What do you do to Secure your bun?

Charz

Sinister Minister
Hi Ladies, can you provide pictures, links and names of the clips, bands or other mechanisms that you use to secure your bun? I am wet bunning every morning because of my updated workout schedule and need some suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Best,
Charz

I do doughnut buns, wet and dry. I use the elastic portion from wigs caps and knee highs to secure the ponytail. For the actual bun, I use those goody ouchless headbands made out that silky fabric. They don't snag the hair at all.

Has anyone tried the Goody Spin Pins? I am curious about those, as practically everything else I have tried -- bobby pins, clips, combs, even plastic prong-shaped ones supposedly specially designed for this purpose -- has ended up pulling out, snagging on, or ripping through my hair to the point where I can only use a 'bun cage' contraption made my Scunci to bun my hair, and even that one will occasionally snag due to the design of its moving parts. :ohwell:

Charz I use an invisible french hair net. after I pin it lightly. I got tired of my bun flopping out while I was working out. This method I got from divachyk and I am able to work out all week long and not have my bun move an inch.

Has anyone tried the Goody Spin Pins? I am curious about those, as practically everything else I have tried -- bobby pins, clips, combs, even plastic prong-shaped ones supposedly specially designed for this purpose -- has ended up pulling out, snagging on, or ripping through my hair to the point where I can only use a 'bun cage' contraption made my Scunci to bun my hair, and even that one will occasionally snag due to the design of its moving parts. :ohwell:

I have 2 sets of Goody Spin pins and they work better then regular bobby pins for me. Buttt... For my given bun I use a donut so it wouldn't work, I use 3 bobby pins and a french invisible net.

good-hair-days-sally-beauty-styling-accessories-magicgrip-hairpins.jpg

Good Hair Pins,
ouchless bands,
mini spin pins
flexi 8
good Hair Hair combs (my favorite because one comb equals 3 Good Hair Pins)

For those using banana clips, how are you using it for a bun? are you putting your hair in a ponytail, coiling it into bun and then apply the banana clip?

Charz, JJamiah have squared you up with good info. I bun with either a banana clip or a cut up knee hi slathered in conditioner. I swirl my hair around, put on a very thin hair net (hairnet not visible unless you're all up in my head). I then secure my bun in place with good days hair pins. The pins are placed in my hair after the net is on. Yes, the pins pierce through the net but if I remove them carefully at the end of the day, the net is not damaged. HTH.

i use the goody ouchless headbands doubled over to secure my bun. i do the halfway pull through thing, and then use the good hair day pins to fan it out and make it look more round and perfect.
every once in a while, I'll use a donut, but i think it's too much tension for everyday wet bunning.

For those using banana clips, how are you using it for a bun? are you putting your hair in a ponytail, coiling it into bun and then apply the banana clip?

i use a banana clip horizontally for the pony tail part and then grab the pony tail and bend it under and pin/tuck the ends with bobby pins.

I use Good Hair Day Hair Pins from Sally's and will never use traditional bobby pins again.

I have a tutorial on how I did my wet buns. Wet bunning this way helped me retain pretty much all of the growth that I got :yep:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20932966

Thanks for posting that! I will try that on my hair. The key is re-moisturizing for me too...

Spin pins
images
, banana clips
images
, goody flex barrettes
images
, ouchless bobby pins
images

Looks like I need to make a trip to Sally!

I also use the Good Days Hair Pins. They are awesome. I need to get some spin pins. Those are next on my list.

Hmmm.. there are some good suggestions in here. Bobby pins were pulling my hair out so I just use satin scrunchies and tuck my ends under it.

I use grips, but i think the term for these in the USA are pins? they are made of metal and have plastic bobbles on the end.

Back