Which Oils Work the Best on Your Tresses?????

Re: Which Oils Work the Best on Your Tresses?????

kemi oyl and evoo mixed works great for me. the 2 alone also are good. i also use hot 6.

Keracare Essential Oils. It is a combination of Sunflower, Peanut,Coconut, Jojoba, Sesame, Aloe Vera, Almond, and Olive Oils. It smells heavenly.

My hair has always responed better to oils. For now I either use Organics Carrot Tea-Tree Oil or Wonder 8 in the spray bottle. But I would like to try a mixture of Peanut Oil & Olive Oil to see how it does, seeing peanut oil has been getting such rave reviews.

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Sherrylove - how do you use your oils?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairlove---I use my oil formulation to oil my ends every night, then I cover the ends with a plastic bag. This helps to lock the moisturize in like crazy....

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you got me.
cool.gif
How do you cover your ends only w/the plastic bag? Give me the full story.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Sherrylove - how do you use your oils?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairlove---I use my oil formulation to oil my ends every night, then I cover the ends with a plastic bag. This helps to lock the moisturize in like crazy....

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you got me.
cool.gif
How do you cover your ends only w/the plastic bag? Give me the full story.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Sengschick::::I knew it sounded a bit strange....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At night before going to bed,,,I comb my hair neatly into a ponytail....I apply a light to a moderate amount of oil to my ends, the length of my ponytail, and the sides of my hair....I then insert the full length of my ponytail into a plastic conditioning cap and then wrap the cap in a circular motion around the length of the ponytail until I cannot wrap it anymore. Now the cap is clearly securing the full ponytail...I then secure the cap around the ponytail with two ponytail holders.....I then tie a large silk around the rest of my head and go to bed. When I take my hair out in the morning, it is so soft and moisturized...Unbelievable....I hope this makes sense to you.

I mix WGO, EVOO, Safflower, Peppermint oil, and Jojoba.
I use Coconut oil for my hot oil treatments.

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At night before going to bed,,,I comb my hair neatly into a ponytail....I apply a light to a moderate amount of oil to my ends, the length of my ponytail, and the sides of my hair....I then insert the full length of my ponytail into a plastic conditioning cap and then wrap the cap in a circular motion around the length of the ponytail until I cannot wrap it anymore. Now the cap is clearly securing the full ponytail...I then secure the cap around the ponytail with two ponytail holders.....I then tie a large silk around the rest of my head and go to bed. When I take my hair out in the morning, it is so soft and moisturized...Unbelievable....I hope this makes sense to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sherry!!! I've read it 3 times now.
laugh.gif
I think I've got the concept, but I have one last question. Do you let the ponytail hang w/baggie attached or you wrap the length around the base, making more of a bun?

I see why this would work so well. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make this work in my life.....
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
I think I've got the concept, but I have one last question. Do you let the ponytail hang w/baggie attached or you wrap the length around the base, making more of a bun?

I see why this would work so well. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make this work in my life.....
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i let the ponytail hang......
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]i am thinking, sengschick, that you can oil your hair and sleep with a conditioning cap covering your whole head. I find the plastic cap helps the hair to capture moisture after it has been oiled......it's the same concept of the baggie method....My sister oils her hair, then covers her whole head with a plastic cap and then secures it with a silk scarf. It may sound like a lot, but her hair always looks fresh and moisturized in the a.m...........

M'kay, thanks. That's what I thought. Beautiful hair is not for the lazy!
wink.gif
My S/O is going to think I've lost my mind!
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]i am thinking, sengschick, that you can oil your hair and sleep with a conditioning cap covering your whole head. I find the plastic cap helps the hair to capture moisture after it has been oiled......it's the same concept of the baggie method....My sister oils her hair, then covers her whole head with a plastic cap and then secures it with a silk scarf. It may sound like a lot, but her hair always looks fresh and moisturized in the a.m...........

[/ QUOTE ]
This is interesting. I would like to try this for my ends. SherryLove, wouldn't wearing a plastic cap over the oiled relaxed hair result in it reverting from the trapped moisture? Especially with the bag over the whole head?
Do you re-oil all of your hair in the morning also or just before going to bed?

[ QUOTE ]
CheerHHS said:
Keracare Essential Oils. It is a combination of Sunflower, Peanut,Coconut, Jojoba, Sesame, Aloe Vera, Almond, and Olive Oils. It smells heavenly.

[/ QUOTE ]
As I mentioned in another thread, my Keracare Essential Oils came today. I does smell heavenly (very light smell) and the oils are light. It also has Castor oil in it.

I used to use a mixture of jojoba, coconut, castor, and rosemary oils, however, this concoction was costing too much.

I now use hot 6 oil, and castor oil mixed with coconut oil on my scalp the night before washing my hair. This leaves my hair extremely soft.
smile.gif

Lately, extra virgin olive oil alone has been working wonders!!!

Prior to that, I was using Ginseng Wonder 8 oil. I use jojoba oil on trouble, dry scalp spots around the back of my hairline.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
This is interesting. I would like to try this for my ends. SherryLove, wouldn't wearing a plastic cap over the oiled relaxed hair result in it reverting from the trapped moisture? Especially with the bag over the whole head?
Do you re-oil all of your hair in the morning also or just before going to bed?

[/ QUOTE ]

this could be true, but i was under the impression that sengschick's hair is in braids. My sis' hair is in braids....I just oil my hair before going to bed. It's never reverted in the a.m.....I did try it one time with the whole bag covering my hair while wearing a ponytail, and my hair did not revert....it was just mad moisturized.....I believe it also depends on your relaxer because my hair does not frizz or draw up with Phytorelaxer....

I just rollerset my hair and used a mixture of sweet almond, avocado, and jojoba oil and my hair came out so soft and shiny. I'm loving this combination!

The oils I use and love
Proclaim 7 oil; Rosemary Blend Hair oil; peppermint oil, Almond oil and last but not the least Wild Growth Oil.

wild growth and castor oil have been the ONLY oils that work for me.

Thanks SherryLove. I'll try this. I wear my hair in my braids (for braidouts) before going to bed so I see what the plastic cap will do for me.

Where is a good place to find coconut oil and coconut milk?

The only ones that work for me are Vitamin E and Jojoba....

ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't use separate oils, I tend to buy ones that are mixed, like Hot 6 and Botanicals Oils.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Sometimes, I end up mixing the pre-mixed ones. /images/graemlins/think.gif

EVOO was good, but now that I've discovered the coconut oil, I'm hooked.

Coconut oil /images/graemlins/up.gif

I just began using a new oil formulation called parnevu t tree oil... It's base oil is olive oil along with some other oils and herbs.....

Back