When To TRIM???????

Missi

okay: i stretch for 3 months (12 weeks) and I NEED to start triming about every 8-10 weeks.

my concern is when do you trim: why the hair is 'WET' (potential length), when its 'DRY' (length once dried) or 'FLAT IRONED' (visibal damaged ends).

When and how do you trim your hair? Who trims it?

i prefer to dust after it's flat-ironing. just makes it easier to see every little split and knot IMO.

*question, why don't you just trim after you're done stretching? why trim every 8-10 weeks if you're stretching for 12 weeks? (just curious)

*question, why don't you just trim after you're done stretching? why trim every 8-10 weeks if you're stretching for 12 weeks? (just curious)

I was wondering the same thing...why do you feel the need to trim so often? Are you getting rid of damaged hair or something? I'm just curious.

To answer your question, I think trims should not be scheduled unless you know for sure a time frame during which your ends begin to split. I think trims should be done only when you see a moderate amount of splits. If you see a few then do a S&D. My hair stylist tries to trim with each touch up (every 13 weeks for me) all the while saying that my ends are not bad. So from now on we will trim only when I see a lot of splits.

okay: i stretch for 3 months (12 weeks) and I NEED to start triming about every 8-10 weeks.

my concern is when do you trim: why the hair is 'WET' (potential length), when its 'DRY' (length once dried) or 'FLAT IRONED' (visibal damaged ends). DUST (NOT TRIM) while hair is dry:yep:

When and how do you trim your hair? Who trims it?
I dont trim my hair AT ALL! I ONLY dust split ends when I see them.

I trim once a month but I only cut off the split ends. I trim on dry hair because I can see the splits better.

I don't trim as often as I used too. About 3 yrs ago, I was addicted to having fresh ends!! The hair was always healthy, just couldn't grow past shoulder cuz I kept cutting my growth off (hating hair dressers) !! Duh me!!

Now I trim...maybe every 8-10 months on dry hair..SO does it for me.

Back