Vegetarians and Hair-Care routine

*Muffin*

This is just a bit of randomness on my part, but I just wanted to know if there were any vegans/vegetarians on this forum and how your way of life ties into how you take care of your hair. Have you noticed any changes in your hair since you went vegan/vegetarian and is it positive or negative? Do you use vegetarian hair care products or is your routine more confined to the things you eat? And do you find that achieving your goals when it comes to your hair growth is easier or harder since you went vegetarian. TIA :).

This is just a bit of randomness on my part, but I just wanted to know if there were any vegans/vegetarians on this forum and how your way of life ties into how you take care of your hair. I honestly don't think that it does at least not a whole lot.

Have you noticed any changes in your hair since you went vegan/vegetarian and is it positive or negative? I haven't noticed any changes.

Do you use vegetarian hair care products or is your routine more confined to the things you eat? It is pretty much limited to the things that I eat. I am aware of what I use and I am more apt to use natural products if they work. When I was vegan, I included everything like, products, clothing, accessories etc.

And do you find that achieving your goals when it comes to your hair growth is easier or harder since you went vegetarian. I don't think that my hair grows any differently. I do know that I feel better and that I am healthier for it.

My skin glows more and i'm not bloated, tierd, or sleepy..But my hair is benefiting too because I work out alot..I just have to make sure I add whey protein to my almond milk in the morning because some days I lack protein. Sometimes I dont feel like eating beans and fish...

This is just a bit of randomness on my part, but I just wanted to know if there were any vegans/vegetarians on this forum and how your way of life ties into how you take care of your hair.
Yep, I'm a vegetarian.

Have you noticed any changes in your hair since you went vegan/vegetarian and is it positive or negative?
I haven't really noticed a change because I've been vegetarian for quite awhile and I'm only sixteen so before that I didn't really care for my hair as much. I also try to eat well, and make sure I get enough protein from other foods.

Do you use vegetarian hair care products or is your routine more confined to the things you eat?
The only thing I do differently is try to eat enough protein.

And do you find that achieving your goals when it comes to your hair growth is easier or harder since you went vegetarian. TIA :).
As I said before I don't really know, but I don't think it's changed much at all. :)

Thank you for all of your responses ladies. Personally I think there is a correlation to eating healthier and the health of your hair, skin, and nails. I do eat meat, but I mainly only eat poultry and fish and I try to eat mostly organic food. I don't like the idea of eating or drinking things that may contain hormones, pesticides, or antibiotics. I have definitely noticed a difference weight wise and skin health wise due to this change in diet, but I'm not sure if it has benefited my hair growth at all. I'm sure it has. Also when it comes to hair care products I buy mostly from organic hair-care lines (like Giovanni, Aubrey, and Hugo Naturals).

You're welcome. Anything I can do to help. Were you considering becoming a veg-head?

Not entirely, but I would like to incorporate more fruits and veggies in my diet and not eat so much meat. I went vegetarian for about a month, and it's actually not as hard as some people may think. I have a cousin who is a full fledged vegan and she gets criticized a lot because of it. Because she's really thin (even though she's always been thin) people don't think she's very healthy. But her hair grows super fast so I was wondering if there was any relation between that and her hair growth. She is caucasian so she may just have a faster growth rate naturally. But I definitely think that people (especially americans) on the whole eat too much meat. I confine myself mostly to fish and poultry and I make sure that it's organic most of the time. I've always had a lot of respect for vegetarians. You ladies stay strong and keep up the good work :).

This is just a bit of randomness on my part, but I just wanted to know if there were any vegans/vegetarians on this forum and how your way of life ties into how you take care of your hair.

Yes~ It doesn't affect how I take care of my hair. I use regular products wether organic or not.

Have you noticed any changes in your hair since you went vegan/vegetarian and is it positive or negative? Absolutely, there is a natural shine and doesn't look so dull. I try to stick with a high protein diet so that helps with hair growth. It shows from the inside out, hair to skin. You are what you eat~:look:

Do you use vegetarian hair care products or is your routine more confined to the things you eat?
No~ Confined to what I eat.

And do you find that achieving your goals when it comes to your hair growth is easier or harder since you went vegetarian.

I'm not sure about faster because my hair has always grown pretty fast, but the difference I notice is my hair is healthier. Your hair can grow a lightning speed but if you dont retain the length you loose progress.

Thanks for starting this thread Muffin!

I've been contemplating going vegetarian, and I was actually concerned my hair would suffer from lack of protein (even though I pretty much limit it to fish and chicken).

I did pick up some whey protein and almond milk from Whole Foods last week, but I have yet to incorporate it.

Thanks for starting this thread Muffin!

I've been contemplating going vegetarian, and I was actually concerned my hair would suffer from lack of protein (even though I pretty much limit it to fish and chicken).

I did pick up some whey protein and almond milk from Whole Foods last week, but I have yet to incorporate it.

You can get protein from other sources like soy and veggies.

Pesicatarian (one who eats fish). I am not considered a vegetarian because I eat fish. When I first stopped eating pork, beef, 14 years ago, everything was cool, then i eventually cut chicken out, then turkey and only ate fish here and there. Over these past couple of years I was trying to figurw out why I had thesebald spots in the back of my head as well as why my hair did not feel healthy overall. Girl comes to find out I did not have enough protein in my diet and just found that out in August when I went to the hair shop. so now that I have been doing protein shakes, and eating more eggs, and making sure that I eat a lot of beans and vege products that have lots of protein, my bald spots are filling in. So I would say that one must eat a lot of protein to stay healthy. I noticed 14 years ago that I felt lighter.

Back