Using cheapie conditioners as a leave in...

Odd One

Is anyone doing this?

Im looking for a new leave-in, most likely a creamy one. Oh and CHEAP! (i cowash almost everyday...)

So I was wondering if any of you ladies used a rinse out conditioner as a leave in...

If you do : which ones? how are the results? whats your hairtype and are your relaxed or natural?

Thx a lot for answering:grin:

Yea sometimes I leave my Suave Coconut Conditioner in. I leave my Tressemme in and my Aussie Moist Conditioner in as well. I have not had a problem with it.

ETA: I am Natural and my hair type is ugghh a combo of 3b-4a

I'm relaxed and I use condish all the time as a leave in, but only when I'm bunning or doing a twistout. For twistouts, I slap some condish on each section before twisting, along with a little mousse. When I wear my hair out the next day, it feels soooo moist and healthy all day. I've used Suave (coconut, tangerine mandarin, aloe & water lily, pretty much any scent :yep:) and V05 (moisture milks). But my fave to use is Herbal Essences Citrus Lift (it's been discontinued and now I can only find it at big lots :ohwell:)

Every now and then I'll use Suave Coconut as a leave-in in the shower on soaking wet hair. But that's only if I plan on wearing my hair in a protective style, like double buns or pinned up twists. I don't think I've tried it with an "out" style (except back in the day when I had a TWA and SC was basically my only leave in after cowashing daily).

I use suave coconut as a leave in but I also use so herbal essence too but not as often. The suave conditioner line is usually all I use for a leave in now.

Suave Professionals Humectant and Biobasics conditioners from the 99 Cents Store are excellent, but I haven't used them as a leave in.

I tried Humectant as a deep conditioner without heat before I washed my hair, and it was good, so I know it will be good as a leave in. I was really impressed.

Last edited:
Back