Gave myself a relaxer *Unintentionally!* X-TREME ASSISTANCE NEEDES*

blaque_syren

Hello ladies, just to give a quick intro

I was a long time stalker now a member this forum's advice has been very beneficial to me thus far:yep:

About two weeks ago I decided to try bakingsoda w/ shampoo as a clarifyer, But may have OD'ed on the baking soda just a little......:blush:

After I rinsed it out the baking soda had completely relaxed my new growth.I thought my hair felt amazing!!!:drunk: When I told my mom what I'd did she said I was lucky that my hair hadn't fallen out in the sink! She said that baking soda is very akaline and that I had just more or less re-relaxed my own hair. (I had intended to only stretch my perm for 8 weeks but now I'm pretty sure I've breeched that number.)

About seven days after the mishap my hair continued to feel just as strong as it always has, but now my hair feels very week and is shedding profoundly:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I've decided not to panic just yet, its not as if my hair is coming out in clumps or anything and still appears otherwise healthy, but still stretches and breaks easily ( results of individual strand tests):perplexed.....

Any advice?????????????????????????????????????????????????

!ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

HAIR PROFFESSIONALS ESPECIALLY NEEDED!!!!!

Ouch! so sorry this happened to you--I know a lot of ladies use baking soda to clarify, but I learned the hard way that this is NOT a good practice. My hair felt amazing at first too and I came to the board and raved raved raved, but soon found out :nono:

Get some Mizani Rose H20 Night Time Treatment and use as directed. Also, keep the hair moisturized with a good weekly or bi-weekly moisturizing conditioner. Choose a moisturizing conditioner that has a protein ingredient in it.

When I used baking soda last year to clean my hair... OMG I was in PAIN and my scalp was burning just like when I used to relax my hair. I know that many people do this with no problem. Maybe my scalp is just too sensitive.

Ouch! so sorry this happened to you--I know a lot of ladies use baking soda to clarify, but I learned the hard way that this is NOT a good practice. My hair felt amazing at first too and I came to the board and raved raved raved, but soon found out :nono:

Get some Mizani Rose H20 Night Time Treatment and use as directed. Also, keep the hair moisturized with a good weekly or bi-weekly moisturizing conditioner. Choose a moisturizing conditioner that has a protein ingredient in it.
thanks alot apreciate the good advice!lol how do I properly thank ppl ont his forum?

I don't have anything to offer to help but I did want to welcome you and send you a big hug
soo
WELCOME
:bighug:

I don't have anything to offer to help but I did want to welcome you and send you a big hug
soo
WELCOME
:bighug:
Awww, thank you so much!
Thankyou.gif

Hello ladies, just to give a quick intro

I was a long time stalker now a member this forum's advice has been very beneficial to me thus far:yep:

About two weeks ago I decided to try bakingsoda w/ shampoo as a clarifyer, But may have OD'ed on the baking soda just a little......:blush:

After I rinsed it out the baking soda had completely relaxed my new growth.I thought my hair felt amazing!!!:drunk: When I told my mom what I'd did she said I was lucky that my hair hadn't fallen out in the sink! She said that baking soda is very akaline and that I had just more or less re-relaxed my own hair. (I had intended to only stretch my perm for 8 weeks but now I'm pretty sure I've breeched that number.)

About seven days after the mishap my hair continued to feel just as strong as it always has, but now my hair feels very week and is shedding profoundly:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I've decided not to panic just yet, its not as if my hair is coming out in clumps or anything and still appears otherwise healthy, but still stretches and breaks easily ( results of individual strand tests):perplexed.....

Any advice?????????????????????????????????????????????????

!ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

HAIR PROFFESSIONALS ESPECIALLY NEEDED!!!!!

I've done this before (I mixed baking soda/hair conditioner)and LEFT IT IN MY HAIR OVER NIGHT! :wallbash: My hair is natural, so I'll tell you that you DID NOT relax your hair, the straightness WILL wear off... all I can say is just baby it... DC it, treat it very gently the shedding shouldn't last very long

Wow, it sounds like you used way too much baking soda. When I use baking soda to clarify, I use no more than a teaspoon of baking soda for every 16 ounces of water and I never have any problems.

Back