Vertical roller placement for curly rollerset

Artemis

Does anyone have pics of how they put their rollers in vertically for like a curly rollerset, or kind of a spiral set? I don't have any flexi-rods, just magnetic rollers, and my hair is SL, so I don't know what size magnetics to try or how to place them in the hair. I only know how to do the mohawk way of rollersetting.

TIA :)

Last edited:
I've always wondered about vertical rollersetting but I've never done it. The other types of rollersetting do a good job of curling the hair IMO.

You can use the small magnetic rollers, perm rods or twistie rods. Just wrap the end papers around the ends, hold the roller diagonally and roll. When you pull the rollers out, just fluff.

I roll a few heads this way. Next time, if one of them allow, I'll take a few pictures for you and post them.

ETA: gotta remember to proof read :wallbash:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm using small magnetic rollers, I was just wondering if ppl rolled the rollers in their hair up and down (vertical), instead of horizontally.

I posted the question b/c I was in the middle of trying it and it looked retarded. :perplexed Some of them (ok, most :ohwell:) were laying diagonally, actually. I didn't a pic of the rollerset. Too ashamed. Will try again.

The turnout is nice though. I'll post pics soon.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm back...I pincurl these for bedtime, right? I'm so clueless. :drunk: I normally wear straight hair in a bun. :yawn:

2007_1214camerapics0007.jpg
2007_1214camerapics0002.jpg

Well, if you really want something to do, you can come up here and do my retouch and help me search and destroy these split ends. :lol:

Does anyone have pics of how they put their rollers in vertically for like a curly rollerset, or kind of a spiral set? I don't have any flexi-rods, just magnetic rollers, and my hair is SL, so I don't know what size magnetics to try or how to place them in the hair. I only know how to do the mohawk way of rollersetting.

TIA :)

Here are pics of how I place my rollers for a spiral set:
9220073.jpg

9220072.jpg

9220071.jpg

I use magnetic rollers with covers; 28, 1" size and 7, 3/4" size around the front hairline. Here's the finished result:
Spiral.jpg

Hope this helps.

ETA: At bedtime, I pincurl and cover with a satin bonnet.

Last edited:
ITA... It is pretty! You did a great job! Did you happend to take pictures of the set before you took the rollers out? I'd really like to see your placement.

No, I didn't :wallbash:

I was disgusted at how it looked, but I'm regretting it now, b/c that's how I can learn to do it better. :ohwell:

I'll describe what I did though...
Basically parted my hair into 4 mohawks, started out rolling back horizontally, then as I reached the back I haphazardly rolled diagonally on the sides. It was bad :nono:. Then in the back center I did the vertical placement.

ETA: I used the beige, yellow, and orange (tiny) rollers...Oh, and I blew out the roots a little so the curls could stretch a little. I think maybe I should try the flat iron next time. Or maybe bigger rollers?? I only have a little bit of hair :lol:

I'll try again next wash day and take pics. *sigh*

Last edited:
Wow, thanks Prospurr! That's pretty :)

Now do you pincurl every tendril of hair, or do you bunch them up and make big pincurls? About how long does it take you to pincurl?

Wow, thanks Prospurr! That's pretty :)

Now do you pincurl every tendril of hair, or do you bunch them up and make big pincurls? About how long does it take you to pincurl?

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

At bedtime, I rub a little water and coconut oil between my palms and lightly massage through hair. Then, starting from the bottom of each tendril, I fold it in (*think* folding in a Slinky toy) about 2 to 3 tendrils at a time, keeping them separate, then pin to my scalp. I use long hairpins that can hold about 3 tendrils at a time. Does that make sense? (Sorry, I don't have any pics of this.) Then I cover with a satin bonnet. The whole process takes about 5 minutes.

This style lasts 6-7 days until my next wash, even though I workout 2-3 days per week.

That is so pretty. You did a great job.

9220073.jpg

9220072.jpg

9220071.jpg

I use magnetic rollers with covers; 28, 1" size and 7, 3/4" size around the front hairline. Here's the finished result:
Spiral.jpg

Hope this helps.

Wow! That looks really nice, Prospur. I think I am going to try, too. For my first set, I'm going to do it just like you, Prospur. If that works out well, then for my second set, I'm going to use rollers of different sizes to see if the curls look more natural. :)

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

At bedtime, I rub a little water and coconut oil between my palms and lightly massage through hair. Then, starting from the bottom of each tendril, I fold it in (*think* folding in a Slinky toy) about 2 to 3 tendrils at a time, keeping them separate, then pin to my scalp. I use long hairpins that can hold about 3 tendrils at a time. Does that make sense? (Sorry, I don't have any pics of this.) Then I cover with a satin bonnet. The whole process takes about 5 minutes.

This style lasts 6-7 days until my next wash, even though I workout 2-3 days per week.

Yeah, I get what your saying. I tried to do it last night and it came out a hot mess, but I pinned them to my head in the opposite direction of how they were curled :nono: I figured it out this morning so maybe I'll get it working better tonight.

How do you keep it fresh even with working out?

I think minimal manipulation is key in helping this style last for the entire week. At night, I moisturize, pincurl and cover. In the morning, I remove covering, shake and go. Of course, the curls are not as fresh looking by day 5 or 6, but it still looks decent enough to wear out.
icon7.gif

Wow! That looks really nice, Prospur. I think I am going to try, too. For my first set, I'm going to do it just like you, Prospur. If that works out well, then for my second set, I'm going to use rollers of different sizes to see if the curls look more natural. :)

Thanks, Lovelylocs. I hope your set comes out great.

9220073.jpg

9220072.jpg

9220071.jpg

Spiral.jpg

Hope this helps.

Simply gorgeous, Prospurr!!

9220073.jpg

9220072.jpg

9220071.jpg

Spiral.jpg

Hope this helps.

Beautiful, just beautiful!

Very nice job! Your hair is progressing so well (and I notice you do like to use that flat iron-hmmmm, where is my FHI? :lachen:)

:lol: Thanks! I was trying to be good and not think a/b my Solia, but blowing out the roots (and therefore creating some fuzz) had me thinking...:sekret:

Solia = :love:

Back