Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge? To see if sticking with mostly one product line gives me better and consistent results(it's been working so far:yep:)

Shampoos
Ion Hard Water ShampooStaple
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo(classic)Staple

Reconstructors
Nairobi Prota-sil NOT REPURCHASING
Ultrasheen Duo TexStaple

Deep Conditioners
Keracare HumectoStapleEditing to say this is not a staple, and I won't repurchase:lol:. It just doesn't seem to be working the same.

Leave ins
Keracare NOT REPURCHASING
Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea NOT REPURCHASING

Moisturizer
Keracare with Jojoba Oil NOT REPURCHASING

Oils
Hot Six Oil

Styling Products
Chi Silk InfusionNOT REPURCHASING tired of the smell

I wish I could start over from scratch *sigh*
don't be suprised if you eventually see some of this for sale or to give away.

Last edited:
Session 3 - September 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

***GONE

Shampoo
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo
I have found my staples for this area: CON-Green and Suave Clarifying

Conditioner
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner
Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol
ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Pack
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Pack
**Goal is to have 4 conditioners (2-3 DC's and 1 to cowash with)

Leave-In/Moisturizer
(Jamaican Fruit) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
(Lemon Grass) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Mizani Coconut Souffle
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment
Design Essentials HCO Leave-In Conditioner and Blow Drying Lotion
Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Creme (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (sample)
**Goal is to have 4 leave- ins IDKY :look:

Oil
I have found my staples for this area: JBCO, 1 ceramide, and EVCO.

Other
CHI Silk Infusion
ORS Edge Control
got2b glued SPIKING GLUE
Beyond The Zone- Turn Up The Heat Spray
GVP Shaping Spray Plus (Sebastian)
EcoStyler Gel (always will have at least 1 of these)
Nexxus Emergencee

:grin:Wish List/Buy Again:grin:
WEN Summer Mango Coconut
WEN Six Thirteen Cleansing Treatment
Shea Moisture
Cantu SheaButter
As I Am - Moisture Milk
Mane n' Tail Detangler
-------------------------------------------------------------
Aussie 3 min Miracle
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Aussie Moist/Herbal Essence Conditioner

Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner is GONE!!!!!!

Still working on this endless jar of E QP Mango Butter not sure if ill repurchase if I do it will be after I've used up a few more moisturizers

Thinking of putting together a natural kit for my niece. Everytime I talk to her, she makes a comment about my hair and how she wishes hers was like it. When I left New Orleans, she had just BC'd and had a TWA. At the time,she wasn't taking care of it at all. Even my nephew told me all the crap she does to her hair lol. Totally called her out on it. So when I go home next week, I'm gonna sit down with her and work on a reggie. Find out what she feels comfortable with doing to her hair and how she likes to wear it. When I get back, I'll go through my stash and hook her up.

I had to use my 1 product pass this weekends. Couldn't find my heat protectant.. I got this protectant probably no one ever heard of it .. its the best heat protectant I ever used. Most of the time everything I buy is the exact same as the last protectant.

I had to use my 1 product pass this weekends. Couldn't find my heat protectant.. I got this protectant probably no one ever heard of it .. its the best heat protectant I ever used. Most of the time everything I buy is the exact same as the last protectant.

I wish you were my neighbor I currently have 4 unopened heat protectants that I will probably never use. They'll be on my give away basket when I finish going thru my stash to see what I no longer need. Ill just hold onto one just in case I loose my mind and decide to flat iron or blow fry!

I'm about to become a serious hair snob. My hair likes when I spend a little more on her. I'm done buying cheapies from my conditioners to my oils and my cleansers. From now on she gets nothing but the best :)

I'm about to become a serious hair snob. My hair likes when I spend a little more on her. I'm done buying cheapies from my conditioners to my oils and my cleansers. From now on she gets nothing but the best :)

This has been my hair as well. Mz. Afro Thunderstorm {that's my hair's name} got super saddity earlier this year when I decided to add color to her and keep it that way. I feel some kind of way spending $10 on a shampoo, but that's the only thing that seems to keep her happy. I'm waiting on another sale at Ulta so I can stock up on liter size of her now beloved Redken.

