Transitioning Question

gharp001

I’m getting close to three months into transitioning & believe that I have found the right products to use. However, my hair seems to be shedding for no apparent reason I’ve done deep conditioning protein treatments once to twice a month and noticed that my hair doesn’t seem to care for protein too much. I tried the much beloved Suave Milk & Honey conditioner for CW and this didn’t do anything to my hair but make it dry and tangled. I didn’t want to do the big cut, but now I’m wondering if this is the only way to stop the shedding. I have about 1-2 inches of new growth and my hair is health; should I just expect to loose hair along the way? I'm not losing 100 hairs a day; but enough for me to notice! :perplexed So, I'm wondering if this is just part of the transitioning.....

Country gal

I think it is shedding because you are overdue for a perm. When dealing with two hair textures, it can be really hard finding products that work well on permed ends and new growth. I would start cutting off some of the ends.