transitioning help..

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am 8 weeks post relaxer and I am trying to practice some natural styles. It's a big waste of time because my twists won't stay.:ohwell: I am roller setting, but can you guys tell me any other styles I can use for the sake of variety? I am still unable to braid so that style is out.:blush: Any help you give me is appreciated. Is it too soon to try natural styling options? How long do I have to wait before I can rock some twists?

I have no advice, just good luck with transitioning again. I really thought you were happy with being relaxed and rollersetting, you've seemed so much less stressed the past few months...

Re: transitioning to texlaxed help..

I'm transitioning to texlaxed. Being relaxed strait is just not healthy for my hair. I am trying to get the best of both worlds. I am hoping to have healthier hair in the future

Last edited:
My twists stay, but I've never had them in for more than 2 days because I do twistouts. I apply leave-in (currently using Nexxus Headress) and Fantasia IC Styling Gel with Sparkle Lites (currently using the clear one). After that I brush a section of hair to get it smooth, then I twist it. I go section by section like that.

When I'm finished I have about 10-16 twists. Then I tie my scarf on with my hair hanging out of the back, put a bonnet over that, go to bed and let my hair dry overnight. When I wake up the twists are still in. HTH.

Back