Use to keep hair separated when washing?

Holla

Lots of ladies wash their hair in sections. What do you use to keep your hair separated when washing it under running water? clips, bands, braids, etc.?

My hair ususally separates when I braid it and don't add anything to the end of the braid. When I add ponytail holders, they take too long to take out and they are bulky looking on my ends.

I just do about 10 braids with nothing on the ends. If they unravel a bit on the ends its no biggie

I just wash my hair in two sections using claw clips...I used to do more sections but now that my hair is almost mid back length it's easier that way...

20120916133817796.JPG

I use everything :lol: because my hair is short.

I use croc clips, the clips Philippians413 posted. I also use Good Ouchless flex barrettes which are my favorite but I broke most of those and they don't sell them any more. And I use the goody ouchless barrettes.

I've tried a lot of different things. I always on the lookout for something great that will hold my hair.

Either pastel plastic claw clips (BSS) or croc clips (Sally's).

I've used duckbill clips (BSS or Sally's) but I tend to snag my hair with those for some random reason so I phased them out.

I use the plastic claw clips. the big fat ones though. Sometimes I twirl/coil/bantu knot my hair and then clip it so it'll stay a bit more stretched.

I wash & condition my hair in 4 sections and I use barrettes & clips to hold in place

Normally, I do not use anything I wash my hair in 8-10 sections. However, sometimes I will use croc clips to pin one area of hair out of the way while I'm working on the section underneath.

I always thought people were doing individual plaits when sectioning their hair to wash. I didn't realize some were sectioning with clips but not plaiting or two-strand twisting the hair as well. That would save time if I didn't have to retwist each section in the shower with my final rinse.

I wash & condition my hair in 4 sections and I use barrettes & clips to hold in place

I thought about using children's barrettes on my ends. Glad you mentioned this as well. :look:

I always thought people were doing individual plaits when sectioning their hair to wash. I didn't realize some were sectioning with clips but not plaiting or two-strand twisting the hair as well. That would save time if I didn't have to retwist each section in the shower with my final rinse.

I thought about using children's barrettes on my ends. Glad you mentioned this as well. :look:

I think it varies with a few things like how much a persons hair tangles and when they detangle. If you detangle before your final rinse, then you may want to put your hair in plaits or twists so you don't have to do it again.

I use clips until I put in my DC. After applying my DC, I detangle and put in flat twists. I just rinse my hair in flat twists. My hair is to short to braid or 2 strand twist for it to really work.

It really is what works for you. The barrettes on the ends work as well.

I use braids with tiny rubber bands on the ends. Anything other than braids results in a tangled mess with my transitioning hair.

I don't wash in sections. I wash it all together as one section. I wash it in multiple sections it gets tangled up. Hair from the different sections cross over & mixed up. And the braids of the braided sections unravel when they get wet. I tried clips but they get stuck or snag. I just got issues.... Lol. :spinning:

When my hair was longer I would wash my hair in sections using clips or braids (loose near the root to allow me to massage my scalp) - Other times I would wash loose just to get it over with & then rush to section my hair before it dried :look:

My hair is currently too short to section, but I will probably do the same thing I did before when the time comes

I also purchased some sprAngz recently (they had a sale over the holidays) - I'm really excited to try them during wash sessions and keep them in while my hair dries to keep it stretched. They are weighted, so in theory they should keep the hair sectioned and stretched like banding/braiding without leaving the marks on your hair and allowing air to circulate better.... We shall see when my hair gets longer :yep:

I purchased the Classic set of Black ones - you get 10 for $20

Here is the official site:
http://www.sprangz.com/#!sprangz/c1jn5

Here is the trailer briefly showing how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qomTdnP5840

Anybody else tried sprAnz? The few YouTube reviews look promising...

Last edited:
I use ouchless barettes. Got the idea from Kimmaytube a while back. I secure them loosely not quite at the roots, a little away from them. These have saved my life I ordered a lot of them from EBay.

I had to step away from claw clips, they were starting to snag my hair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 10
[USER=24745 said:
NappyRina[/USER];19754119]When my hair was longer I would wash my hair in sections using clips or braid (loose near the root to allow me to massage my scalp) - Other times I would wash loose to get it over with & then rush to section my hair before it dried :look:

My hair is currently too short to section, but I will probably do the same thing I did before when the time comes

I also purchased some sprAngz recently (they had a sale over the holidays) - I'm really excited to try them during wash sessions and keep them in while my hair dries to keep it stretched. They are weighted, so in theory they should keep the hair sectioned and stretched like banding/braiding without leaving the marks on your hair and allowing air to circulate better.... We shall see when my hair gets longer :yep:

Please let me know how you like the Sprangz. I didn't realize you got 10 for 20. I think that is a good deal. I can barely get barrettes for that price. I also didn't realize she had expanded her line so much.

After I break all of these croc clips I may buy a set :lol:

Please let me know how you like the Sprangz. I didn't realize you got 10 for 20. I think that is a good deal. I can barely get barrettes for that price. I also didn't realize she had expanded her line so much.

After I break all of these croc clips I may buy a set :lol:

faithVA

I'll definitely update when I try them but it will be while (I only have about 1-2 inches right now LOL) :drunk:

Her line looks great ... I think she needs to advertise more because a lot of naturals don't know about her products ... maybe she doesn't have the inventory/support to go big at the moment ... but I know that I will be telling err'body about these sprAngz if they end up working for me though :yep:

When my hair was longer I would wash my hair in sections using clips or braids (loose near the root to allow me to massage my scalp) - Other times I would wash loose just to get it over with & then rush to section my hair before it dried :look:

I bought two packs last year and promptly sold them. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get them on my hair and stay. My hands were slippery and wet, so they kept sliding off. I do know a natural who has had great success with them. Really elongates her hair when wearing her WnG.

Last edited:
faithVA

I'll definitely update when I try them but it will be while (I only have about 1-2 inches right now LOL) :drunk:

Her line looks great ... I think she needs to advertise more because a lot of naturals don't know about her products ... maybe she doesn't have the inventory/support to go big at the moment ... but I know that I will be telling err'body about these sprAngz if they end up working for me though :yep:

Yes you do have a while :lol: Ok, well maybe when I get a few more inches I will try it. My hair is only 4 to 6 inches and that is still to short to make them useful. I will keep them in mind. By the time I do get to them, maybe she will have something better out or someone will sell them on the exchange forum.

I bought two packs last year and promptly sold them. I could figure out for the life of me how to get them on my hair and stay. My hands were slippery and wet, so they kept sliding off. I do know a natural who has had great success with them. Really elongates her hair when wearing her WnG.

shawnyblazes

I thought about this too and saw a video where this girl talks about the learning curve to putting them on correctly & then you are good to go ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUX0QyWKiA

Back