Weaves,Phonies & Caucasian Women

CaramelKiss

I saw this lady (caucasian) with gorgeous long hair and told her how pretty her hair was, she was like, it's not mine, it's a weave!!! I was like
look.gif
I couldn't believe she said that! Anyhow, she's a hair dresser and she says she does it for a lot of caucasian women. She also said that phonytails are gaining popularity too with caucasian women.

I went into this hair boutique shop looking for hair clips and lo and behold, they had all kinds of phonytails in all colors including pink! And a lot of young caucasian girls were buying them like it was going out of style!! I was like
look.gif

A friend of mine who is also caucasian told me she wants to get a curly phony for her long, straight hair and I was like
confused.gif
! I mean I knew caucasian celebrities do it but I didn't realize how many normal caucasian women were into that. Now mind u, I'm over here in europe so I don't know if the mentality is different over in the US.

Girl yes, average caucasian women wear pieces in their hair. There's this lady at my job that wears all kinds of falls, and ponytails. They look nice on her.

Well I work with a couple of caucasion women who wear them and theirs are far from nice. They both look like they slapped a beaver tail in their hair.
shocked.gif
They are truly awful.
ohwell.gif

Caucasian was the majority at my university and WOW, to see how many of them I saw with phony ponies, braids, sew in weave, AND quick weaves. It was amazing. I also learned that a lot of times they have a hard time finding the right color to match their hair which made it really obvious.

my best friend is white and she has been 'wearin' hair' (as we like to call it) for about 4 years now. Of course all the years of hanging out with a black chick gave her a bit of a nudge. She does it for fullness in her hair, her fake length is the same as her natural.

Yeah, I was in Sally's buying some nasty aphogee protein treatment, and I saw a blonde girl with her mother shopping for phony ponies. She looked like a cheerleader, but she picked up three or four. I'm thinking about getting a phony myself. I think I have to buy the fake hair and make my own phony because the ready made ones are too shiny for me, but the weave in weft packs matches my hair texture and look exactly. If I wear a phony it's got to match my hair perfectly.

Oh, that's nothing new. They always accuse us black women of wearing weaves when all along it's the caucasian women who started wearing them for decades.

I remembered this white girl I worked with at Hardee's and I complimented on her hair. She told me it was a weave. I didn't pay attention to her hair length because we have to wear caps with our hair up. But I did see the difference in lenght AFTER she got it.

I was shocked that she told me. She said she paid $150 for it. That's was the first time I found out that WW wear weaves and this was back in 1989. Boy, did I learn something new that day.

Hm... Gweneth Paltrow hasn't shown her real hair in public since 1996. This is nothing new... But i have never seen one with a bad looking weave. If you want to see some weavewearers that would make you want to shake your head from left to right and say "this is a shame,
nono.gif
" come to my town.

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
Well I work with a couple of caucasion women who wear them and theirs are far from nice. They both look like they slapped a beaver tail in their hair.
shocked.gif
They are truly awful.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
that's hilarious..........On QVC they have shows selling phonyponies ($20)so they are rockin' pony hair just like the rest of us......BTW J.Lo definitely wears all kinds of weaves

There used to be a cart stand thing in my mall that sold pieces and there was always a crowd of white women around it. They would put them on for you right there to try em out. I was so surprised at the time.

Its true. cause i went to a local CVS store and i seen hair pieces that were the colors that WHITE women where. I've also seen those colors in some drugstores in another place which is mostly arab dominated. I didint understand the reason why the white female hair pieces were in a store thats in a black neighbordhood but i guess there are some sista's wearing it. LOL I looked at that like, i aint buyin that, i'd have to dye my hair just to wear that thing :p lol

I got into Great Length hair extensions last year. WARNINGING
angeldevil.gif
DON'T DO IT!!!. This is something that I think must be for Caucasian women. This was a set-back for me. But I saw nothing but Caucasian women getting this type extensions.
They were great while they were in, but leaving them in too long and taking them out causes damage and lost hair.

Back