WHAT THE...??????

tazzydennis

OK Ladies, since I've been coming to this forum, I adopted what I thought was good and sound advice. Apparently my hair is to ignorant to appreciate any of this. Last night, I did a clarifying shampoo with baking soda and NTM shampoo mixed together and then I followed that up with an olive oil deep conditioner. Well, as I was gently detangling my hair...a nice chunk of my hair was in the comb!!!!!!
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I thought that I was finally doing everything right! I admit to screwing up my hair a couple of months ago; but, I've been doing the co's, using my olive oil, jojoba, tea tree oil and peppermint.

Why is my hair still breaking off???? I'm to the point of shaving my head bald and calling it a day!!!!!!

If there's anyone out there that has any extra advice PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
I'm bout 2 seconds away from saying screw it!!!!!!

Tamrin

unapologetic
You may need to do a protein treatmemt such as aphogee or a protein deep con such as ors hair mayo. my fav Roux Porosity control.

WomanlyCharm

I understand how frustrating it can be (which is why I refuse to wash my hair tonight!), but don't throw in the towel just yet!

It sounds like you're doing all the right things...but were you using a wide tooth comb to detangle? Have you tried detangling under running water? Or what about doing an oil rinse so the detangling process is easier? I know other members will have helpful ideas as well.

Don't worry, it'll get better. (((HUGS)))

lana

Okay, okay, I understand where you're coming from, but I'm just wondering if you're not doing a little too much to your hair. Why not simplify your routine, stop with the co-washes and clarifying. That doesn't work for everyone.

Try to wash your hair once a week or every 4 days.

Regular wash: Detangle gently, pre-poo with light oils, Shampoo, deep condition with a moisturizing deep conditioner w/heat cap, rinse and style.

Protein wash: Detangle gently, pre-poo with light oils, Shampoo, protein conditioner, rinse, moisturizing deep conditioner w/heat cap, rinse and style.

Try using protein once every 4-6 weeks. Moisturize daily (again - lightly).

Let us know how it works out.

tazzydennis

Ladies, thank you for your immediate response to my dilemma! I want to respond to each of you individually...here it goes!!!

Ms. Closer1 - You may be right! I haven't tried that as of yet; but, I will soon.

Ms. WomanlyCharm - No Ma'am, I wasn't using a wide tooth comb; but, I guarantee that I will next time! By the way, thanks for the hugs! I'm really feeling the love from this forum!!!

Ms. MariposaSexyGirl - What I did to my hair was STRAIGHT BREAKAGE! I heard my hair snap...IT WAS HORRIFYING!!!!!!!!

Ms. Lana - Thanks for the information. I will lighten up my regimen!

But, due to what I've been going through these last couple of months with my hair - damaging it, cutting it, TRYING to do right by it and now I'm still suffering with breakage - I'm wondering whether or not I should do a MAJOR CHOP and start from scratch!:pullhair::cry:

localhost

Tazzy Tazzy Tazzy....

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma, but take it from me, some stuff just ain't for everybody!!!!

Although ladies come up with great ideas and things that work for them, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you.

You've learned a great lesson, and that is called "follow your instincts".

Here's what happened to me in 2003 when I was not manipulating my hair, stretching forever, and not using poo:

Here's my caption:

11/03 This is why I refuse to go longer than 12 weeks. I know it looks horrible, believe me, it sucked! My newgrowth was soooo tangled and matted I was up from 8pm to 4am detangling. I learned the hard way the importance of removing shedded hair when it sheds instead of waiting.

I know it looks pretty bad, but I was still in good shape.

Please stick to the basics - moisturizing, clean & healthy scalp, and minimized heat and your hair will thank you for it! Just chalk it up to a lesson learned.....

Evolving78

I think that mix was the problem. I don't even get into the mixing stuff like that. I do think there is a better way of using baking soda for clarifying though. I would rather just use a clarifying shampoo and follow with a moisturizing shampoo.

Jetblackhair

Tazzydennis,
Sorry you are having so many hair woes. Believe me, I know how frustrating this is. Are you able to maybe wear braids or a wig with your hair braided underneath, so that you can give yourself a break from having to do anything more with your hair? This way you can give yourself time to think about a bc.

gradygirl

I'd be careful with the baking soda because if you use too much it can do more harm than good. I've used it before using a recipe I got off of motowngirl.com but I mixed it with water to clarify.