Who Relaxes straight/bone straight?

SilverSurfer

I know there are a lot of naturals and texlaxers on here but I wanted to know of the one s who relax their hair straight/bone straight. IF you relax your hair pretty straight, how often do you relax and do you feel your hair is healthy?

I relax my hair straight. I do it every 14-16weeks. My hair is very healthy and I love the way it looks, but i now also realize that maybe relaxing it that straight maybe isnt the best thing to do, so I will either stretch longer or not relax it totally straight anymore.

I relax bone straight. I am able to manage my hair better and it buys me more time between relaxers so I am not relaxing as often (12-14 weeks).

My hair is natural now, but I used to relax it bone straight every 8-10 weeks. My hair was in great condition. If I were to ever relax my hair again, I would want it bone straight.

Before I started transitioning, I relaxed bone straight and got it done every 8-10 weeks. At times my old stylist would make me stretch (unknowingly) when I was trying to get a relaxer at 8 weeks. She would tell me that she wouldn't relax me for another 4 weeks. My hair was very healthy.

What is relaxing "Bone straight"?? Does that mean you use a super strength relaxer??

Or, does that mean you leave the relaxer in longer than usual?? What does it mean? Because I assume that if some ladies are going to the hair salon to get their touch-ups, I would think that their stylist would automatically relax their hair "bone" straight (unless specified otherwise).

I relax BONE STRAIGHT....I relax every 9 weeks...I cannot go long between relaxers because my hair is so fine and thin that the two textures are fighting each other..:lachen: I think if my hair was thicker I would be able to stretch better. Two months of newgroth is all my head can tolerate w/out major breakage!!:yep:

I know there are a lot of naturals and texlaxers on here but I wanted to know of the one s who relax their hair straight/bone straight. IF you relax your hair pretty straight, how often do you relax and do you feel your hair is healthy?
I relax bone straight
I relax every 2 1/2 to 3 mos
My hair is very healthy due to the fact that I:
build it up w/protein & henna..currently the only heat I use is for DCing/roller sets and I've been wearing protective styles for about a year..I moisturze everyday-sometimes 2x a day..also I do dusting trims w/every relaxer (hopefully with the new year I can decrease to trimming w/every other relaxer-I'm addicted)

I think that when I do relax, I will relax bone straight, only because my stretches are so long. If I were relaxing more frequently, then I wouldn't. But relaxing bone straight twice a year--which is what I plan to do--shouldn't do that much damage. I guess the key is to make sure that your hair isn't breaking or damaged. Like someone said, build it up with protein a week or two prior to relaxing and keep the NG moisturized.

Relaxing straight is what allows me to airdry my rollersets :yep:
It's not bone straight though b/c I still have a little way after washing.

And I'm a old-school touch up girl: 6-8weeks, but I think it's the type of relaxer I use that saves my hair. I use Soft & Beautiful Botanicals and it is so gentle on my hair...I love it!

Bone strait here too. Before I found this board in Oct., I was retouching and trimming every 4 weeks (lowering head in shame) but I know better now, I even own products (trying out Keracare), and I'm learning how to take care of my hair. I'm surprised I still have hair on my head!

I relax bone straight every 8 weeks. My hair is doing very well. Deep conditioning and daily moisturizing is key! Oh and a satin scarf everynight. Just minimize breakage and dryness and your good.

Oh and do not use listerine as a relaxer base!!!:lachen:

I relax bone straight. I don't think my hair is healthy right now, but it's not because I relax bone straight. I have a lot of extremely overprocessed hair (from relaxing the length and not just the new growth :wallbash:). Other than that I feel that the hair that's been growing over the past year (since finding LHCF and a stylist interested in healthy hair care) is pretty healthy. Relaxing bone straight allows me to airdry my hair and have it turn out as if I used a flat iron. Then I can just pincurl my hair and it looks like I used heat to achieve a great look. I try to relax 4 times a year, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I happily relax bone straight. The texlax/underprocessed thing is not for me. My hair is pretty healthy & still growing.

My hair is relaxed bone straight. I relaxed every 6 weeks until earlier this year. My last 2 touch-ups were at 14 weeks and 10 weeks (I would have waited longer, but I was in my friend's wedding). Right now I'm 7 1/2 weeks post.

I feel that my hair is healthy. I use a moisturizing shampoo, deep condition, wrap my hair in a silk scarf at night, and moisturize daily.

I prefer to relax bone straight and relax every 8 weeks. Depending on the amount of new growth, I'll even do it at 6 weeks.

I believe my hair is in good condition:D

My hair is in good condition, healthy, growing and retaining length and I relax straight
Im a all nothing kinda gal so if I wanted texture i'd go back natural
Ive been natural and relaxed on and off(a creature of change)
Now im enjoying my relaxer kick

My hair is in good condition, healthy, growing and retaining length and I relax straight
Im a all nothing kinda gal so if I wanted texture i'd go back natural
Ive been natural and relaxed on and off(a creature of change)
Now im enjoying my relaxer kick

Very much agree with that.

I relax staright and am very pleased with my hair. i THOUGHT I was relaxing straight before but ive finally found a relaxer that delivers silky straight results in under 15 mins.

My hair does well when its processed correctly.

I use to do it this way. I think this is why my hair was so thin...so now i texlax. I had great doobies when i was bone straight

I do I do I do!!!!! Yes it is healythy and I intend to keep it that way I don't know how often I perm it because I just permed it for the first time in 2 years! I'm going to shoot for 2 months but if I can only 6 weeks I will not be ashamed!

I would LOVE to transition to straight but I'm afraid I will overprocess my hair in the process.... I'm kinda slow while applying the relaxer.
Do any of you ladies apply their own relaxer or do you use a stylist???

I would LOVE to transition to straight but I'm afraid I will overprocess my hair in the process.... I'm kinda slow while applying the relaxer.
Myself I have always done it that way..too scared to go to a salon:nono:

I think the key to preventing being overprocessed is to protect your prev. relaxed hair. My hair was the longest when I was relaxed straight:perplexed

Back