Washing Hair tonight with Emergencee!

mrslee

Love yourself first!
OK, I have my Emergencee and this is what I plan to do. Let me know if I need to add or change something.

Wash with CON poo
Apply Emergencee let is sit for 10 minutes
Wash with CON poo
Condition with Humetress- dont know if I should leave it in or wash it out (please advise)
Use IC Fantasia Leave-In and WGO

Sounds good?

I suggest using humectress as a deep moisturizing conditioner following an emergencee treatment (leave in at least 10 minutes with or without heat) and then wash out. Some folks use humectress as leave-in, but definitely use it as a moisturizing conditioner first in this instance.

I don't shampoo after Emergencee either. The bottle now has these instructions on it, but it didn't always. I prefer not to shampoo.

I also use it with heat. I also use it for more like 20 minutes (as opposed to 10). I'd use the Humectress as a deep conditioner, with heat, leave it in for about 20 minutes and then wash it out. But that's just what works for me.

Fantasia may be overkill after a protein treatment as well. If you have something with less protein in it, that might work better. It may not be a problem at all, but it could cause some tangling.

Pretty hair BTW! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree with Tracy about the Fantasia IC, they dont print the ingredients, but by the info that they do give you, there is obviously a lot of protein in it. You may want to use something a bit more moisturizing?

I use Emergencee with heat for 10 minutes. Then I rinse out and use Humectress w/ heat for 20 minutes.

So what type of moisturizer do you suggest? Is B&B Castor Oil ok? I just thought of something, I thought we came to the conclusion that Emergencee didnt have protien but polymers? Am I missing something?

OK, I washed my hair with Emergencee and I must say I can tell a difference... just a little, I guess. I will see what it looks like in the morning. I took pics will post those in the morning also. Too tired to upload them now. My hair is softer.

I washed a little with CON poo
Left Emergencee on for 10 min with heat
Rinsed
Pooed with NTM Shampoo
Used Humectress with heat for 20 min
Rinsed
Used NTM leave in moisture, WGO and blow dried on low heat for the first time in my life!
Oiled scalp with my oil concoction and flat iron with Keracare Silken Seal.

Thanks for the tips ladies. I will try to use the Emergencee again in two weeks and use the Keraphixx weekly.

Oh I also did a mini dusting of my ends!

Yes, it does feel stronger. I was sort of in a hurry this morning and as I was combing my hair, I must have combed too fast because I heard one string pop REALLY LOUD as it got caught in my hair. I was upset that I had rough handled my hair, but I slowed down after that! It made a different sound than from previous snaps in the past! Let me know how it turns out for you.

imma try emergencee too this weekend. I dont know if i should use the humectress or the keracare humecto as a deep conditoner? My hair likes both but prefers the humecto but i was thinking since humectress and emergencee are both from the same line maybe those two would work better together?

glossyzlipz I think you may like the humectress instead of the humecto. It just seems more moisturizing to me. I only follow emergencee with kenra moisturizing conditioner or humectress.

I washed my hair with emergencee. I think i over moisturised because my hair feels somewhat limp and i cant style it.Well i could style if i wanted to apply heat on it but i dont want to. Imma let my hair do what it wants to do for now.
But i do like emergencee and imma use it again. My hair feels very soft.

Back