What's your DH/SO's favorite hairstyle on you?

What hairstyle does your DH/SO prefer on you?

• Straight

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • Curly/Rollerset

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Natural/Texturized Wash n Go

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Braidout/Twists

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Updo

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Bun

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

sound

He loves curls, period.

Though he doesn't say, he doesn't care too much for my straight looks.

wheezy807

Anything that consist of the hair hanging down, wrap, braidout/twistout, rollerset-WHATEVA!!!! LOL!!

DH likes big curly hair that's kind of wild. I could achieve it with straw sets. Maybe I'll do that when we go on vacation. :scratchch

bLackButtaFly

the bigger, and curlier the better. I had an ex who hated my hair straight. He said it was very cute, and but he preferred to play in the curls. I think it's that unkept, wild, bedroom look.

The guy I was dealing w/ earlier also like my hair very curly. The thing was I would do nice styles, updos, cute french rolls, and he couldn't wait to ruin them. He just wanted to muss it up :nono::look:, it made going out after he'd visit kinda difficult to plan :perplexed.

eyunka

This one

Luvmylife

the bigger, and curlier the better. I had an ex who hated my hair straight. He said it was very cute, and but he preferred to play in the curls. I think it's that unkept, wild, bedroom look.

The guy I was dealing w/ earlier also like my hair very curly. The thing was I would do nice styles, updos, cute french rolls, and he couldn't wait to ruin them. He just wanted to muss it up :nono::look:, it made going out after he'd visit kinda difficult to plan :perplexed.

I think you've hit the nail on the head! I asked my DH why he chose the styles he did and his reasoning was:

Straight styles take longer to do:ohwell:
Curly styles are more 'durable' and he can put his hands all in it:grin:
I apparetly seem more carefree when I don't have to worry about my hair.

SoforReal

Surprisingly any boyfriend i've asked this question to always said they liked it in an updo. I was shocked at first but guys are very visual. I guess they like updo's so they can visualize me taking it down and seeing my hair drop down to my waist <----yeah right :lachen: :lachen: LMAO :grin:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I guess my husband is odd. He likes my hair longer and straight (which is odd because he is so militant and is totally against chemicals in our DD's hair, I am too), probably because that is how it was when we met. Right now he is really afraid to like anything about my hair because in our 10 years of marriage I have cut my hair really short (Halle Berry short twice and a BC once) three times.

Oh yeah, he HATES fake hair. He would have me bald first.:lachen:

Last edited:

Hair Iam

Any style that doesn't involve fake hair...lol!!!

My DH is all about this as well..He wants me to keep it reall...no braids...weaves....length comes second to this...HE would rather short an real.... than long and fake.

I have no problem meeting his request..especially after my kinky twist experience :wallbash: never again ....never again ....:perplexed

Luvmylife

I guess my husband is odd. He likes my hair longer and straight (which is odd because he is so militant and is totally against chemicals in our DD's hair, I am too), probably because that is how it was when we met. Right now he is really afraid to like anything about my hair because in our 10 years of marriage I have cut my hair really short (Halle Berry short twice and a BC once) three times.

Oh yeah, he HATES fake hair. He would have me bald first.:lachen:

not at all...check out the poll

adf23

Anything big, whether it be rollerset and tousled, wash n go, twistout, etc. He comments the least when my hair is straight.:look:

Jazzy413

This is an interesting question.... Since I am attempting to transition, hairstyles have been a struggle with the two textures. He of course loves my straight, relaxed hair(not too str8 tho), and seems to like my braidouts, but I can tell he is missing that silky straight texture. My natural hair so far seems to be kind of wavy and of course with all the NG, its impossible to run your fingers thru!! LOL....maybe I will flatiron it for him....:yep:

On a side note....has anyone's husband/SO NOT liked your natural hair, or the fact that you were stretching?

Lavendar

I voted straight but now that I think more about it, I should have voted twistout. He prefers it when I take down the bun I've been wearing for a couple of days and it's wild and wavy.

cmw45

My SO definitely prefers my curly braidouts. He can't keep his damn hands out of my hair. In fact, for our sixth month anniversary he wrote 182 reasons for why he loves me (six months in 182 days) and one of them was, "I love that you let me play in your hair...sometime." Darn right sometimes, cause sometimes I gotta look cute and not like I just rolled out of bed.

tschizum

He loves long hair so right now her prefers it flat ironed straight b/c it shows what little length I have lol, but he also likes when I do bantu knots, I'm guessing he will die when I do bantu knots on waist length hair *fingers crossed I make it to WL*

Sistaslick

My husband never commented on my hair, until I wore my strawset almost a million weeks post relaxer. He told me my hair looked "so fun" :lachen::lachen::lachen: I'll take that, but you know I first had to figure out what he meant by the word "fun." :look::giggle: