WHOOHOO..I made it to 6 months

Faith

I didn't think I could do it. The last time I tried to sort of transition I chickened out because of all the breakage and gave up after 18 weeks. I'm at 24 weeks...whoohoo :dance: I think I am able to do it this time because I found great products and I have changed my mindset and have committed to seeing this through.

I'm currently sporting cornrows...my hair grows really well in them. And because I'm working out every day now my hair has been growing slightly faster (well in the back...as usual).

I'm going to continue doing the 1.5-2" chops...my next one will be Dec 1st. I'll probably take 2" off depending on how the ends look. I'm loving the blunt, thick look so I'll try and keep it as I transition.

Side note:
Also I purchased QB heavy cream and the sidr. So far I will have to say I prefer the sidr. Granted I have only used it between my parts BUT the heavy cream is a bit sticky while the sidr is smooth to the touch. Don't get me wrong...it's very moisturizing. I guess I'll know for sure next week when I redo my cornrows.

Anyways thanks for reading this...6 more months here I come... :)

P.S. Any other transitioner around the 6 month mark? How is it going. Tiffcurl...what's up? Long time no PMs. I've been all about work for months now...

:)

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!! Keep hanging in there!!!

(OT- Re: your request, I haven't forgotten about you! Things have been so busy lately:()

Faith said:
I didn't think I could do it. The last time I tried to sort of transition I chickened out because of all the breakage and gave up after 18 weeks. I'm at 24 weeks...whoohoo :dance: I think I am able to do it this time because I found great products and I have changed my mindset and have committed to seeing this through.

I'm currently sporting cornrows...my hair grows really well in them. And because I'm working out every day now my hair has been growing slightly faster (well in the back...as usual).

I'm going to continue doing the 1.5-2" chops...my next one will be Dec 1st. I'll probably take 2" off depending on how the ends look. I'm loving the blunt, thick look so I'll try and keep it as I transition.

Side note:
Also I purchased QB heavy cream and the sidr. So far I will have to say I prefer the sidr. Granted I have only used it between my parts BUT the heavy cream is a bit sticky while the sidr is smooth to the touch. Don't get me wrong...it's very moisturizing. I guess I'll know for sure next week when I redo my cornrows.

P.S. Any other transitioner around the 6 month mark? How is it going. Tiffcurl...what's up? Long time no PMs. I've been all about work for months now...

Congrats on making it to the 6 month mark, you're almost there-don't give up! :D........... I'm at 4 months 2 weeks! What's your general hair type and what products have you found to make things easier for you?
I'm a mixture of 3c,4ab mostly (4a) and I have found that BBD stretch is great during transition, I think it's the reason I haven't been having breakage. Also I like Fantasia IC gels and my most recent find, the denman brush, has been working wonders for my newgrowth.:)

Hi Faith! I have also made it to 6 months!!! I have attempted to transition a few times before but this is by far the longest I have gone. I am so happy because I know that if I can make it for 6 months then I can complete my transition. Congrats on your accomplishment!!! :)

I remember when you started transitioning again. Wow, 6 months went by already?!! Congratulatons!!

so1913 said:
Congratulations!!!! Keep hanging in there!!!

(OT- Re: your request, I haven't forgotten about you! Things have been so busy lately:()

Thanks babe...and no I didn't think you forgot about me. Whenever you can is fine :)

amr501 said:
Congrats on making it to the 6 month mark, you're almost there-don't give up! :D........... I'm at 4 months 2 weeks! What's your general hair type and what products have you found to make things easier for you?
I'm a mixture of 3c,4ab mostly (4a) and I have found that BBD stretch is great during transition, I think it's the reason I haven't been having breakage. Also I like Fantasia IC gels and my most recent find, the denman brush, has been working wonders for my newgrowth.:)
My hair type is 4b/a and DRY.
The products I have found that work great with my hair are:
Shampoo: Vitale L&B (it's the neutralizer but my hair loves it)
Conditioner: AO Honeysuckle Rose (love this)
AO ultra smoothing
Motions Silk Protein (love this...great slip afterwards)
Motions moisturizing conditioner
Leave in: Giovanni vitapro fusion

For a daily moisturizer I like BB lotion BUT the softness doesn't last so I got QB heavy cream and sidr...so far I will say I prefer the sidr (especially if you're wearing your hair out, if I pressed it and was wearing it down I would go with sidr).

HTH :)

Thanks MissPriss08, yeah..sometimes it takes a few attempts to stick. Glad you finally went for it.

Isis, I know I am as suprised as you that it's already 6 months...wow. I guess since work has been so busy and I haven't had much time to come online/focus on my hair the time has flown by. I can't wait till I'm back around your length and all natural :)

Thanks Dahomey Ahosi :)

Faith said:

CONGRATS!!

