNourish Hair along with GNC Women's Ultra Mega (multivitamins). I am seeing an increase in shedding...wondering if I should be concerned??:perplexed

If I'm not mistaken, I think I am seeing more shedding with these vits then when I was taking Nioxin. I know shedding is supposed to mean old hair is making way for new hair....but I'm sure my shedding is a bit much than I'm used to seeing...:nono:

I have used and :love: Vitamins for the Hair from Puritan's Pride. I credit those vitamins, along with protective styling, with most of my growth. The baby boy I was nursing for 26 months while I took those vitamins has MBL hair now!!! I only weaned him a few months ago. He was getting all that nutrition from the vits and his hair is way longer than DD's was at that age.

Right now I'm taking gelatin, biotin, b-complex and my prenatals. Once I run out I'm just going to do the Mega Vitamins for the hair, gelatin and prenatals. Maybe I'll add that marine collagen too.

People sleep on hair vitamins too much :imo: In every random hair thoughts thread there is someone talking smack about vitamins, but the proof is in the pudding.

i take both GNC hair and nail vitamin as well as biotin. they are working pretty good for me. Lots of new growth havent gotten a touch up since i started so i dont know how much yet.

I use biotin and Nioxin hair vitamins. They work really well. They biotin has my nails and hair growing like crazy.

I am currently trying our GNC UltraNourish Hair along with GNC Women's Ultra Mega (multivitamins). I am seeing an increase in shedding...wondering if I should be concerned??:perplexed

If I'm not mistaken, I think I am seeing more shedding with these vits then when I was taking Nioxin. I know shedding is supposed to mean old hair is making way for new hair....but I'm sure my shedding is a bit much than I'm used to seeing...:nono:

Maybe you should just switch to biotin and take ur multi vitamin. I've never heard of vitamins causing shedding.:nono: Maybe its something in that vitamin that ur body just doesn't like. I heard garlic pills help shedding.

Back