What makes a product professional?

soslychic

What exactly makes a product professional? If one nexxus shampoo has beneficial/non-harmful ingredients in it and a cheaper one like elasta qp or keracare do too, then what is the dif? Since a higher price dosn't always make a product better, but in many cases does, how do you determine the best product for your hair without unnecisarily over spending?

I think professional is sometimes just a marketing gimmick, and it also means that it is supposed to be sold in salons. my experience is that professional products eg keracare are better than the regular stuff like dark n lovely.

So keracare would be considered a professional product? I like their prices much better than nexxus, plus humectress and therappe don't detangle well, but i kept using them because i thought that they were over all "better" for my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
I think professional is sometimes just a marketing gimmick, and it also means that it is supposed to be sold in salons. my experience is that professional products eg keracare are better than the regular stuff like dark n lovely.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, then what is the difference between the regular CON shampoos sold in the drugstores and the professional CON sold at sally's. several people have commented that the professional version is superior (no buildup, i think).

From what I understand, professional products are to be used only in salons. So of the makers of pro products give their salon users courses and update courses on how to use their products; Dudley's does this. Many pro products are more concentrated than the regular equivalent. Salons are given detailed instructions on how to dilute product properly. For instance, when you use con pro you only need to use a small amount, a lot less than a regular product.

A lot of companies make pro products to be used and sold only in salons to make their product exclusive.

So beware, just because it says pro does not mean it is a superior product.

Back