Waist Length in 2010

ImFree27

I'm going to join too. I may or may not make it...I"m in the mid back lenght challenge also...I'm currently BSL..but I"m 5'2 so mbl and wsl is so close...

I will post a pic next week that's when I"m straighten and trim..

I will be:

Washing & DC once a week
Braid in cornrows after wash and then wearing a wig...to retain lenghth. I will do this for the whole year.
Trimming every 3 - 4 months
Moisturizing Daily (Spray bottle - bottle water, conditioner, oil)

winnettag

I saw this cute style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8Fvm6hqM0. The young lady is natural. I tried it yesterday and it's really easy, and somewhat unique.
I want to eventually reach tailbone or classic, I don't really know the difference. I can't quite fathom what I would do after that length though.

Tailbone covers about half of your backside and classic covers your backside completely.
Either is a great accomplishment.
Good luck and HHG!

Attachments

• hair length chart.jpg
    hair length chart.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 67

lolascurls

I'd love to get to HL or even TBL eventually!
I'm striving for WL this next year though and health then I can strive for more! :)

classychic1908

Call me crazy but I'm up for the challenge!! I'm participating in the MBL challenge, and WL is truly a longshot for me this year. I'm BSB and I'm not sure exactly how many inches I need to get to waist. If I retain all my growth there is a possibility that I might graze WL by december. I will be bunning, and low mani all the way!!

Good Luck Ladies!!

Last edited:

angel_tee

Hey :wave:

Can I join? I was in the full waistlength 2009 challenge, but I didnt make it. Hopefully I can this year....

My starting pic is in my siggy.

Last edited:

prettyhair73

I'm down. I'm almost to BPL but hey, why not give it a shot.

Ok ladies; I have been reluctant to start a challenge because I don't know how well I will do keeping up with the thread. I have been waiting for someone else to start something like this but alas my waiting has been in vain :look:.

You don't have to do much, just post how far you are from WL, what you plan to do to reach your goal and then check in periodically to let us know how it is going. It would also be nice if we could post before and afters once we reach our goals. You can post your starting pic in January or wait until you reach WL and post a side by side before and after comparison.

Edited to add: This challenge is open to anyone at anytime. However, no additional names will be added to the official list after December 22. Happy growing ladies!

So I will start.

I am a little less than 6 inches away from WL. I get about the average (.5 inches) growth per month. My goal for 2010 is to retain most if not all of my length and to keep my ends healthy so that I don't have to do a major trim once I get there. I plan to do one minor trim (no more than .5 inches) in June if needed.

To reach my goal I plan to stick with my current regimen:
- Wash and deep condition once a week applying one egg to the DC
- Apply coconut oil as a leave in
- Moisturize twice a day using coconut oil to seal ends
- Henna and indigo once a month
- Wear protective styles 4-5 days a week during the winter
- Low manipulation throughout the year
- Very little heat styling (I am definitely going to straighten in December once I reach my goal but I may also straighten in August for my anniversary if my ends look good).

So who is with me?

Participants:
testimony777
Optimus_Prime
dachsies_rule!
wheezy807
Franscie
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll
theprototype
Mz.MoMo5235
winnettag
TriniStarr
Princess_Teearra
CurlyMoo
brg240
PikiNiki
SmilingElephant
Aviah
PrincessLinzz
Ediese
MsCounsel
Summer79
wavezncurlz
dachsies_rule!
Nightingale
Sweet Charm
lolasmane
joib
mEmYSELFaNDj
elise805
casey3035
SVT
Jewell
Dee Raven
Barbara
hillytmj
ImFree27
PrettyHair73

beauti

ohmygosh! some of you ladies are a wink away from WL! :yep: k, i have updated my siggy, that's my starting length. still working on a regimen... be back for that later :look:

Whimsy

I think I have 7 inches to WL, so I'm going to fake join.
My first goal for 2010 is MBL but I'm going to think long term and hope/pray/try for WL
Plan:
-lots of moisture and DCs
-healthy inside to out
-lots of water
-lots of buns
-4 trims (light trims)
-not too much heat

I'm really just subscribing so I can see how you all do lol

Last edited:

lane

I'd like to join. My hair is the length in my avatar. I think I need about 4-6 more inches to make waistlength. I'm hoping to make MBL by June of next year. Here goes nothing...

