Who said to use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion on your hair?

Ok, so I washed my hair. I decided to the VICL. My hair felt a little rough as I was applying, so I knew that if this stuff was gonna work that it had it's work cut out for it tonight. :lachen:

Now, I am like 10 months post and basically my NG doesn't like me. We have had beef since like month 4. This was the only thing I put on my extra picky hair. I let my 4a/4b hair airdry in plaits. I knew there was something going on when I could actually get a comb through it. I was like "huh?":ohwell: Then as I was braiding down, I felt the silkiness and moisture all the way down to the ENDS!!! I mean, it was SILKY. That's when I was like "Yeaaaaaahh Boooooy!!!":yep:

My hair is about 98% dry and Oh my goodness.....I don't believe it. My ends.....my always wanna be dry ends are so moist, and NOT GREASY!!! That NEVER happens to me. Maybe with my profective break-free and some Vaseline in a baggy, but not with something so light and so cheap :grin:

So here is my review:

-It's very moisturizing
-Gave enough slip to detangle my almost 10 months worth of NG
-It's light
-It's not greasy
-Left my extra resistant hair soft even in Iraq

BEAUTIFUL JOB LADIES!!!!:drunk:

I am very happy for you. :yep:

And you can bet that will probably NEVER be discontinued. :lachen:

Okay...I gotta get some on this. I want some moisture too

Okaaay? :) I cant wait to try this....but I have to wait till this weekend because I cant put any products on my hair right now since Im about to flat iron it tomorrow for my graduation. I want swingy hair....:rolleyes:

Okaaay? :) I cant wait to try this....but I have to wait till this weekend because I cant put any products on my hair right now since Im about to flat iron it tomorrow for my graduation. I want swingy hair....:rolleyes:

I gotta run out to get some coconut oil. I am going to see if I can find a tube of it at CVS.

Hey, do you ladies think this would be safe to use as a leave-in even if I plan to flat-iron? Of course I would use an actual serum also, but I just wanna make sure I won't fry my hair or anything.

Hey, do you ladies think this would be safe to use as a leave-in even if I plan to flat-iron? Of course I would use an actual serum also, but I just wanna make sure I won't fry my hair or anything.

I don't think it should be a problem as long as your hair is completely dry before you start.

I used the lotion last night and I actually used it as my leave in conditioner mixed with a little balsam hair conditioner. I fingercombed, plaited and then put on my silk scarf and went to bed. Well this morning when I took down my hair, it was sooooo soft and moisturized. My ends are soooo moisturized. I added more to my hair and then put in a bun.

I have to admit that I didn't use the VICL, I used St. Ives 24-Hour Moisturising lotion. They also have a Whipped Silk Protein lotion by St. Ives, but I couldn't find that. Whoever made this recommendation, I want to say thank you. My hair is very nice to the touch.

I used the lotion last night and I actually used it as my leave in conditioner mixed with a little balsam hair conditioner. I fingercombed, plaited and then put on my silk scarf and went to bed. Well this morning when I took down my hair, it was sooooo soft and moisturized. My ends are soooo moisturized. I added more to my hair and then put in a bun.

I have to admit that I didn't use the VICL, I used St. Ives 24-Hour Moisturising lotion. They also have a Whipped Silk Protein lotion by St. Ives, but I couldn't find that. Whoever made this recommendation, I want to say thank you. My hair is very nice to the touch.

I use St. Ives too (on my skin). I didn't use it on my hair though. I went to the drug store last night to look at the new Vaseline line.

OMG...they have totally revamped their line and I don't use the VICL anymore. mean I think it's done with.

But they have made great improvements with the following:

I used the Total Moisture but I saw many other kinds. I bet they have no idea they ought to market this for our hair. :grin:

If you click on the links each kinds tells you what ingredients are in the lotion. This is the best thing EVER (moisturizer) for MY hair. :yep:

Total Moisture Intensive Rescue Range Cocoa Butter Range Aloe Fresh Daily Skin Shield Renewal Healthy Hand & Nail Healthy Body Glow Firming Petroleum Jelly

OMGoodness!!!!!! I flatironed last night and used this as a leave-in then I flatironed with a little IC hair polisher. It is no soft, shiny, bouncy, light and NON-GREASY!!!!! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!!! My hair is still moist down to the ends!!!!! I have NEVER had results like that. This is definitely a keeper!!!!!

OMGoodness!!!!!! I flatironed last night and used this as a leave-in then I flatironed with a little IC hair polisher. It is no soft, shiny, bouncy, light and NON-GREASY!!!!! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!!! My hair is still moist down to the ends!!!!! I have NEVER had results like that. This is definitely a keeper!!!!!

See and you were sooo skeptical! You know we definitely need some moisture especially in these dry and hot(well not so hot now) middle eastern countries!!

See and you were sooo skeptical! You know we definitely need some moisture especially in these dry and hot(well not so hot now) middle eastern countries!!

I know...I know.....but I gotta be skeptical when it comes to my tresses. I still love ya'll though!!!!

After trying SOOOOOO many things, spending SOOOOOO much money on products, I am finding that the ones that are the cheapest are the best. I will try this tonight.

