Which matters the most?

Which matters most when trying to achieve silky, straight hair?

• Total voters

bonedacious99

When it comes to getting silky, straight hair, which matters most? The brand of flat iron? The type of products (i.e. heat protectant, serum, etc.)? Both the brand of flat iron and products? Neither (maybe some other technique)? TIA!

Although my FHI has lasted longer (the plates) than the cheap Revlon one (plates chipped), I still got sliky smooth straight hair with it.

But, even with my FHI, if I use the wrong products, my hair does not straighten well.

I had a problem like that this week when I airdried with Garnier Long and Strong leave in and serum. :eek: NOT GOOD.

I normally only need one swipe or two in the kinker places when I use my other favorite products. This time, my hair would NOT get silky straight using my FHI without some CRAZY effort.

I think products matter more.

Also, I think the size and shape of the iron make a difference. I can get my hair straighter with a 1 inch iron, for example, than with a bigger clunckier one.

When I had my cheapie Helen of Troy I still got silky hair as long as I don't overdose on products. So, for me it's a matter of not getting too much product on your hair before using the flat iron and using the right size flat iron.

I picked brand of flat iron but I think the way you dry your hair before flat ironing is just as important. For example I wouldn't try to flat iron air-dried hair that's been hanging loose.

Products don't matter as much to me because I only use a small amount of some type of heat protectant anyway.

I think products make a difference because i just used Mega Cond. on my hair so I could press it out after aprox 4 weeks and it is so soft has no curl at all no shine and no body.

For me, it's the combo.

I've had the cheaper flat irons, but saw a huge difference once I invested in a 'professional' flat iron (Solano).

Then I was introduced to CHI Silk Infusion (heat protect.-Thanx NAVS!) and see even more of a dramatic difference. Before I used Fantasia Heat Protectant & it performed well, but the CHI is AWESOME!! My hair loves it!

I don't think it has anything to do with what type of iron you have. I have a cheap $40 iron that works perfectly and has lasted me a good 3 years now. I believe it is all in the technique, how the hair is dried and how wide the sections are that you are flat ironing.

AKA-Tude said:
For me, it's the combo.

I've had the cheaper flat irons, but saw a huge difference once I invested in a 'professional' flat iron (Solano).

Then I was introduced to CHI Silk Infusion (heat protect.-Thanx NAVS!) and see even more of a dramatic difference. Before I used Fantasia Heat Protectant & it performed well, but the CHI is AWESOME!! My hair loves it!

What she said. Except mine is the Solia. And I had used all sorts of different serums before the Silk Infusion, and none of them have the effect that it does on my hair. Nothing matches the Silk Infusion.

i voted both...but ive used the same products and different flat irons and my hair came out a lot differently. So I would put more weight on the flat iron but product does matter

Back