Waistlength Bangs

esoterica

Right now i have bangs but i want to grow them to waistlength. I just measured and i need about 22 more inches. I've never seen anyone with waistlength bangs but i'm assuming its possible. I'm aiming for 2010, which equates to 4.4 inches a year for the next 5 years. What do you ladies think?

asphyxxia said:
Right now i have bangs but i want to grow them to waistlength. I just measured and i need about 22 more inches. I've never seen anyone with waistlength bangs but i'm assuming its possible. I'm aiming for 2010, which equates to 4.4 inches a year for the next 5 years. What do you ladies think?
Go for it! :) . I know I couldn't grow mine to waist length because I pull my hair back to much adding some tension. But I do like my length now. hhg asphyxxia.
-lisa:cool:

There are a few members here whose waistlength hair appears to be all one length, so that would include their 'bang' areas.

Mine used to be that way before I started getting layered and 'face frame' hair cuts. I currently and generally keep my hair at waistlength, however it is U-shaped, so my 'bang' or 'face frame' area is somewhat shorter than the back. I am tired of that now, so my goal is to grow that area out so that my hair is all one length again, at least for a little while. The ladies here who have long, blunt hair are my inspiration.

It is not easy for me, though, because the shorter areas of my hair seem to grow much slower than the back now. I have officially confirmed this suspicion by keeping track of my most recent self-administered trim. On May 25, 2005, I cut off over 3 inches from the back of my hair while just dusting the front. In less than 3 months, all 3+ inches had grown back in the back, but the sides/front has not grown that quickly. :ohwell: So, I wish you the best in achieving your waistlength 'bangs' as I am attempting to do the same thing. :yep:

Last edited:
Hi Renee,
Do you have a picture of your hair you can show us...pleeease? :) My hair in the front actually gorws faster than in the back, but you wouldn't know because it breaks off some because of constantly pulling it back or pulling it too tight.
TIA...
-lisa :cool:

Hi Lisa,

I wish I could trade my slow-growing sides with your fast-growing ones for a while. :grin:

I'm sorry that I don't have any pics to show, yet. I plan on getting a good digital camera (I have a not-so-great one that I would not want to use to start an album). Maybe I will have some pics by the start of next year. :)

renee_n_3000 said:
Hi Lisa,

I wish I could trade my slow-growing sides with your fast-growing ones for a while. :grin:

I'm sorry that I don't have any pics to show, yet. I plan on getting a good digital camera (I have a not-so-great one that I would not want to use to start an album). Maybe I will have some pics by the start of next year. :)

Cool:cool: thanks girl. Can't wait.
Sorry, didn't mean to jack your thread asphyxxia, forgive me...:)

Back