~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Moisturized my 8 large twists with AVJ/water/glycerine mix, APB Cupuacu Avocado moisturizer, and sealed with APB Hair & Body butter (which is shea butter). Pinned them back up under my wig till wash day which is Sunday.

I think I'm in the middle of a setback. The last time I had my hair straightened I for heat damage and now every time I wash, I lose more hair than usual. I'm not sure what to do.

I think I'm in the middle of a setback. The last time I had my hair straightened I for heat damage and now every time I wash, I lose more hair than usual. I'm not sure what to do.
Are the hairs broken? Or do you have increased shedding?
For breakage I would:
-incorporate oil rinsing
-increase moisture level through for example DCs
-adopt finger-detangling and avoid combs
-try strengthening agents such as olaplex or protein if moisture doesn't help

Are the hairs broken? Or do you have increased shedding?
For breakage I would:
-incorporate oil rinsing
-increase moisture level through for example DCs
-adopt finger-detangling and avoid combs
-try strengthening agents such as olaplex or protein if moisture doesn't help

Thanks. I definitely think detangling in the shower was a mistake. I think my hair is just weakened and coming out too easily. It doesn't seem like it's breaking.

I joined this challenge but I don't think I have updated in some time. I am around 2 or 3 inches from waist length. I was very close in August but straightened my hair and trimmed a good bit after that. I don't consider it a setback. Instead it lets me know that my hair is growing and that I should be there soon if I keep the straight and narrow. Here's a LC on roller set hair from today. I originally had an expected date of mid year, but I'll give it to year end. I'm enjoying my hair and I wear it up for class/work the vast majority of the time.

26755711_10155094888686643_736310532_n.jpg

I'm officially back in the game, fa real this time. The Shea regimen thread has inspired me--two days in and I'm already experiencing less tangles and knots.

I'm sure I posted this in here before, but 20 inches measuring from my nape is WL on me. I'm currently at about 14 or 15" after my trim 3 weeks ago. I'm straightening in early March and I don't plan on trimming...but we'll see what my ends are looking like, my last trim was on curly hair, so I'm afraid it will look a mess straight. I hope to have 17" by June, and reach WL by March 2019 (accounting for one trim in that time)

Me too. IDK whats going on. Its not breakage but im pulling out clumps of long hair. I straightened by hair early December but I used heat protection. My hair usually sheds alot but not this sort of endless hair. Also its tangling up in small clumps which it normally doesnt do.

Me too. IDK whats going on. Its not breakage but im pulling out clumps of long hair. I straightened by hair early December but I used heat protection. My hair usually sheds alot but not this sort of endless hair. Also its tangling up in small clumps which it normally doesnt do.

I haven't straightened my sl/apl length but (I pray) I'm coming out of a crazy shedding period just like this. After a few washes, the shed hair was endless. Only today did I throw away the palm full of hair I lost from one sitting alone (even after waiting 3 weeks to wash, it was a lot for me). And my hair was abnormally tangling 1-2inches away from my roots. It started to freak me out. I trimmed (well...hacked) I did a scalp exfoliation (1st time), protein treatment, DCd and jumped on the Shea train, and I've been doing the Shea slide:bdance:. I love to lurk here. I should join this thread.

Ok ladies I have my product line up coming together!
1st we have: Hemani Argon Oil (3.99)
2nd in line is: Virgin Black Seed Oils 250ml (19.99)
This was am order. Just happy I got it! NOW!!! I found a Indian grocery store in Columbia SC..... Sooooo, I got a few things.
*Rose Powder $1.99
*Henna (2) $3.50
*Whole Shikakai $2.99
*Brahmi Powder (2) 2.50
*Misha Indigo Powder (100g) $3.99
*Amala Powder (400g) $2.99
*Neem Oil (30ml) $2.49

I'm elated. I wish I could have looked more but my baby was in there running a muck. Smh But it' a start.
I'm open to advise on recipes....please!!!

I would look into a dht blocker shampoo and contact your doctor

Back