What to do with my hair?

dlove

I got a trim of about 1-1/2 inches this morning. Looks like my two year progress has a set back. My fro is smaller, my hair is shorter. In the perimeter I have about 4 inches, 2-3 inches in the middle and 5 inches in back. I have 4 a/b natural hair- the kind that sounds like leaves russling when you touch or comb it.

Any cute DIY suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Braids..Sew ins... Cant I vent? Read below:

I just left the salon where I was to get simple scalp braids. My appointment was at 3:30. When I arrived, the beautician was just finishing her client. The client jumps up. leaves and before I know it, someone else was warming the seat. :sad: just :sad:.......Flash back 1990's up to 2006......:wallbash: Sitting in the salon all day waiting for someone to do my touch ups. I kept thinking why did I make this appointment? Some things never change. Before making the appointment I told the beautician I had to leave by 5:30 to pick my child up by 6:00. The beautician took her sweet time lining up the kitchen, combing out the wrap and preparing for a flat iron style on a short haired client. I left at 4:15 without....saying.... a... word.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this, maybe you can get a projective style to grow your fro out, try to start over again. Why did you trim so much if you don't mind me asking.

The stylist trimmed it up for me. I just told her to "get rid of the splits"...:look: Maybe I should have added but keep as much length as possible. Yeah, that always works!

I walked in with a picked out afro. My 10 y.o. son said that my hair looked the same as when I walked in. I guess thats a good sign that she did not cut too much.

I love how you walked out without a word. Stylist looking around like,"Where did Dlove go?!?!?!?!?! Has anyone seen Dlove?" Pure hilarity........

Awww :bighug:

I'm so sorry she cut away all of your progress. I don't think stylists should be allowed to cut "splits" on your fro. Many wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the splits and healthy afro hair. Have you thought about DIY? For me, this is the only way. Take a look at this vid and see if you might want to give it a shot? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q1tTBvALmM

I'm sorry about your salon visit. I would have walked out also. This is just ONE of the reasons i've not been to a salon in about 3 years now.

Can you try maybe twists/twistouts?

I'm sorry about your salon visit. I would have walked out also. This is just ONE of the reasons i've not been to a salon in about 3 years now.

Can you try maybe twists/twistouts?

Thanks and I am pleased with my DIY twists.

I twisted on air dried -water for moisture and shea butter mixture sealant-hair. My hair looked ridiculous with the varying lengths. I applied foam hair setting lotion and smoothed my hair back with one part of the twists smoothed on one side and the other part in the opposite direction. Since my length is longest in the back, the twists are sitting on my neck.

Turned out great and saved me $45.00 for the braids.:yep:

Thanks ladies.

Back