What non-sulfate shampoo do you use?

*KP*

...if you use one at all.

It seems every shampoo I look at has sulfates in it.

Which non-sulfate shampoos have you used and how did they work for you?

ABBA Pure Moisture (Moisture Scentsations is the old name) shampoo (though some folks on here says that it does have sulfates, but I don't remember seeing any on the label last I checked)...Anyways, I prefer non-sulfate shampoo way more. I feel like my itchies have lessened considerably. Sometimes I use a sulfate poo to clarify, but not that often.

Cream of nature the old ones---but i read in another thread that the old cream of nature did/do have sulfates...they just arent listed?

Elasta Qp creme conditioning shampoo

ETA--They both work great for me, i liked cream of nature better (maybe because i like the smell better and have used it longer), but i think they both detangle about the same and leave hair equally as soft.

Last edited:
I use Giovanni Deep Moisture Smooth as Silk poo. It's ok. I think NTM is more moisturizing, but it has some sulfates in it; but not SLS. :nono:

just subscribing.
the only one I could think of was Creme of Nature but I read the previous post about it not being listed so oh well :wallbash:

If you can't find any, you definitely want to stay away from the ones that have multiple -sulfates.

Aubrey Organic's Island Naturals...I :love: it!!

It never dries my hair out, ever, even if I'm too lazy to prepoo b4 I shampoo (that rhymes :giggle:), it still doesn't make my hair feel stripped.

From SheScentIt.com:

Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo

and

Eucalyptus Mint Shampoo

I love both of these shampoos.

Last edited:
just subscribing.
the only one I could think of was Creme of Nature but I read the previous post about it not being listed so oh well :wallbash:

If you can't find any, you definitely want to stay away from the ones that have multiple -sulfates.

I use Keracare moisturising shampoo but I believe it has 2 sulfates in it. As soon as it is finished I'll be moving onto something with no sulfates or at least a milder sullfate. I was quite surprised to learn a shampoo claiming to be moisturizing has 2 sulfates in it.

I have tried Mizani Thermasmooth shampoo and IIRC it has only 1 sulfate and I remember it being one of the milder ones. My hair feels less dry when I use that and it lathers much better. But it is part of my Thermasmooth system and I don't like to use it when not using the rest of the system because being in the UK, it was a pain to get my hands on!!

Cream of nature the old ones---but i read in another thread that the old cream of nature did/do have sulfates...they just arent listed?

Elasta Qp creme conditioning shampoo

ETA--They both work great for me, i liked cream of nature better (maybe because i like the smell better and have used it longer), but i think they both detangle about the same and leave hair equally as soft.

It doesn't contain sulfates but it does have surfactants (Decyl Polyglycoside-cleansing agent), but they aren't the same thing although many people use the words synonymously. Sulfates are far more drying. Someone said in another post that all sulfates are surfactants but all surfactants aren't sulfates and that's true.

I use CON and love it! I have no clue what I'll do when there's no more of the old formula left. :sad:

Last edited:
Elucence Moisture Benefits
Elucence Volume Clarifying
Chagrin Valley Shampoo/Soap Bars
DevaCurl NoPoo

It doesn't contain sulfates but it does have surfactants (Decyl Polyglycoside-cleansing agent), but they aren't the same thing although many people use the words synonymously. Sulfates are far more drying. Someone said in another post that all sulfates are surfactants but all surfactants aren't sulfates and that's true.

I use CON and love it! I have no clue what I'll do when there's no more of the old formula left. :sad:

Me too. A sad, sad day it will be :nono:

I loaded up on the 32oz bottles a while back and I recently found a BS store that had a GANG of them the other day. I'm going to get some more.

Kenra Platinum Shampoo Right Here! ZERO sulfates. The platinum line is more moisturizing than Kenra's regular moisturizing line (which has the gentler "-eth" sulfates), and its awesome for color-treated hair!

Also, ITA with TSU on the Elucence shampoo as well. You can really tell that its the same parent company putting those lines out. They are very, very similar. :yep:

Giovanni 50:50 Hyrdrating:Calming Shampoo
Creme of Nature

im gonna try Organix shampoo next...theyre sulfate free

From SheScentIt.com:

Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo

and

Eucalyptus Mint Shampoo

I love both of these shampoos.

The stuff on the site looks great....if only they shipped to the UK. I think I'll have to stock up next time I am in the US.

I use Aveda Danage Remedy, Aveda Smooth Infusion, Aveda Brillant, and just recently Aubrey Organics HoneySuckle Rose.

how do you like the honeysuckle rose shampoo? i tried it, and it tangled my hair up something serious as i was rinsing out.

& my sulfate-free shampoos are bars.
chagrin valley shampoo bars
swastik shikakai shampoo bars

how do you like the honeysuckle rose shampoo? i tried it, and it tangled my hair up something serious as i was rinsing out.

& my sulfate-free shampoos are bars.
chagrin valley shampoo bars
swastik shikakai shampoo bars
Dang like everyone uses these now! We should have a thread for CV Shampoo Bar users!

Back