UK Ladies! Cathy Howse in London!

Integrity

In case anyone is interested. She will be at the Afro Hair and Beauty Show next week.

Free Hair Care Seminar
Presented by Cathy Howse

HAIR CARE, HAIR MYTHS, HAIR GROWTH
A SEMINAR FOR TODAY'S BLACK WOMAN

AFRO HAIR & BEAUTY SHOW IN LONDON
Alexandra Palace, London
Great Hall, Rose Window Stage
Sunday MAY 25, 2008--3:45 pm
Monday May 26, 2008--4:00 pm
Visit --Ultra Black Hair Booth #130

I met her last year at th UBH stand, I bought some products. I going again this year cos it will be cheaper to get the stuff there (even with entry fee) than pay shipping.

I'm going to the Afro Hair and Beauty show on Sunday- might check it out. Thanks for posting.

I met her last year at th UBH stand, I bought some products. I going again this year cos it will be cheaper to get the stuff there (even with entry fee) than pay shipping.

I love Cathy Howse's products... I just hate the shipping as well. But it sure is worth it when I see my hair thriving.

I love her moisturiser and incase any of you are still paying to have products sent from the US I get UBH products from Hair Direct, they're based in Wembley (middlesex) (tel 02083852255) you can call and place an order over the phone, so the shipping isn't nearly as much as getting it from Cathy's website. It was Cathy herself who emailed me and told me to get it from there for cheaper. hope that helps.

Sounds great! was going to go to the show on Bank holiday Monday. The ticket is £8 though, you said the seminar's free? :ohwell:

did anyone make it? i am curious to know how cathy's hair is since i think she went natural/transitioned.

I managed to catch some of the her seminar on Sunday.
She said she has been relaxer free for 4 years. Hair was quite nice and thick, probably about APL or below, ends a bit thin but looked healthy. She says that she blowdries and flat irons her hair and washes her hair every 3 days
The seminar was interesting if not new to me since LHCF- dispelling myths like we shouldn't wash our hair too much, grease is good etc.

She also spoke about thinning edges which she believes could be because of relaxers being pushed into our hair follicles on the edges and "changing our DNA".

She said she has been relaxer free for 4 years. Hair was quite nice and thick, probably about APL or below, ends a bit thin but looked healthy. She says that she blowdries and flat irons her hair and washes her hair every 3 days
The seminar was interesting if not new to me since LHCF- dispelling myths like we shouldn't wash our hair too much, grease is good etc.

She also spoke about thinning edges which she believes could be because of relaxers being pushed into our hair follicles on the edges and "changing our DNA".

thanks a lot for the feedback. i am wondering how she gets away with heatstyling every 3 days!!!

thanks a lot for the feedback. i am wondering how she gets away with heatstyling every 3 days!!!

You're welcome.
Not sure if she heat styles every 3 days- didn't get to ask her. I did hear her say something about stretching her hair with scrunchies- I assume she meant banding. She was selling a new book- Thinning edges- which also had info about how she transitioned w/o a BC. Was gonna get it but there were too many ppl there and was too impatient to wait.

Originally Posted by Sequoia

Wow...that is very interesting (the bold).

I also went to the seminar on sundays hair and beauty show

Firstly i was suprised at how tiny Cathy Howse was! Really titchy.

Like Sequoia said, it was nothing new if you are a LHCFer, however i felt she was conveying the "relaxers are evil message" - and i'm a natural

Also when it came to questions and a lady asked about transitioning to natural Cathy began by replying: "You need to read/buy my book thinning edges" :-S

After the seminar i too went to her overly crowded booth where she came across very friendly, she was letting women feel her scalp and reassuring everyone that they too can healthy, long hair like hers, even when a lady with a weave shouted "but you got good hair doh!" after feeling the roots

I agree with Sequoia that cathy's "ends a bit thin but looked healthy"

Back