Where does my hair go??? :/

Saida

Okay so ive looked through some fotkis, and seen some great pictures. and then I see some people say I didnt gain to much growth this month or they will say no progress this month, when its OBVIOUS to me that their hair has grown since the last picture, but then I realized I never see growth with my pictures either so maybe its the same, maybe I just cant see it. But okay nove ive really tried to be optimistic and to really look for the growth in my comparison pictures

So I can feel the newgrowth, its alot and I like to play in it, so that MUST mean that my hair grew, also my hair didnt break off THAT MUCH to where I would just not have any progress. so my question is where does my hair go??? :ohwell: there is no diffrence in my progress pictures and there is no excess hair brakeage, so where does it go???:ohwell:

Last edited:
Saida, I'm one of those people who will make no progress if I don't dust my ends regularly. I may not see any breakage but the ends, which are the oldest part of my hair and which have endured the most wear and tear, seem to stealthily break away...or get so thin that I cannot help but chop them off. But regular dusting leaves me with thick hair that seems to make slow but sure progress.

Also hair that's shoulder length or at APL and beyond happens to rub on your clothes more than shorter hair, leading to more silent damage to ends. Which is why many people seem to get over this hump by wearing their hair up and away from clothes (in buns or updos). Baggying the ends I believe also helps.

I know that doesn't seem like fun, but many who get to enjoy long lengths made some sacrifice along the way. Not all, but people like Yvette.

ETA: You probably are making progress, but it's hard to tell because you're not wearing the same thing when you take the progress pics, so it's hard to see. But at least we do know you're growing hair, due to the growth you feel (and common sense). So now we must find a way to retain the hair you grow. I'm sure someone who walked in your shoes will be here to share their tips.

Last edited:
I think we all have a bit of hair anorexia. Posting less often maybe every few months as opposed to each month to track progress will enable your ability to truly see the progress you've made. I see lots of progress with your hair. It appears as though it grows out (thickens up) before length comes. This happens will lots of peoples hair - mine included. I do see your hair has made tremendous progress. It's significantly thicker then the first photo and not last month but this month I see more length.:yep: Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

I agree with trini_rican. You can definitely see that you have made progress. Your hair is getting longer and really thickening up. Looks good! :grin:

Do you have new growth? If so, you may not be able to see your growth because of tightly coiled hair at your scalp.

You guys just made me feel so good, thank you soo much to everyone...

Nonie, I wear nothing but a bun every freaking day:lachen: I even thought that was the problem, think I made a thread about it one time.

right now I do have about an inch and a half new growth but its very tightly coiled so yeah that might be why I havent seen any growth yet..

Im glad that my hair is getting thicker though never thought of looking at my progress like that, guess I just got into the lenght so much that I forgot how there are other ways to progress also. :)

Im not going to take another progress picture until june :yep:

I think we all have a bit of hair anorexia. Posting less often maybe every few months as opposed to each month to track progress will enable your ability to truly see the progress you've made. I see lots of progress with your hair. It appears as though it grows out (thickens up) before length comes. This happens will lots of peoples hair - mine included. I do see your hair has made tremendous progress. It's significantly thicker then the first photo and not last month but this month I see more length.:yep: Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

Thank you thats really encouraging to hear :kiss:

Back