I think you're well on your way too and you're sooo right about finding the right products and techniques :D

I'm really happy for you...keep it up!

Thanks stilettos :)

LynnieB said:

CONGRATS!!

I think you're well on your way too and you're sooo right about finding the right products and techniques :D
I'm really happy for you...keep it up!

Faith said:

girl, i'm getting ready to go into my 11th month transitioning into nappyheaven LOL.

so i tell ya, i really know how good it feels when you've got your regimen down pat.

things didn't start really getting good for me until month 9 and this month.

it's all about product, technique and patience :D

so WOOHOO for you!!

Thanks divinefavor :)

LynnieB said:
girl, i'm getting ready to go into my 11th month transitioning into nappyheaven LOL.

so i tell ya, i really know how good it feels when you've got your regimen down pat.

things didn't start really getting good for me until month 9 and this month.

it's all about product, technique and patience :D

so WOOHOO for you!!
The first time I went natural I did the BC...was left with 1/2" of hair and I'm itching right now to do it again..a BC BUT I know it was traumatic the first time and that time I was about 19" from hairline back so it'll be much worse now (I'm about 25" from hairline back). I keep having to talk myself out of doing it...lol.

What products are you using? How fast does your hair grow?

Adding to my product list before I forgot to add Kenra MC and Emollient. Both have been very good to me.

Congratulations!!!! Hang in there, I'm a little over 5 months into transitioning myself and understand what it feels like as you make it from one month to the next!

:bud:

Faith said:
Thanks divinefavor :)

The first time I went natural I did the BC...was left with 1/2" of hair and I'm itching right now to do it again..a BC BUT I know it was traumatic the first time and that time I was about 19" from hairline back so it'll be much worse now (I'm about 25" from hairline back). I keep having to talk myself out of doing it...lol.

What products are you using? How fast does your hair grow?

Adding to my product list before I forgot to add Kenra MC and Emollient. Both have been very good to me.
i have nothing but respect and love for those that go ahead and BC and be done with it. that's definitely talkin the talk and walkin the walk in my eyes!!

i'm such a big arse chickenhead......i KNOW i'll have issues beforehand so i won't even consider it. my other problem is wherever i had the bald patches from the alopecia (3 of 'em), the hair texture is a bit different than the rest of my head and only about 3 inches long :S

i luv aubrey's too Faith - it's sooo moisturizing. i use their gbp, honeysuckle rose poo and condish at every wash, elasta qp H2O as a leave-in and shea butter or an oil to seal.

i wash once a week and my main (fallback) style is braidouts (atm).
i saw some rocking flattwists on np the other day and am really thinking about doing some of those in the front w/braidout in the back.

sometimes i'll flatiron every once in a while but find that i prefer to have some texture to my hair and wind up washing it out after 2-3 days ;) i luved doing rollersets too but not as an every single day hairdo.

not sure how fast my hair grows......during fall/winter it has slowed down some. hmmmm......maybe 1/2" per month? best growing is usually inthe summer i noticed.

not really sure of hair type, i just got a new digital camera yesterday and threw some wash day pictures in this websites photo gallery. it doesn't really fit into any one category or at least none that i recognize immediately.

just want to keep things as simple as possible, so far so good.

take your time deciding whether you BC or not this time around. do what's right for you and what you're most comfy with this time 'round :)

Thanks Angelita :)

LynnieB said:
i luv aubrey's too Faith - it's sooo moisturizing. i use their gbp, honeysuckle rose poo and condish at every wash, elasta qp H2O as a leave-in and shea butter or an oil to seal.
I was very disappointed with my AO honeysuckle yesterday. I washed with Vitale shampoo and my hair was soft and shiney. I should have left it there BUT then I did an Emergencee treatment followed by another shampoo and then the AO and my hair was all knots and stuck together. I had to grab my trusty Motions Silk Protein...and then most of the knots came out.

not sure how fast my hair grows......during fall/winter it has slowed down some. hmmmm......maybe 1/2" per month? best growing is usually inthe summer i noticed.
My hair grows faster from Nov to about May plus when I work out which I have been doing for 1 month straight now. So I'm expecting big things come May...lol.

not really sure of hair type, i just got a new digital camera yesterday and threw some wash day pictures in this websites photo gallery. it doesn't really fit into any one category or at least none that i recognize immediately.
Link me to them...

just want to keep things as simple as possible, so far so good.
That's my motto too. I noticed if it gets too complicated I lose interest.

take your time deciding whether you BC or not this time around. do what's right for you and what you're most comfy with this time 'round :)
I did a chop. Not all gone but most of it.

Back