The only other product that has worked is Kid's Organic Shea Butter Detangling and Moisturizing Lotion. It's a little too watery for me, so I'm looking for something else.

Both products are inexpensive. Both are working for others...

I hope it works for me...

Thanks, Adequate!

After trying SOOOOOO many things, spending SOOOOOO much money on products, I am finding that the ones that are the cheapest are the best. I will try this tonight.

The only other product that has worked is Kid's Organic Shea Butter Detangling and Moisturizing Lotion. It's a little too watery for me, so I'm looking for something else.

Both products are inexpensive. Both are working for others...

I hope it works for me...

Thanks, Adequate!

You're welcome. :)

I would thank whoever originally through the idea out there but I don't remember. :ohwell:

I just know I tried it and it was great!

I just had to share this little thing. I was at my MIL house and we stayed overnight. I realized the next day that I didn't have my hair products with me (duh) so, I looked at what she had. She had some Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion and some Johnson and Johnson Baby Oil Gel (chamomile I think) anyways, I used some in my hair...first the lotion, then the oil gel to seal....MY HAIR WAS THE SOFTEST EVER, and this was after all day working and being in the cold. I couldn't believe it. :blush:

I went and purchased some for myself, just to see if it would do it again and VOILA...my hair is curlier, softer, more moisterized than ever before....I'm thrilled to say the least because its so not easy to find a leave in that keeps your hair moisterized throughout the day without drying out by the end of the day and then you have to re-moisterize. I think I have found my perfect match!:yep:

ok...I am sitting with a cap on my head as we speak...(DC day) but IF this is the answer from my 3c curl mositure issue....I will love you guys forever...

will update with details...

what do you guys think abou coco butter (the one in the jar)

ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon mainly because I have to find something cheaper to use on my daughter's hair-been using the Afro detangler(while it works well, it's expensive!). I'm in braids right now so won't have an update till I take them down:ohwell: My fingers are crossed though!

ok...I am sitting with a cap on my head as we speak...(DC day) but IF this is the answer from my 3c curl mositure issue....I will love you guys forever...

will update with details...

what do you guys think abou coco butter (the one in the jar)

I can't wait to read your update! :grin:

Thanks...I looked for this yesterday and this was not the one that they were selling. Just wanted to confirm.

ok so I just used the coca butter, and I cant believe how soft my hair feels!!!

My curls pop a little more, and my hair is softer. It doesnt have that "sucking" feeling that I usually do when I try to moisturize my hair...I can actually run my fingers through it and it feels great.... I LOVE YOU GUYS... 3C LADIES PAY ATTENTION.....this really does work!!!!!!

:yay::weird::rofl::trampolin

Okay, I thought this was crazy but what the heck. I went to Walmart and purchased Jergens Shea Butter Creme. It has Shea and Mango Butter. It's a bit thick so I use a little water or IC Serum or Silicon Mix to soften it up. I love this! My hair feels great - very soft. Downside - it does have a few "bens" and mineral oil. However my hair doesn't have a problem with it.

INGREDIENTS: WATER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, CETEARETH-20, ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE, STEARIC ACID, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE, DIMETHICONE, CETYL ESTERS, MINERAL OIL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, FRAGRANCE, CARBOMER, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN.

ok here is my review i just removed my braids and a few days ago i moisturised with scurl but had to re apply suring the course of the day anyhoo i bought johnsons baby naturals intense moisture cream and after doing the heavy aphogee and dcing i moisturised with this sealed with a mixture of wgo and castor oil and rollerset my hair, it has been soft, smooth and moisturised all day and its really cold over here and internal heating as well but i havent had to re apply at all...this is a keeper me thinks :yep:

ok here is my review i just removed my braids and a few days ago i moisturised with scurl but had to re apply suring the course of the day anyhoo i bought johnsons baby naturals intense moisture cream and after doing the heavy aphogee and dcing i moisturised with this sealed with a mixture of wgo and castor oil and rollerset my hair, it has been soft, smooth and moisturised all day and its really cold over here and internal heating as well but i havent had to re apply at all...this is a keeper me thinks :yep:

cute. :grin:

I dont know about this one yall! If I hadn't found my beloved Nexxus Humectress :drool:, Id try it, but the nexxus is doin great. Keep us updated! :grin:

Ya'll, I am so impressed... I flat ironed my hair the other day and used this as my leave in while I air dried, then I put a little IC hair polisher (clear) on after I dried. When I flatironed....*crying and sniffling* when I flatironed....it was so beautiful. Shiny, moist, bouncy all the way down to the ends.... This is definitely a staple for me.

I was JUST thinking about how the leave-ins I have are fine for when I want to bun, but waaaaay too heavy when I want to flatiron. Thank you OP for sharing this!!!!

I've been using the Vasaline Total Moisture for a week now and it has been great! My ends are loving this. It's amazing how a product that's not made for hair does a better job at moisturizing than a lot of hair moisturizers. What's up with that??:look:

I've been using the Vasaline Total Moisture for a week now and it has been great! My ends are loving this. It's amazing how a product that's not made for hair does a better job at moisturizing than a lot of hair moisturizers. What's up with that??:look:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.... PLUS it's a WHOLE LOT cheaper. I think I've been hoodwinked.:look:

Back