Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 1

Welcome everyone, I hope I have added everyone todate if not please let me know.
@B_Phlyy just woosah woosah no products gotta reduce stash :meditate: :meditate:

I had about one more use out of my Taliah Waajid shampoo. I just tossed it. It made my hair kind of dry last time which is abnormal cause most shampoos don't dry out my hair. Even ones with sulfates. Go figure.

Finally opened up a new conditioner in 2012.

I threw out the peppermint and Rosemary essential oil. My SO hated the smell. I wanted to give it away, but it can only be sent UPS or FedEx Ground, which makes it cost prohibitive.

Used up the last of my Sunsilk color conditioner and the remnants of a bottle of John Freida color glaze.

I'm In. I want to make sure I keep my stash under control.

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
Want to keep my stash under control. I like monitoring my purchases.

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories.

Shampoos
1. Terresential Mud Wash (Lemon)
2. Terresential Mud Wash (Lavender)

Conditioners
1. AO White Camellia - 2 bottles
2. AO GPB (staple) - 3 bottles
3. Taliah Waajid Herbal Conditioner
4. Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque (4/23)
5. Giovanni Smooth as Silk (4/23)
6. Deva Curl One Conditioner (4/23)
7. Nubian Heritage Hemp Growth/Strength Masque (4/28)

Leave-Ins/Moisturizer
1. Shea Moisture Smoothie (4/23)
2. S Curl (4/23)
3. Sta Sof fro (4/23)
4. Hawaiin Silky (4/23)
5. Shea Moisture Growth Milk (4/23)
6. Shea Moisture Mist (4/23)
7. Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier (2) (4/23)

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
1. JBCO
2. Castor Oil blend (2- bottles)
3. Shea Butter/Cocoa Butter oil mix
4. Babyganics Unpetroleum Jelly - 2 jars
5. Coconut oil
6. Olive Oil
7. HBCO

Styling products
1. KCCC
2. Nourish & Shine

Starting Count: 20
Current Count: 32
Ending Count : ?

Used:
1 Shea Moisture Smoothie (1/13/12)
2. AO Blue Chamomile (1/23/2012)
3. Zuresh Leave-in Conditioner (1/23/2012)
4. D Thomas Black Seed Oil Conditioner (2/28/2012)
5. Sunflower oil (3/2/2012)
6. Castor oil (3/2/2012)
7. SM Milk (3/29/2012)
8. AO White Cameilia (3/29/2012)
9. Zuresh Get It Wet (4/1/2012) - threw it out.
10. Jojoba oil (4/2/2012) - used to make bath oil
11. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Mist (4/15/2012)
12. Shea Moisture Smoothie 4/17/2012 - Trashed
13. Flax Seed Oil 4/17/2012 - Relegated to bath oil
14. Wheat Germ 4/17/2012 - Relegated to bath oil
15. Terresentials Mudwash - 4/21/2012
16. Nature's Gate Chamomile Conditioner - Threw out remainder 4/24/2012
17. Joie Natural Gel

4. GOALS
To keep my stash under control by staying aware of my purchases and my usage.

Last edited:
Welcome faithVA

LaidBak you are killing it in here. I want to be just like you. Using up this stuff.

Ladies I must confess, for my Bday which is Wednesday I have ordered Wen Vanilla Mint and Dudleys Hair rebuilder.

2 out of the 6 allowed products for the year have been used

I am good for the long haul now :)

I seperated a my boxes of products into Protein/moisture/ OTHER. :nono:

Shame shame shame I don't wanna go to BSS no more more more
There is a big conditioner at the door door door
If you put in my cart girl I'm gonna hollah
I don't want to go to the BSS no more more more!

HUH okay I am clear now :giggle:

Since it double post I might as well use this space for something else.

The following products are ones I really need to put a Dent in:

• Aphogee 2 minute
  • Nexxus Emergencee x 4 :nono:
  • ORS Replenishing Paks X 12
  • Kerapro Treatment for dry hair - x 2
  • Hair Ones x 3
  • Designer touch Gel
  • CHI Keratin Mist
Since I am transitioning the protein in house is definitely going to good use :) keeping my hair strong.

Last edited:
I'm giving away (2) Herbal Essence LTR today. I'm thinking of getting rid of the Biosilk. I bought it as a heat protectant - which it is not - so what's the point?