crazydaze911

Im in! I was in the midback 2009 challenge and i think i made it BUT im not happy with the thickness of my hair.
My original goal was WSL by March 23, 2010 - i think i can get my V-tip there HOPEFULLY. and i will be REALLY REALLY happy if i can get to thick REAL WSL by December 2010. I'm a slow grower and get about 3 inches a year....im hoping those 3 inches will get me to WSL.
I plan to K.I.SS, cross my fingers, and hope for the best. thats about it - lol - putting too much work in it only frustrates me b/c of my slow growing issue.

tnorenberg

Please add me.:drunk: I hit MBL this year and have about 4- 5 in to go. My goal is to hit WSL by August 2010. My regimine is simple: Deep cond 2x a month, Co-wash 2 -3x a week, Shampoo 1x a week, Oil rinse whenever hair needs it, texlax around 10-12 weeks. Use Amla & Brahmi oils nightly on scalp or through hair. I will start off with a dusting tomorrow.

joyizkey

Hello everybody! I'm in!!!

I am abt 4-5 inches from WL. My starting pic is the middle pic in my siggy!
I am planning to use a weave install as my protective style of choice. I am really excited! I have decided to go the bobraz route with a length very close to the length my hair is now.

I plan on maintaining my hair by a using liquid sulfur mixture on my braids daily.
I will use ACV on a weekly basis to keep my hair and scalp fresh
I plan to wash my braids every 1-2 wks (if I can wait that long)
Deep condition every 2 wks
Redo my install every 3 mths

My ultimate goal is WL, but my first goal is MBL (also joined MBL 2010). I should be MBL by July (I am currently a little past BSL), and expect to be WL by Dec 2010! Super excited! Good luck everyone! :drunk:

Summer79

Been waiting for this thread! I have about 5 or 6 inches until I reach WSL. I think I can do this at somepoint in 2010. I plan to:

-Trim/dust when I need it
-Cowash and put in two braids almost daily in the warmer months
-wash & DC every week or every two weeks during colder months
-stay up on my vitamins (for over all health)
-Wearing my hair up more to maintain length
-keep using castor & coconut oil on a regular basis....my hair seems to dig these two the most
-only use direct heat a few times a year

Mz.MoMo5235

i just wanted to show some of my progress as i was super excited when i did a length check today :D

so, the end of oct a had a bad "trim" that took me from below wl to bsl. this pic was taken a few days after that on 11/6/09

this pic was taken today 12/18/09

i'm so happy with the difference. i cant wait til i hit my goal... again lol
sorry the pix are so big yall, i thought by making them bigger it would be easier to compare the 2

elise805

i just wanted to show some of my progress as i was super excited when i did a length check today :D

so, the end of oct a had a bad "trim" that took me from below wl to bsl. this pic was taken a few days after that on 11/6/09

this pic was taken today 12/18/09

i'm so happy with the difference. i cant wait til i hit my goal... again lol
sorry the pix are so big yall, i thought by making them bigger it would be easier to compare the 2

Congrats on your growth!! You'll hit your goal in 2010 for sure :grin:

Sweet_Ambrosia

I’d like to join. :)
My hair is about 2½ inches away from my natural waist (longest layer--nape) I’m expecting to reach that in March of 2010, then full waist length in July of 2010. I plan to stick with my regimen which basically consists of co-washing, dcing, moisturizing/sealing and protective/low maintenance styling.

Testimony777~ Please add my name to the list. :grin:

Aviah

ACTUALLYYYY!: I took m braids out this week and stretched my hair. I actually have 6 inches to go (bottom layer). WOO!

beauti

ohmygosh! some of you ladies are a wink away from WL! :yep: k, i have updated my siggy, that's my starting length. still working on a regimen... be back for that later :look:
this was actually meant for the MBL challenge! :nuts: i went to the mbl thread and couldnt find my post cause i left it here! :oops: :lachen:......umm....sorry fo the interruption...:look:

winnettag

So I compared my current length to September's length and I didn't retain most of what I grew, which is really disappointing. :sad:
Next year is a fresh start and I'm going to really stay on top of my hair, from the inside AND out.
Here is my starting pic:

Attachments

• Dec 0920.jpg
    Dec 0920.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 47

SVT

I'll probably post a length shot on January 1. Did a cw this evening and the detangling part went very well. Hopefully I can retain a good amount of hair in 2010. :yep:

testimony777

So I compared my current length to September's length and I didn't retain most of what I grew, which is really disappointing. :sad:
Next year is a fresh start and I'm going to really stay on top of my hair, from the inside AND out.
Here is my starting pic:

Your hair is so pretty. It looks like it is just above waits length in your starting shot. You will probably be there before the snow melts :yep:.