Update on my mother...

PoeticJustice

As some of you ladies know and graciously accepted my prayer request for my mother had what we thought was a colitis attack on 6-20-05. It wasn't her colitis acting up but actually the doctors ran some tests and discovered a mass on her kidney. After even further testing today it has been determined that it is cancer. Her kidney will need to be removed completely. Along with removing her kidney, the doctors will have to see if the cancer spread to the uretha and make sure there's no infection in her bladder.

All in all, my mother is in good spirits and already made it known that this is not threatening in her eyes because she will not be defeated. We thank God that this was caught early enough. My family is all in agreement and claim total healing by His stripes but I am reaching out to my extended LHCF family for support and prayers for my mother so we can move this mountain. Thank you ladies and God bless.

ETA: Update on surgery 7-15-05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi ladies,
I wanted to give you all an update on my mother. I posted in the prayer request thread as she under went surgery. The doctors removed her right kidney yesterday and she lost only 3 tablespoons of blood (not alot at all, right )

The best part is the doctors did more testing a few days including a biopsy before the surgery to see if the cancer had spread or any infections in her uretha or bladder. And there were NO signs of any cancer!!!!! She will not need any chemo or radiation!!! :woot: :clap:

Surgery went well and she is resting comfortably. The doctors and nurses are making sure she's not it alot of pain. God is sooo good and has truly smiled down on my mother. Thank you ladies for the prayers and the support!!! God bless. :kiss:

Last edited:

BabeinChrist

I will pray for your mother. Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery and tell her to continue to trust in our Father.

sb44

I hope you, your family and your mother stay strong. I have seen my own miracle with my mother. I KNOW He hears our prayers. Two months ago my mother's doctor told me my mother would never be any better than she was -- unable to walk without falling down, sight and hearing failing, seizures, pain all over her body, unable to concentrate or string together a sensible sentence. My mother now walks (without her walker!) and will re-start her exercise program tomorrow! Her vision is clearing and her hearing improving. She has not had a seizure in two months and she is pain free for the first time in 20 years! I used to think those kinds of miracles were for "other people" or they couldn't happen for me, but I held fast in my faith and He did not disappoint me. I KNOW she will continue to improve and prove those doctors wrong! I KNEW it would happen when I heard God speak to me one night, just before I fell asleep. (If anyone would have told me THAT would happen, I never would have believed it!) He told me what was wrong and how to fix it. All I had to do was trust in him and lo and behold it happened! It has been slow progress (if you can call two months slow!), but it has been steady. Every day there is a new improvement, some small... some big. My mother's tear ducts haven't worked for 8 years. The other day, out of the blue she shed a tear! For eight years, since she had a stroke, she had no feeling on the left side, yet this evening she could feel when I put her ear drops in her left ear! He loves and cares for ALL of us. All we have to do is believe in Him and trust in his mercy!

PoeticJustice

BabeinChrist said:
I will pray for your mother. Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery and tell her to continue to trust in our Father.

Thank you for the well wishes BabeinChrist. God bless

PoeticJustice

sb44 said:
I hope you, your family and your mother stay strong. I have seen my own miracle with my mother. I KNOW He hears our prayers. Two months ago my mother's doctor told me my mother would never be any better than she was -- unable to walk without falling down, sight and hearing failing, seizures, pain all over her body, unable to concentrate or string together a sensible sentence. My mother now walks (without her walker!) and will re-start her exercise program tomorrow! Her vision is clearing and her hearing improving. She has not had a seizure in two months and she is pain free for the first time in 20 years! I used to think those kinds of miracles were for "other people" or they couldn't happen for me, but I held fast in my faith and He did not disappoint me. I KNOW she will continue to improve and prove those doctors wrong! I KNEW it would happen when I heard God speak to me one night, just before I fell asleep. (If anyone would have told me THAT would happen, I never would have believed it!) He told me what was wrong and how to fix it. All I had to do was trust in him and lo and behold it happened! It has been slow progress (if you can call two months slow!), but it has been steady. Every day there is a new improvement, some small... some big. My mother's tear ducts haven't worked for 8 years. The other day, out of the blue she shed a tear! For eight years, since she had a stroke, she had no feeling on the left side, yet this evening she could feel when I put her ear drops in her left ear! He loves and cares for ALL of us. All we have to do is believe in Him and trust in his mercy!

Ok Sb44, you got me crying at my desk early this morning, but their happy tears. Hearing your testimony was just what I needed. We will continue to stay strong and I am so happy to hear your mother pulling through like she has. God is so good and you're right, He loves us all and only gives us what we can handle. God bless.

sb44

I'm glad my message could help! It's funny... since I joined this board, your messages are the only ones I seem to be able to have useful input on! I'll take that as a sign that God put me here to try to help you along!! :)

Allandra

Justicewifey said:
As some of you ladies know and graciously accepted my prayer request for my mother had what we thought was a colitis attack on 6-20-05. It wasn't her colitis acting up but actually the doctors ran some tests and discovered a mass on her kidney. After even further testing today it has been determined that it is cancer. Her kidney will need to be removed completely. Along with removing her kidney, the doctors will have to see if the cancer spread to the uretha and make sure there's no infection in her bladder.

All in all, my mother is in good spirits and already made it known that this is not threatening in her eyes because she will not be defeated. We thank God that this was caught early enough. My family is all in agreement and claim total healing by His stripes but I am reaching out to my extended LHCF family for support and prayers for my mother so we can move this mountain. Thank you ladies and God bless.
I'm glad to learn that your mother is in good spirits - this put a smile on my face. You know you have my support!

PoeticJustice

sb44 said:
I'm glad my message could help! It's funny... since I joined this board, your messages are the only ones I seem to be able to have useful input on! I'll take that as a sign that God put me here to try to help you along!! :)

I think you are right! I was thinking the same thing as I was reading it. Thank you so much for being there :kiss:

PoeticJustice

Allandra said:
I'm glad to learn that your mother is in good spirits - this put a smile on my face. You know you have my support!

So glad I could count on you, thanks for the support! :kiss:

PoeticJustice

Hi ladies,

Just a friendly request to ask for prayers for my mother. She has surgery on Friday (removing her kidney with the cancer). I will also be traveling back home to stay with my mother for a short while so I ask for traveling mercies and arriving grace. Thank you in advance ladies, God bless!

sb44

I'm sure you know my prayers are with you! Help her stay positive and get some rest for yourself so you can be a source of strength for her. Please keep us posted.

PoeticJustice

sb44 said:
I'm sure you know my prayers are with you! Help her stay positive and get some rest for yourself so you can be a source of strength for her. Please keep us posted.

Yes, you know I know.... :)
I will do my best at keeping her positive, and now I can go to bed now even more encouraged. Thank you SB44. I will definitely keep you posted. :kiss:

PoeticJustice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi ladies,
I wanted to give you all an update on my mother. I posted in the prayer request thread as she under went surgery. The doctors removed her right kidney yesterday and she lost only 3 tablespoons of blood (not alot at all, right )

The best part is the doctors did more testing a few days including a biopsy before the surgery to see if the cancer had spread or any infections in her uretha or bladder. And there were NO signs of any cancer!!!!! She will not need any chemo or radiation!!!

Surgery went well and she is resting comfortably. The doctors and nurses are making sure she's not it alot of pain. God is sooo good and has truly smiled down on my mother. Thank you ladies for the prayers and the support!!! God bless.