what is your 2013 hair goal

Didn't really have any for 2012. It was a blah hair year for me :lol: 2013 my goal is to make it to a thick MBL before my college graduation. :yep:

What was your hair goal for 2012? SHL maintain thickness
Did you make your goal? Yep
What is your 2013 goal? APL maintain or gain more thickness
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Co washing instead of shampoo,much less heat, finger detangle and deep condition twice a week.

What was your hair goal for 2012?
To reach APL.

Did you make your goal?
No, not yet. My hair is grazingAPL after a good trim and may still make it by the end of the year.

What is your 2013 goal?
To reach BSL.
To have all my hair reach on my shoulders when in a stretched state.
To be able to make a bun with stretched hair.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal?
Stop slacking with my routine and stick to what works. No bandwagons or experiments! Will need to deep condition once a week, moisturize every other day, and protective style.

My iPad has a mind of its own.

Imma keep the same hair goal from 2012 tht I didnt reach which is for my rollersets to hang at APL.

I'm apl now, (a lil longer in the back) and my rollersets hang at CBL. So maybe when Im at full BSL my sets will hang at APL

My goal this year is to reach shoulder length. I'm not doing a length check until December but I can look at my hair and tell its not there. My goal for 2013 is APL and I like my regimen so far but I'm going to continue to take prenatal vitamins and some natural products known to help maximize growth like Claudies hair revitalizer serum, bee mine no sulfur serum, camille rose ultimate growth serum, etc... Very hopeful for these next couple of months and next year!

My plan for 2013 is to continue my transition and for my natural hair to make it to full APL by the end of the year, possible BSB.

Transition with out the BC..

Did you make your goal?
Yes..
What is your 2013 goal?
Going for BSL hair..
Shampooing, deep conditioning, rinsing, sealing my ends and wearing my hair in a bun.

My 2012 hair goal was to have wl locs
Yes, mission accomplished
12/31/13 full Apl
P/s, deep conditioning weekly, gentle handling of my hair

My 2012 goal was hip length. I have reached it.

2013 I will just keep growing long thick hair! Maybe full tailbone length by the end of the year but i'm not going to focus too much on a specific length. The much longer ones are confusing to me

Did you make your goal?
What is your 2013 goal?

My goal for 2012 was to be APL by the end of the year. So far I haven't made my goal & I'm about 3-4 inches off.

I'm a part of the WL 2013 challenge but realistically I probably won't see it until some time in 2014.

I will be doing a lot of PSing the rest of this year as well as next year. I haven't used a flat iron since April of last year & I think I'm going to stay heat free until I reach my goal.

What was your hair goal for 2012? Bsl stretched natural
Did you make your goal? Almost I think I will by ending
What is your 2013 goal? Healthy TEXLAXED full bsl
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Stick to a reggie

What was your hair goal for 2012? BSL stretched natural
Did you make your goal? hopefully by year's end
What is your 2013 goal? I want waist-length, but I'll be happy with full BSB or layered mid-back length.
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? K.I.S.S.

What was your hair goal for 2012? APL
Did you make your goal? No :ohwell: but maybe by Dec 2012
What is your 2013 goal? BSL
I plan to start using sulphur-based oils on my scalp along with Ayurvedic oils.
I will dust my ends every 3-4 months
Keep up with moisture/protein balance.
No protective or tight buns day in and day out. :nono:
Continue to take a multi-vitamin and MSM.
If I become ambitious, I will work out regularly.

Last edited:
MBL

Did you make your goal?
Yes but chopped back to APL

What is your 2013 goal?
MBL

keep it simple
excessive regi with over manipulation doesn't work for me

What was your hair goal for 2012? To make it to NL

Did you make your goal? I believe I did

What is your 2013 goal? I have two goals for 2013: reach full SL by end of January and grazing APL by 2yr post BC in July.

What are you planning to do to reach your goal? PSing with low maintenance. Wash and condition weekly. Moisturize and seal every day

first to reach SL, got it, and then my goal was APL

Did you make your goal?
No, not yet. Well what happened was, my stuff was so thin I BC'd, and now I am ear length, Trying to make full nose length by year end. My real new goal is to keep my hair thick.

What is your 2013 goal?
To reach SL.
To have all my hair reach on my shoulders when in a stretched state.
To be able to make a bun with stretched hair.

ETA: Think I will break my goal into bits.
Crown Area
1. Nose length Twist
2. Jaw Length Twist
3. Stretch Goal Neck Length Twist

Keep my hair in twist, add a bun when it gets longer. CW every other day, keep my protein and moisture routine up. baggy more.

