What exactly is a Quick Weave?

naturalmanenyc

I always thought a quick weave was done on wrapped hair (wet, hard wrap) and the tracks were glued onto the hair for a quick, 1 night hairstyle but it seems that people are making quick weaves that are actually wigs that can be taken off and used over and over.

Some are making quick weave where they cut the wig cap and some don't cut the cap.

So, what is a quick weave?

I agree with Ms. Blue...people are making U-part wigs but the process is basically the same as doing a quick weave. Instead of gluing the hair to a gel and paper hardened hair base, they are gluing it onto a wig cap. Some people actually cover their head with a plastic shower cap, put the wig cap over that and glue the hair directly on (instead of using a foam or mannequin head). :yep:

The addition of the plastic shower cap basically makes the quick weave a wig because it can be put on and removed.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I always thought a quick weave was done on wrapped hair (wet, hard wrap) and the tracks were glued onto the hair for a quick, 1 night hairstyle
That sounds like a horrific thing to do to a head of hair! How do you even take something like that down without destroying your hair?

No, it isn't bad at all if it's done properly. I got quick weaves for about 6 mos straight when I first started transitioning. My hair was washed, deep conditioned, french braided in two braids, and set with gel covered in protective paper which created a hard cast. The paper protected my hair from the glue. I would sit under the dryer until the set was completely dry, and the hair was glued on top of the cast. Since brown gel contains protein, my hair was STRONG. I will admit that my scalp was dryer than I liked but that has always been an issue for me. It was all simply washed out when it was time to do it again. It lasted for 2 weeks at a time. My hair grew like crazy during that time.

Last edited:
Back