This has been my hair as well. Mz. Afro Thunderstorm {that's my hair's name} got super saddity earlier this year when I decided to add color to her and keep it that way. I feel some kind of way spending $10 on a shampoo, but that's the only thing that seems to keep her happy. I'm waiting on another sale at Ulta so I can stock up on liter size of her now beloved Redken.

Not sure if I'm going to use up or give away my cheapies Ive doing a lot of reading and research and I want to be using the best products to reach my goals. I'm actually afraid of trying my KeraStase products in fear that I will love them to much. I finally tried SD Vanilla Silk last night and I'm totally in love I will definitely be repurchasing that!

1. What do I hope to Accomplish: I am going to cut my stash in half

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories. I think I got them all but I can't be 100% sure

Shampoos
1. Terresential Mud Wash (Lavender)
2. Phyto sensitive scalp
3. Ginger (3 bottles)
4. Go Moist
5. Phyto growth
6. Phitosaint
7. 20 -30 Shampoo bars

Conditioners
1. Claudies Mango(staple) -
2. Komaza (all of them) 5 bottles/jars
3. KBB Luscious Locks (staple)
4. Marie Dean (various) 7 jars
5. Mozeke Carrot
6. Claudie's Reconstrutor
7. Morocco
8. Phyto used
9. SSI reconstructor
10. Claudies Protein creme
11. Claudies Protein liquid
12 Claudie's mask

Leave-Ins/Moisturizer
1. Mozeke Grape 3 bottles
2. Komaza (all) 4 bottles and samples
3. Shea Moisture Mist
4. Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier (2)
5. Morocco curl cream
6. CJ cocoa
7. Afroveda sample set
8. Ella Jelly
9. Ambrosia
10. QB AP

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
1. B&B Supergrow
4. Grease 15 jars
6. Butters/oils 15 jars
7. Coffee butter Oil Home made
9. Safi Coil Latte
10. Zipporah Delight My Hair Creme
11. Hairitage Hydration avocado cloud
17. Claudie's Grandma Louise Pomade

Styling products
1. Jane Carter Spritz
2. Wax 7 jars
5. IC Heat protectant
6. Nioxin Heat Protectant
7. Morocco gel

Growth Aids
1. Komaza Used
2. Bee Mine
3. Claudies
4. Camile Rose
5. Kyra Alexander
6. Tiiva's

Staples (Not Included In Stash Count)
Claudies Mango
L'occotaine Dandruff Shampoo
Royal Crown
Shima Shampoo
Castor oil
Coconut oil
Emu oil
Tancho stick or edge control
Pine Tar
Various Herbal Teas and essential oils
Ayurvedeave ins, and butters
Bobeam Shampoo Bars (staple)

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash" Here is half my Stash

4. What are your goal(s) for the session
My goal is to utilize some of the many products I have, and reduce my stash accordingly. Considering the size of my stash, if I could use the following products this session I would be happy.
1. Komaza Califa leave in
2. Komaza leave in
3. Tancho Stick
4. MT mix
5. Komaza Califa butter
6. Komaza Moku Butter
7. Claudie's end's 1
8. Claudies Tropical rinse
9. Claudies Ends 2
10. Claudies Quinoa 2
11. My sample drawer
12. Komaza Muku oil
13. Homemade Coffee oil
14. Phyto Shampoo sensitive scalp
15. Claudies Mango Rinse
16. Safi Coffee Butter
17. Oyin Berry Pomade
18. Claudie Reconstructor

I diluted what was left of the Hello Hydration and put it in my daughter's spray bottle to detangle her hair on wash day. I could have thrown the bottle out but wanted to get every mL out. :look: So, technically, the Hello Hydration isn't completely gone but the bottle is. :yup: Does that count? :lol:

I diluted what was left of the Hello Hydration and put it in my daughter's spray bottle to detangle her hair on wash day. I could have thrown the bottle out but wanted to get every mL out. :look: So, technically, the Hello Hydration isn't completely gone but the bottle is. :yup: Does that count? :lol:

I usually count that as gone. I try not to get too technical. :yep:

When I get to the end of the conditioner, I will hold onto the bottle. I remove it from my stash at this point. Then the next wash day I put water in it, shake it up and pour it on my hair. :yep:

