What do you use B4 you relax your hair?

tiffanyoneal

What do you ladies do to your hair before relaxing it?

Example: Deep condition, co wash........

Around the end of July I plan on taking my micro braids down and perming my hair but I just want to make sure I do the right thing to my hair before relaxing. For my last relaxer I knew nothing of LHCF so this time around I want to start off right. So if you educated Hair experts and SCIENTISTS can advise me I would be very happy.:grin: Thanks!

*** I hope this has not been asked b/f. I tried to do a search.:ohwell: ***

HoneyDew

I don't really do anything special. I do try to use a protein conditioner pre-poo for the last shampoo I do before my next relaxer, which is normally about 4 day before touch up day. Other than that I don't do much. I pretty much do whatever I need to do as far as conditioning is concerned in the weeks between relaxers. I think that is why people that stretch have so much success. They have more time in between for relaxer prep. :)

cicilypayne

I think I ususally use some sort of oil the night are days before I love amla oil, castor oil and coconut oil. This time I used coconut oil and a salerm 21 leave in and I'm underprocessed I'm not sure if its the oil are the salerm.:confused:

rdm

Make sure that there is a few days between when you take the braids out and when you relax!!!

simcha

Usually the last wash before my appointment I clarify with acv and deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner. And I use the same conditioner(L'Oreals Nature Therapy Mega Moisture) on my new growth (when it's dry) to help soften it. I base my scalp with Rene Furterer's Carthame Oil.

gymfreak336

I usually wash and deep condition as usual 4-5 days before I relax. I try to use a conditioner with a balance of moisture and protein like ors mayo or another cholesterol conditioner. I do also like to make sure that I have clarified my hair with in the last 6 washes.

sareca

DC w/ protein (no poo) and airdry.

ETA: Oh and make sure you wait at least 2 weeks after takedown before you relax.

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

tiffanyoneal said:
What do you ladies do to your hair before relaxing it?

Example: Deep condition, co wash........

Around the end of July I plan on taking my micro braids down and perming my hair but I just want to make sure I do the right thing to my hair before relaxing. For my last relaxer I knew nothing of LHCF so this time around I want to start off right. So if you educated Hair experts and SCIENTISTS can advise me I would be very happy.:grin: Thanks!

*** I hope this has not been asked b/f. I tried to do a search.:ohwell: ***

I make sure to use PROFECTIVES BREAKFREE for three days before and especially the night before always avoiding letting it get onto the new growth areas.