Last edited:

Well starting length was: "touching shoulder length"
Minimum goal: APL
Maximum goal: BSl or MBL (being very optimistic here lol)

Did you make your goal?

I made APL, and I still have a few months left in the year so we shall see.

What is your 2013 goal?

To obtain thick WSL or WHIP length hair! (i'm 5'3 with a short torso)

*Regarding thickness: I believe I have some nutritional deficiencies i.e iron that has compromised my natural hair thickness so my goal is to isolate the root cause of it.

Externally:
  • protectiv style
  • Eliminate 1mo flat ironing
  • oil scalp using combination of EO's and sulphur
s

Internally:
  • Maintain high protein shakes
  • Supplements: Iron, ALIVE' ultra mega womens multi vitamin, Nioxin (old formula), probiotic/prebiotic, vitamin D, sea bukthorn juice, EFA's)
  • Continue to drink 1/2 body weight in oz
  • Adopt a more clean dieting lifestyle

& continue to work out for blood circulation

Last edited:
What was your hair goal for 2012? APL
Did you make your goal? Yes but I'm not full APL
What is your 2013 goal? I'd love to hit BSL
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? Take care of my hair, co-wash, dc, low-mani styles (twists, buns, wigging it)

Did you make your goal?
What is your 2013 goal?

I honestly didn't have a goal other than to have longer hair than I did in 2011 LoL. I made it to APL on my longest layer.

My 2013 goal is BSL for my longest layer and APL for my shortest layer.

I am just making sure that my protein/moisture balance is correct, I am regularly oiling my scalp now w/various combinations, and I am keeping it low manipulation, and easing up on shaping up my hair. I will only be dusting my ends moving forward until I reach BSL.

Did you make your goal?
What is your 2013 goal?

I reached one of my 2012 hair goals, and that's to reach APL. However, my hair is in terrible condition and needs to be cut. I will still be APL though.

I am still in the process of reaching my other goal, and that's to finally settle on my routine. I started my hair journey in 2007 and I still am hopping around on hair products. Hundreds of dollars later and you think I would know better. But whatever.:rolleyes: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...:grin:

As for 2013, I would like to earn my black belt in braiding and twisting. I joined the Navy, and having these skills is going to be vital. I also think I might be able to turn it into extra income.

Also, I don't want to cut my hair. I am confident that I will reach BSL sometime next year, especially since my hair will be tied up practically 24/7.

In order to reach my goal, my mother loaned/gave me her beauty school mannequin head she bought from a BSS. It has sort of rough hair, the closest thing they have to afro-textured hair. I am going to use it to practice braiding.

I have a feeling my 2012 routine goal is going to carry over into 2013. I am trying to be as minimalistic as possible, especially if I wind up getting stationed on a ship.

I want MBL at the very minimum and I've been taking good care of my hair. I've really been doing well since I became relaxed again in June of this year. I'm upping my protective stying, co-washing, and growth aids. I have to get there by year end 2013.

What was your hair goal for 2012? wl
Did you make your goal? not yet
What is your 2013 goal? tbl
What are you planning to do to reach your goal? ps

My 2012 hair goal was WSL, which I didn't make. :sad: I was being very ambitious. But I did make MBL (after this trim I might not quite be there anymore though).

My goal for 2013 is to finally make wsl and wean myself off of the flat iron. I'm addicted and being a straight hair natural is starting to hinder my growth big time. I plan on alternating between natural hair styles (twistouts, yarn braids, buns, etc) and weaves (for when I get the itch to straighten..I figure straightening a little leave out is better than doing the whole head :look: ).

My goal for 2012 was to.make apl. I haven't made yet I think if things go well then maybe one strand will touch but I'm not counting on it.

My goal for next year is to make full apl. I should make in in the middle of next year.

I'm not going to change my reggie I'm just phasing out some deep conditioners so I can save money using natural alternatives. I'm gonna carry on bunning I just need to be careful of too much manipulation, like pulling my puff I'm to shape when it's still damp. I mustn't do that.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

Last edited:
2012 goal : bsb.
did you make it : im so surprised that yes i did! (im.grazing bsl).
2013 goal : mbl (wooow)
what ill do to make it: low manipulation. no poo every 10 days (actually whenever hair needs it).moisturize every other day. dc with light protein at every wash. stretching hair with blow dryer tension method. sticking to less products (thé ones that work). eat healthy + vitamin tabs+scalp massages. never wear my hair down (i did that just 5 times this year).

Back