I made the decision of getting rid of all the products i won't be using/dislike ,the majority of them have been sold on ebay or thrown away (oil sheen +profectiv mask) ,my stash is looking lovely right now ,lol .Mainly Kbb ,Claudie s and JC .i have other more commercial stuff to finish/sell but overall i'm doing really well

Seamonster Your list got me excited ! I WANT AAAALLLL LMAO

Last edited:
I made the decision of getting rid of all the products i won't be using/dislike ,the majority of them have been sold on ebay or thrown away (oil sheen +profectiv mask) ,my stash is looking lovely right now ,lol .Mainly Kbb ,Claudie s and JC .i have other more commercial stuff to finish/sell but overall i'm doing really well

Seamonster Your list got me excited ! I WANT AAAALLLL LMAO

I am also reorganizing my stash today getting rid (giving away) stuff I wont be using and placing my stash in order of products that actually do stuff for the hair @the top) and products that have inferior ingredients at the bottom

I am going into hair hibernation, so my usage maybe slow. I am hoping to use up most of my moisturizers.
I will be taking my hair down every 2 weeks to wash, DC, and rebraid.

I do spray my hair 2x daily with my spray moisturizer and seal with something. I will be applying my JBCO to my scalp.

I will be in and out of here checking on yall, but school is getting hectic so this is the only way for me to keep my hair on my head until I graduate in Decemeber.

Not sure if I'm going to use up or give away my cheapies Ive doing a lot of reading and research and I want to be using the best products to reach my goals. I'm actually afraid of trying my KeraStase products in fear that I will love them to much. I finally tried SD Vanilla Silk last night and I'm totally in love I will definitely be repurchasing that!

Oh okay. I understand that too. I'm going to still use my cheap products too (because I am a cheap person lol). But it seems my hair can definitely tell the difference between even cheapie products. For example, a $1 bottle of Suave Naturals gets no love from my hair. But let me put a couple more dollars to get the $5 family sized Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint. It'll be like heaven.

faithVA said:
I usually count that as gone. I try not to get too technical. :yep:

When I get to the end of the conditioner, I will hold onto the bottle. I remove it from my stash at this point. Then the next wash day I put water in it, shake it up and pour it on my hair. :yep:

I did that with the Suave Humectant last week. It was to be my final rinse. There may have been
more conditioner than I thought or not enough water but I like the idea.

I just feel like throwing everything away and just doing an Internet haul. I don't wanna try to make these products work. I just want products that are good from jump. Thank goodness I don't have the money to pay all that blasted shipping.

End rant. :look:

[USER=22 said:
daviine[/USER];16877899]I just feel like throwing everything away and just doing an Internet haul. I don't wanna try to make these products work. I just want products that are good from jump. Thank goodness I don't have the money to pay all that blasted shipping.

End rant. :look:

Maybe allow yourself to try 1 new product a month. That way you are buying a lot of different things and they still don't work. Then you end up with an even bigger stash.

Even when I have products that don't work, I can learn a lot about my technique by using them.

:bighug:

Haven't bought anything new, or used anything up :)
I guess I haven't done much :giggle:
HUH, tired.... and I have four papers due next week :nono:
HUH, doing this and helping Mr. get back into school, he is a returning student and will be done before me, so I want him in like flin.

faithVA said:
Maybe allow yourself to try 1 new product a month. That way you are buying a lot of different things and they still don't work. Then you end up with an even bigger stash.

Even when I have products that don't work, I can learn a lot about my technique by using them.

:bighug:

Thanks for the hug. You're right. It's just frustrating when I haven't really figured out staples. I'll try products that can be purchased locally and returned first.

Finished marie dean lemon mousse sample, finally finished the last of Claudies moisturizing quinoa, ends 1, and oyin bsp. Very happy they lasted so long.

I ordered 3 Curls Unleashed a few days ago as I needed a new moisturizer as my hair is growing out :yep:. My homemade moisturizer was not working so well and Curls Unleashed is now a HG product for me.

My DD finished a jar of her daily moisturizer, I finished all 3 Sally Proclaim Masques and one Miss Jessie's 8 oz Curly Pudding.

Back