BEAUTYU2U that sounds awesome, right before the years end I gave away a box of stuff, sold off some things. I still have a lot left but I think by years end I should have this under control :)

@BEAUTYU2U that sounds awesome, right before the years end I gave away a box of stuff, sold off some things. I still have a lot left but I think by years end I should have this under control :)

Thanks, I ended up giving up all three bottles of HE LTR, the Biosilk, and the 8 oz. of Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner. I consider the Dove another HG/staple but I already have a huge bottle of it and I want to use that so I can see if my hair "adapts" to it.

Used up the Shea Moisture shampoo and some VS conditioner. I also combined the two Queen Helene Cholesterols into one big jar.

Used up my Shea Moisture Smoothie and have started on Shea Moisture Milk. And I DCd yesterday and I have a feeling I am going to go through a bottle of condish a month :nono: But my hair feels better.

I purchased a extra large bottle of Terresentials Left Coast Lemon mudwash and a regular bottle of Terresentials Lavendar mud wash.

I also purchased Babyganics Unpetroleum Jelly for sealing. But I found out it was supposed to be a buy one get one, so I went back today and picked up my 2nd jar. :yay: This should last me for a long, long time. :yep:

awesome job ladies. KUTGW :) :woot:
I used up one pack of ORS

Not much, I have several things on it's last leg, :) But still way to much in my possession :)

I am excited about the things that are almost gone, gotta whittle down that stash by 2012 December 31st :)

Last edited:
I am so ready for this week because I will be 12 weeks post so that means its time to relax, use Aphogee 2 min, do a major DC (moisture) <------using products. And I will be bunning for a while bc I have been wearing a wig for quite some time now and I miss my hair.

I updated my stash because I sold some items. Still a long way to go. I sold my Qhemet Biologics CTDG and the twist butter. I also sold the Aubrey Organics stuff and I gave away jbco hair food and CON argan oil leave in. I do have a couple of items pending sales.

LaidBak, your hair is going to be fabulously conditioned and moisturized the way you're running thru this challenge (lol) You're good.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

SLOOOOOOWWWWLY eating away at quite a few products right now. 2 moisturizers, BRX spray, Hot 6 oil, and Suave Humectant condish.

Well I relaxed so its on and popping NOW!
One of my moisturizer will be out in a sec....

Finished up Blue Chamomile conditioner. I would repurchase this if I didn't find the White Camellia. It works well as a moisturizing conditioner for my hair. Also finished up the Zuresh Leave-in. Will not repurchase this product. It smells perfumy and I am quickly finding ways to moisturize my hair with products I can get locally.

I am slowly narrowing down my new staples.
Shampoo - Mudwash (lemon or lavender)
Conditioner - AO While Camellia (moisturizing), GPB (protein/moisture balance)
Oil - Sunflower.
Leave-in - I am still working on this. I am finding I can use many things as a leave-in. This is going to come down to preference.
Sealant - I am trying out the unpetroleum jelly. I am leaning towards this but need to keep using it.

I was thinking about purchases, and I can't think of a thing I want to try. :yay: Glad to be at this point.

Now I want to focus on using up things I don't want to repurchase like the Black Seed Oil conditioner, the Joie Natural Gel. I need to see if I like the Nourish and Shine.

Having fun using up products and my hair is thanking me for getting rid of junk. :yep:

I updated the list because I used some stuff up. I am using some of this stuff on my body as well, especially those that do not work for my hair - heavy butters- or that I cannot fit into my regimen at this time - shampoo bars as I have decided to use Terressentials alone for the next few months and see how it performs. I am also using lighter oils more regularly this winter to seal, steam with or add to DCs and that has been working out well for me.

I am finding that as my stash is coming down I am getting less wasteful. It is easy for me to be wasteful when I see and get overwhelmed by shelves full of products. I love this challenge. I have not bought a thing and the one thing I want to get is not on the market yet, but I'll hold strong regardless :lol:.

I sold Megatek, tangle-teezer, used up Bee Mine juicy spritz, and used up the pack of CON argan oil intensive conditioner.

I will be going back to cowashing to get some of these quick conditioners.....

I will be starting with the Aussie Moist Conditioner on Tuesdays
And hopefully I can do a henna session on 2/4 that way I can knock out that Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner

Back