Who Skips Deep Conditioning?

I must be the only person that doesn't mind hopping in and out of the shower during a DC session. It doesn't bother me at all, especially during the summer.

I don't mind either. But now that I have a small child at home, it's more difficult to hop in and out of the shower without being distracted by the needs of my family. I carve out time for myself every week, but once my son sees me, he thinks it "go time!" LOL

My hair always punishes me when I don't DC. LOL I have to at least once a week or my hair is completely unmanageable. I prepoo and keep the shampoo concentrated to my scalp but my hair still needs a DC, even if its 10 minutes. I rarely wash my hair in the shower so its a bit easier for me. I can't deal with the in and out, back and forth and dry skin as a result of that - especially since I shower earlier in the day already.

havilland said:
I don't mind either. But now that I have a small child at home, it's more difficult to hop in and out of the shower without being distracted by the needs of my family. I carve out time for myself every week, but once my son sees me, he thinks it "go time!" LOL

That's what happened to me. I now have a 2 year old son. If I hop out, I may never make it back in. Lol

I was just in another thread talking about my regimen. I got my hair analysis back and my hair is in great condition. The first time I took the analysis my hair was heat and relaxer damaged and the elasticity was poor. I have been washing my hair every other day and using Dominican rinses and hey...........it must be all good cause my hair is loving it! I can count the number of deep conditions I have done on one hand. Actually I didn't avoid deep conditions from reading what people had to say, mine was out of laziness. I didn't wanna step out the shower, dry off, sit under the dryer then get back in the shower. Too much work!

I can skip deep conditioning and often do. For me it doesn't make a difference with regards to retaining length but it definitely helps with manageability. I don't believe in deep conditioning for and extended period of time. Its too much hassle to be jumping in and out of the bathroom. however long it takes for me to wash my body is how long i deep condition.

Yea.... No this doesn't apply anymore. I deep condition regularly. But I dont Wash my hair even a fraction often as I used to.

I used to DC for 30-60, minutes even overnighted a few times, now since I prepoo my hair and oil rinse it, My hair doesn't seem to need it. Now I DC for only 20-30 minutes max. My haIr s still very soft and manageable with less time as a result. Keeping it simple now.

Deep conditioning definitely makes a difference in manageability when it comes to my hair. I wouldn't say that it provides lasting moisture/softness on its own (my leave-ins do that), but it helps minimize breakage on wash day by making my hair 'behave'. I don't skip this step. If I don't have time to DC, I won't wash my hair.

I've been skipping for the past few months, but I'm getting back into it this weekend. I like DIY DCs, but I also like Devacurl's Heaven In Hair mixed w/coconut milk and black strap molasses.

Heat/steam deep conditioning is vital for my hair because that is the only time my low porosity hair will readily accept moisture. I make sure to DC after every wash (2x a week).

I've tried skipping DC but my hair always ends up getting dry faster throughout the week. For me, keeping conditioner on my hair for 30 minutes with heat is enough. I used to DC for long times but I feel like I get the same benefits with a 30 minute DC.

I sleep in my conditioner (my hair is moist, not wet) and wake up the next morning and shampoo (if needed), use a moisturizing conditioner for a few minutes and rinse. I always use a leave in conditioner.

Deep conditioning overnight is the only thing that lets me see true "slip" and detangling.

Last night I went to sleep after putting coconut oil on my dry ends, and this morning, my ends looked so straight and pretty! I believe in oil rinses, deep conditioning, and treating the hair like silk.

I used to DIY DC but I haven't in about a year. I bought some stuff from Bekura during Black Friday and will try it out before Christmas when I take down my twists.

Right now, I don't think that moisture retention is a problem, but I'm hoping that by using the DC it will prove me wrong.

I apply my dc in the shower after shampooing. Then I rinse it right before I get out. Sometimes I use a plastic cap, sometimes I don't. I feel like my products work within the first few minutes anyway.

In use conditioner after every wash. But it is usually on my head for about 5 minutes while I finish my shower. I can't remember the last time I used a conditioner that requires being left on for 20 minutes or more. I don't have the patience. My hair is doing well.

I do something similar but I skip conditioning and go straight to the deep conditioner. Nowadays it seems like regular conditioner is a waste of time.

Back