What are the Long Hair Care Forum Best Practices?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Thank you. :) My hair is the longest it has ever been. For me the less I do with it the more length it retains. Keeping it simple and low manipulation has helped me get here. :yep:

Madam
I hope its ok to bug u a little? Do you "never ever poo?". Also... Currently do yo cowash and then seal with oils? Ever have any scalp issues? Itch? (My thing sorry)

So basically u cowash or deep condition how many times weekly? Do you do hot oil treatments? Add oils to conditioner? Leave conditioner in? (Which con is your preferred)? Sorry all in yo beeswax sis?
Thank you for posting

NikkiQ

Do mean to get too far OT but does all sulfur based prods (i.e. sulfur 8) promote growth or just certain ones like the BM growth serum?

From what I've heard, most of them promote growth but I've only had experience with a few that helped boost growth. I haven't tried any of the Sulfur8 or BT products though so I can't personally speak for them. But Bee Mine seems to work wonderfully :grin:

darlingdiva

For the ladies who find porosity monitoring to be a best practice, what do you do to keep it in check? AVC rinses, porosity control, or adjusting products for PH like Kimmaytube? A combination of the three?

I use Roux Porosity Control at every wash to keep my porosity in check.

jupitermoon

Madam
I hope its ok to bug u a little? Do you "never ever poo?". Also... Currently do yo cowash and then seal with oils? Ever have any scalp issues? Itch? (My thing sorry)

So basically u cowash or deep condition how many times weekly? Do you do hot oil treatments? Add oils to conditioner? Leave conditioner in? (Which con is your preferred)? Sorry all in yo beeswax sis?
Thank you for posting

I never seal. Sometimes during the cooler months I will use a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil after my co wash for extra moisture. Lately, I've been co washing once or twice a week.

Using heavy products or too many products gives me scalp issues such as itching. Right now the only conditioner that I'm using is Giovanni and it's cone free. I also do not leave conditioner or any other hair products on my on my scalp.

When I co wash I stand under the shower and rinse my hair with water. Then I take a little cone free conditioner and scrub my hair with the pads of my fingers as if I were shampooing. Sometimes I do this using just water. I rinse again. After rinsing again, I finger comb the conditioner into my hair and don't rinse it out.

I shampoo a few times a year, more so during the cooler months since I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil during the cooler months and EVOO is a heavy oil.

I don't deep condition, do hot oil treatment, or add oil to my conditioner. When I use my EVOO during the cooler months, I simply take a quarter sized amount and smooth it in my hair after co washing and leaving conditioner in. I do this after I step out the shower.

Right now I'm using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner and 50:50 Balanced Hydrating Calming conditioner. The Giovanni conditioners all pretty much work the same for me. I just make sure that they're cone free.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
a big one is dealing with hair in sections. it's funny how simple this sounds, but a lot of my non-hair board friends don't do this, and their wash days are annoying.

Boujoichic

Keep it simple and try to avoid bandwagons. I try my best not to jump on the latest and greatest so that I can avoid setbacks.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I use Roux Porosity Control at every wash to keep my porosity in check.
I also use Roux PC and love it! Makes my hair manageable.

OT: How often do you wash? I wash twice a week most times and use PC each time. Not sure if that's too excessive.

LaFemmeNaturelle

For me it's staying away from direct heat, low manipulation styles, never letting my hair dry out (meaning moisturize twice a week usually). Keeping it simple all the way!